Project Runway Season 2

iLoveCouture said:
sarah13 said:
I loved Chloe's collection, but after seeing it on TV and not just still photos, I didn't think it was as "woman friendly" as the judges kept saying. The curved seams were gorgeous, but I felt that at any moment a boob might pop out of one of the dresses, particularly these. Does any one else agree?

Look closely when they replay the finale. The model's boob did come out of the Gold Halter Dress w/ pockets, and it was blurred out.

Oh my, I did not see that. I don't think a boob falling out is very "woman friendly". Men friendly perhaps

Anyway, I found myself going back and forth and which designer I wanted to win. Collection wise I think Chloe and Santino had a more cohesive theme, but Daniel had some outstandingly beautiful pieces. I think they all need some fine tuning, and like the judges said, Chloe needs some showmanship. I don't think Santino was a b*tch or malicious at all. I actually found him quite candid and funny throughout the whole season. And if you look back he is constantly the ring leader and comedian of the group when they are in the workshop. Overall, I loved this show. Bravo, Bravo!

chloes stuff was flat, basic, boring, and ive seen it before.

santino was the only designer i liked. however, he didnt belong with banana republic anyways. he is too creative for the bland style of the company. maybe he should work for roberto cavalli or something...

Why was Daniel V. so psyched about those bags... personally, I thought they were stupid looking..

Nocturnal_Antix said:
I can't believe Chloe won..
I was positive she was gonna be the first out actually, so when they called
out her name I was like what? If you looked at all the stuff she did on project
runway about 5 of them wear blue with that same old cut with the same old pattern.

I don't think she's versatile at all, and I don't think she's capable of risks, besides that really poofy thing she made. I can't stand Santino but I
would've had him win way rather than chloe.

It's funny too that on that poll thing, she was voted 15% to win, the least
favorite of the PR viewers where as Daniel got nearly 50%, IDK, I just
don't get PR sometimes.

Exactly. The fact that she couldn't use any other color except blue got on my nerves

Did anyone else get Versace vibes for a couple of Santino's dresses? O.o

esile said:
santino's dress is going for $2,750, while
chloe's blue dress with the cut outs is at $1075.
there's still 5 days left.

here's the link to the auction ...for anyone interested.

http://projectrunway.auction.shopthescene.com/?SESSID=2b6588c8d6f4424c29f655f16b4e1490

I think the average woman would be more comfortable/actually fit santinos dress vs. chloes...:wink:

Her dress is cleary designed for a woman of great height/sample size body shape.

& His dress can be found in your local shopping plaza, but it has a great colour, and its made by "santino! from porject runway!!" His stuff (in most minds) might be considered limited, because he didnt win. So a chance to get his dress vs. the winner who will (hopefully) have more clothing out...is what auctions are all about.

Avant Garde said:
Exactly. The fact that she couldn't use any other color except blue got on my nerves

Thank you!! haha, someone that gets it :wink:
pic_eps_rate_chloe_ep2.jpg
pic_eps_rate_chloe_ep5.jpg
pic_eps_rate_chloe_ep7.jpg
pic_eps_rate_chloe_ep8.jpg

:blink: once again, no versatility, i'm so schocked the judges never point out
how safe and basic here designes were

treschic said:
I just finished watching Kara's show, and it was pretty f*cking fabulous =). I guess she did somewhat channel Jay with the bright colors and all, but her clothes were amazing. I would've loved to have her in the top three if I knew she could pull that stuff out of her mind that well.

Ya'll can watch it here: http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway_2/Episodes/Episode_14/Videos/bonus_1_ep14.shtml

Some of the dresses were really great, but the hats were distracting! :doh:

Luna said:
Why was Daniel V. so psyched about those bags... personally, I thought they were stupid looking..

I thought the same thing.. Tim was funny when he said that maybe them getting lost was for a reason or a sign or whatever:lol:

Karas collection was fantastic., and you could see the look of "oh sh** did we make a mistake?" looks on the judges faces

I don't know, though, as good as Kara's collection might've been (I thought it was mediocre), the judges wouldn't have picked her either way -- it resembles Jay's winning collection from last season quite a bit (Vibrant colors, objective cohesiveness, etc.), don't you think?

Other than the vibrant colors, I don't see any siilarity between her collection and Jays. Jay's style is funkier - more punk. Plus, she did quite a few dresses and it my understanding that dresses are not one of Jays favorite things to design.

Think of it this way, if you had seen Kara's collection without knowning who designed it, would you have ever attributed it to Jay?

I thought the show was already over and some one won? PM me who won if you know!! Thanks!

Avant Garde said:

I seem to remember Chloe mentioning that she used blue so much because her model Grace is a redhead and she wanted to use a color that she knew would work. I would hope given more time in a challenge Chloe would have used more color.

I also don't think Chloe can be blamed for using blue in the Clothes Off Your Back challenge since Chloe just happened to be wearing blue that day.

Chloe!!!!

rangerrick14 said:
:heart: I thought Chloe's collection was great call me stupid but I loved the first look to me it was sophisticated but young a lovely.

daniel -- so boring!!!! what was he thinking? he dressed secretaries.i did not think he was going to win. his things are passable but when it comes to creating "the it" he is too immature. he does not have a direction. his collection lacked originality, flow, and a theme.

santino? i expected him to win. he listens to himself, to his inner creativity. there is a driving force inside of him which i hoped would come out and splash all over the runway. instead, he made 1 beautiful dress and nothing remarkable. it was just a so-so collection.

now look at cloe. some pieces were not as beautiful as they should have been. but she pulled it all together. the whole collection has a particular mood to it. you can feel how all the pieces fit together -- the colection is like one whole. it is original and suprising. it was the most cohesive colection among all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->