Q&A: Best makeup brands

MAC FO' LIFE!! HAAHAHA

but im more fond of the eyewear more than anything...best stuff evarrrrrrrrrrrrr

as far as foundation goes, Almay for me (covers ok, cheap and hypoallergenic which is what i need for my uber sensitive skin)

but yeah if I could afford the WHOLE ENTIRE MAC line....I would inna heartbeat

I need a suga daddy damnit :lol:

I use NARS cosmetics, but I keep hearing that isn't very good for your skin/ it contains lost of harmful ingredients? Has anyone else heard this?

HotSpot said:
I use NARS cosmetics, but I keep hearing that isn't very good for your skin/ it contains lost of harmful ingredients? Has anyone else heard this?

Yes there is a thread somewhere about that..I think it was posted about 1-2 months ago...I can't recall the thread but I saved the link that named the various Nars products that were harmful.

http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep/department.php?dept=Cosmetics

:flower:

I love MAC's studiofix, eyeshadow and lipglass. The studio fix is great, beucase i have good skin and don't need a lot of coverage, but when i do it's hard to find a brand that matches my asian skin well. MACs stuff blends in great. Shiseido is by favorite blush, and I use Stila lip stain with my lipglass, it stays on forever.

I love Studio Fix and Studio Tech, their eyeshadows are great I especially love the "MAC Pigments" that stuff is GREAT!!! I couldnt live without my lipglass, I dont think I have purchased a lipstick in like 2 years.

I dont have a fave brand anymore, for a while it was chanel but i tend to deviate nowerdays. so heres my list:

Foundation: chanel universal fluid
Concealer: YSL touche eclait
mascara: diorshow
Eyeliner: Aveda (though chanels was v.g.)
Eyeshadow: Lancome (or MAC)
Blush: Bobby brown shimmer brick is divine

I dont use lipstick or gloss, just a little flavoured balm from Rose and Co on top of a bit of concealer. Oh and i love MAC brushes, very good value.

Foundation: MAC (they have this new powder and creamy, SPF, great stuff)

Blush: MAC (trixy)

Eyeshadow: Makeup forever loose powder

Mascara: Maybelline or covergirl

eyeliner: Guerllen, cuz their brushes are thin and dont mess up

kohl: I use dior, but its real rough...Mac's is too soggy..havent found the perfect one yet..

lipgloss: MAC

Lipstick: channel's neutreul pink stuff, or Dior's presto beige

Foundation and blush: Paula Dorf

Powder: Lancome

Eyes: Shu Uemura, Chanel

Lips: Lancome, Chanel

I'm mainly a MAC girl. The few things that I use often that AREN'T from there are my CoverGirl True Blend (works allright), and maybelline waterproof mascara. I'm going to look into their eye liner.

From MAC I have their brushes (wonderful!) lots of eyeshadow palettes, a few lipsticks and a couple glosses and blushes. Mostly eye makeup though. I don't tend to colour my lips very often since they're pink already and my skin is pale enough for the contrast to be strong.

I need to find better, LONG LASTING, foundations though.

Dior (lispticks and mascara)
Lancôme (esp. foundation)
MAC
Helena Rubinstein

Last edited by a moderator:
Assembler said:
I need to find better, LONG LASTING, foundations though.

You should try Lancôme Adaptîve. It's nothing less than perfect. :heart:

Chantecaille
Giorgio Armani
La Prairie
by Terry
Stephane Marais
YSL
Kanebo
Guerlain
Lip Lingerie

MAC for sure.... most of my stuffs are from MAC...some others are by Benefits

I love Guerlain. Most of my stuff is Guerlain. Their mascaras and their blush, though, are horrible.

Can't live without the Terracotta-products, Les Meteorites and my Issima foundation.

IMO, Helena Rubinstein's mascaras are the best I've ever tried. I'm also quite fond of Bourjois' blush.

I love smashbox cosmetics. I ordered their products from sephora.com. It really impressed me.

i just bought Dior Addict - lipstick .. i like it ! looks great on tan skin.

and i used Estee lauder pencil lipsticks otherwise...

and some coloured kohl from some random company but i fount it to be very soft /

and ... Anna Sui shadow .. violet shade //
some Rimmel shadow in shiny silver! :smile:

and NINA RICCI RULES when it comes to Eye PENCILS

guys .. do you know which company has this impression of a FLOWER as its Sign ???

just a simple flower like th kind children draw .. silver agsint black .. there is no other name written.. :( its some GREAT shadow mum gave me . but no name !

I'm a pretty loyal MAC customer because of their recycling program, great textures, and color selection. Love the lipstick, gloss, powder, blush, eyeshadow, etc. Very reasonably priced compared to other department store brands. Only thing I really go elsewhere for is lip pencils from Aveda, nail polish from Estee Lauder or Chanel or OPI or wherever I can find the right color. I also wear Prescriptives Custom Blend foundation and concealer because of my unusual skintone ... they've changed the product line recently so I can't get the concealer made like I used to & I haven't tried the last batch they made for me yet ... if it doesn't work I don't know what I'm gonna do. (I'm fair but the big issue is that my skin is quite pink and also oily. Popular wisdom is to slap yellow on that, but I figured out way back in 7th grade that just makes me go orange.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->