Raw Foods

doesn't raw foods create a lot of err .... flatulence? :unsure: no I"m seriously asking....

Maybe for the first week or two. Your body just has to get used to it. But then things will be better than ever. :wink:

Where can I find out more about this? I've been meaning to kick my bad eating habits (Diet Coke, deep fried foods, etc...). Anyone have any good recipes to share?

I eat 75-80% raw food (fruits and veggies) and 20-25% cooked (baked potato, whole grain breads pastas,etc..). I find that it is great!

I love raw veggies and nuts, I could live on the stuff...but to rule out everythign else is so impractical, really. You feel so much more energy when you eat more fresh and unprocessed foods though.

Totakeke, it's wonderful that you intend to kick your bad habits, but to go from Coke and fried foods to a raw-food diet may be extreme...? I mean, you don't want to rebound, and your body may suffer symptoms. I think going macrobiotic for a few months, or at least vegan or vegetarian, is recommended first.

You don't have to go 100% raw. It is just about incorporating as much raw food into your diet as you are comfortable with.

You will probably go through detox. But that is just the body cleaning itself, and you should try to think of it as a good thing! Whenever you get sick, that is also your body cleaning itself out. The worst thing people do is take medicine, which just represses the illness. :flower:

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/forum/index.php

http://www.rawfood.com/forum/ultimatebb.php

Bonchic said:
I eat 75-80% raw food (fruits and veggies) and 20-25% cooked (baked potato, whole grain breads pastas,etc..). I find that it is great!

That's about where I stand, as well. :smile:

Anabel - Thanks!

Melisande - Oh no, I'm not gonna go cold turkey overnight but I've totally eliminated Diet Coke from my meals (it makes me jittery anyway, I don't know why I kept drinking it anyway). Right now, I'm trying to eat less meat, maybe slowly, some cooked veggies and hopefully, after a while, raw veggies and fruits and stuff.

Totakeke said:
Anabel - Thanks!

Melisande - Oh no, I'm not gonna go cold turkey overnight but I've totally eliminated Diet Coke from my meals (it makes me jittery anyway, I don't know why I kept drinking it anyway). Right now, I'm trying to eat less meat, maybe slowly, some cooked veggies and hopefully, after a while, raw veggies and fruits and stuff.

Yay, sounds like a great plan! :woot: :flower:

Some questions...

Ok, so I'm not sure I'll ever go 100%, nor do I think I want to.. But I do find the idea of increasing the amount of raw fruit and vegetables in my diet a good one, so... here are just some things I have been wondering about since I started thinking about this diet.

1. Is soy milk "raw"? Why no "real" milk for that matter? So could I have oats with soy/milk and fruits for breakfast? - How "raw" would that be?

2. What about protein? Does raw seafood, shrimps, eggs in shake/smoothie (blergh, not that I would do it but I'm asking hypothetically) count?

3. People who do this diet can still drink herbal teas right?

4. What supplements do you take, if any?

Any comments on the above will be appreciated :flower: I think I might do a 70% tryout or something of the sorts...
But I'm going to my parent's place over the Easter break, and I don't think I could possibly miss out on my mom's lasagna, so it'll have to wait a wee bit :blush:

thanks for all the links, etc. I've been thinking about encorporating a lot more raw food into my diet lately just because i've been feeling a bit icky. Not as a raw food diet or anything but i can see how eating veggies etc. raw would be more beneficial. When you cook with onions, garlic, etc. do you eat them raw as well?

We have decided to reopen this thread and though we appreciate how on topic everyone has been, just a reminder that this thread is for discussing the eating of raw food and not as any sort of weight loss 'diet'. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me :flower:

Browneyes

1. Is soy milk "raw"? Why no "real" milk for that matter? So could I have oats with soy/milk and fruits for breakfast? - How "raw" would that be?

No, not raw. You can make nut or seed milks (SOOOO easy!!) that taste far better and are far more nutitional. You might experience bloating and gas eating fruits with a milk. Fruit should be eaten alone as it only takes a very short time to digest, otherwise it begins to ferment in your stomach.

2. What about protein? Does raw seafood, shrimps, eggs in shake/smoothie (blergh, not that I would do it but I'm asking hypothetically) count?

Protein is simply amino acids. Amino acids are in all foods. Do not worry about getting enough protein. I can explain this further if you like.
There are raw foodists who eat raw animal products. Egg yolks in smoothies, raw fish, raw diary etc... But beware that raw dairy in shops, may not really be raw. Many products which claim to be raw, unfortunatly are not. You just have to sort out reliable sources.

3. People who do this diet can still drink herbal teas right?

Sure if you like. Not technically raw unless you make sun tea.

4. What supplements do you take, if any?

I take MSM, bee pollen, Macca (sometimes), and a green powder (sometimes).

:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Meg said:
thanks for all the links, etc. I've been thinking about encorporating a lot more raw food into my diet lately just because i've been feeling a bit icky. Not as a raw food diet or anything but i can see how eating veggies etc. raw would be more beneficial. When you cook with onions, garlic, etc. do you eat them raw as well?

Yes! I love to eat garlic and onions. I think they are much better raw!

anyone know where i can get recipes for raw coconut cream and raw banana cream pie? i found this recipe for this delicious raw strawberry cheesecake (not real cheese) and i cannot wait to try it. im curious, could i really eat the whole thing ( i dont think i would but...) and be without reason to feel guilty? its amazing, eating cheesecake thats actually beneficial to your health!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->