Raw Foods

^ Just remember that anything beneficial/healthy isn't necesseraly good if it's taken in excess...

Even though fruits and nuts are good for you, they do contain calories... And if you drink a lot of water (which is good) it could actually kill you if you're drinking huge amounts; we're talking 10 litres in an hour or so though!

Atelier said:
I could never do it for one simple reason: Juliano.

juliano-fuzzy.jpg

Ever since I saw this tool on E! (or was it the Style Network), no way.

what was this about?

chanelnumber5 said:
what is a raw food "oven"?

a Dehydrator ?

it works by warm air blowing over the food, that makes the water evaporate, and the temperature is around 90 degrees , so it isn't hot enough to kill the enzymes , so the food remains raw....but less water. So, you can make your own dried fruit, it's useful to use to prepared dried raw food to pack when you are travelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
fashionlives said:
a Dehydrator ?

it works by warm air blowing over the food, that makes the water evaporate, and the temperature is around 90 degrees , so it isn't hot enough to kill the enzymes , so the food remains raw....but less water. So, you can make your own dried fruit, it's useful to use to prepared dried raw food to pack when you are travelling.

thnk u!!:flower:

[SIZE=-1]Avocados, raw, all commercial varieties [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Avocados, raw, California [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Avocados, raw, Florida [/SIZE]
there's so mani typeS! d
there's so mani types ! does anyone have the difference?

does anyone knoe how mani calories in a persimmon? i can onli find the calories for one meduim! ther'es so mani sizes these days!

I'm 100% RAW too - and I tell you - it is unbelieveable!! Before going 100% raw I followed the Paleodiet (tjeck out www.thepaleodiet.com for more info) which was good and helped to clear up my skin and such(I must have been about 85% raw)...but after going raw for REAL the changes in my body - which was already quite healthy btw. were SO noticeable that I didn't wan't to go back!! My skin is soft ALL over, no more pimples, not even little ones...there are NONE!! And I only use virgin coconut oil and water on it:D
I've lost the least 1-2 pound I needed to loose even though I've been eating like a pig, seriously I've eaten so much:D But the thing is, you never feel STUFFED like you do un cooked food...you fell...hmh...well satisfied.
I would STRONGLY recomend everyone to try this, if only for a week ...and feel the changes on their own body and mind - oh yeah, that's a thing too---It's like being on a natural high or something. I feel elevated, clear and happy....ALL THE TIME?! Try it...seriously...or at least tjeck out www.rawfoodtalk.com YOU OWE THIS TO YOURSELF....believe me:wink:
Alba

fashionlives said:
[SIZE=-1]Avocados, raw, all commercial varieties [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Avocados, raw, California [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Avocados, raw, Florida [/SIZE]
there's so mani typeS! d
there's so mani types ! does anyone have the difference?

does anyone knoe how mani calories in a persimmon? i can onli find the calories for one meduim! ther'es so mani sizes these days!

The calories in every foods including the ones you mentioned are listed on www.fitday.com It's free to sign up and easy to use!:flower:

I tried going totally raw, I thought since I was vegetarian it would be a logical step, but sadly for me i'm a really fussy eater and no matter how hard I try, I always end up going back to roasted kumara, pasta and fried foods like onions with garlic. Its also impossible to get organic lettuce over here in NZ and I really hate the idea of eating sprays and other such chemicals T_T

I'm not a raw foodie-- but hopefully one the day will come and until then I tr to incorporate as much raw as possible. A great book to check out is Brenda Cobb's The Living Foods Lifestyle. It was really really informative and just makes the whole lifestyle make sense. At least in a biological sense, it seems completely unnatural to cook my food after hearing all about how my body works with food and the whole process of digestion. Now, if only the willpower...

I don't know if I totally buy the raw food argument though. Cooking food isn't something that has only popped up over the past century or two - man has known fire for 200,000 years or more, that is enough time for the body to adapt itself to cooked food. I know evolution often takes millions of years, but hey - the appendix has phased itself out only (relatively) recently, so I believe that the body can adapt quite quickly to new situations.

I think in today's society people need to understand the importance of what they put in their mouths and how it is produced, but to say that cooked food is unhealthy and unnatural, I think, is an exaggeration.

In fact if you read any anthropology food you'll find out that eating cooked food was one of the factors that helped humans develop a more sophisticated brain than other species and therefore be intelligent.

Yeah I've heard that - something about smaller jaw-muscles leaving more space for the brain or something - I guess I'm going dumb then?:smile:

Of course not!!! It was a process that took place during thousands of years, you're not gonna become dumb even if you spend you whole life eating raw food, it would only happen if we humans adopted it as our way of eating.

I'm simply looking at our bodies today and how we utilize the food we put in. Our bodies, on a cellular level of attaining nutrients, would be much more happy if we gave them raw foods. Raw foods rich in enzymes! I'm not sasying someone has to go completely raw and it's crazy to eat cooked food, but it also seems crazy to me to deny that cooking your food completely damages it's nutritional value and you are healthier including a large amount of raw into your diet. I mean, no offense to us humans, but I don't exactly think we are the brightest beings when it comes to what to put in our bodies. Hence, the cancer and disease rates.... We're just bright on fixing the problem with medical treatment, but what we really need to vastly improve our awareness on is preventative medicine. Raw foods, rich in nutriants and enzymes, easy to digest, easily absorbed (nutrients) by the body, are the kind of preventative medicine we should all be taking more of.

woodenhouse said:
Our bodies, on a cellular level of attaining nutrients, would be much more happy if we gave them raw foods. Raw foods rich in enzymes! I'm not sasying someone has to go completely raw and it's crazy to eat cooked food, but it also seems crazy to me to deny that cooking your food completely damages it's nutritional value and you are healthier including a large amount of raw into your diet (...) Raw foods, rich in nutriants and enzymes, easy to digest, easily absorbed (nutrients) by the body, are the kind of preventative medicine we should all be taking more of.

Enzymes from raw food aren't used by our body, we degrade them in order to get the animoacids to synthesize our own proteins and that can be done with cooked food too. When we eat our digestive enzymes degrade all the nutrients to their most simple molecules (carbohydrates to glucose, fructose and lactose, fat to simple fatty acids and proteins to aminoacids) since the more complex ones can't be absorbed by the intestinal epithellium. In cooked food all these nutrients are partially degraded so by eating cooked food you make it easier for your intestine to absorve them since it has to work less and only when you overcook the food you can destroy these molecules (and by overcooking I don't mean burning it, before you burn it it's already overcooked). About minerals and vitamines the thing's a bit different because they're more damaged while processing food (not totally, again it's a matter of how and how much you cook your food) but if you eat five pieces of fruit every day and other things such as salad rather often, you'll be getting the amounts you need for most of them.

It's a lie that nutrients from raw food are easier to digest or absorbe, in fact it's quite the contrary, it's also a lie that by cooking it you destroy its nutritional value, you just have to reach the middle point where the food it's not raw but not overprocessed, but you're totally right when you say lots of the very common diseaes are caused by poor nutrition and we should be eating less overprocessed food, less meat and more healthy things, specially fruits.

Last edited by a moderator:
^thank you for the info :flower: It pretty much contradicts what my book states, but you made sense and i'm sure theirs truth to it. So I guess life is about.. the happy middle.

how do you know it's a lie? Just curious, since you sound very sure - are you a doctor or nutritionist or something? :smile: Love alba

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->