Raw Foods

I don't think these things can really be argued theoretically, because it makes sense both ways. One has to experience it to SEE what an unbelievable difference it makes. The body doesn't lie...:wink:
I personally can corroborate Alba's testimony 100%.

I was raw vegan for a while, but gave it up because it was impossible to sustain here in Tokyo, specially with work/social life.
I still try to eat as much raw as possible, just because it feels so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm vegetarian but lean more on the raw side. The changes I've seen are
clear skin, glossy hair, radiant eyes! My moods have changed as well in
a good way. No more menstural cramps, or bloating, and my headaches
no longer exist. I feel energized all the time!

It makes sense to me not to cook our foods. Why cook it? Yes, cooked
foods taste great.....and people say to me "your missing out on some
great pizza" no I'm not, I can still eat pizza, it's not cooked but it's still
good, maybe even better! :P The idea that once we cook our foods
what benefits do we really get out of it? I don't see any. There is a
reason that fruits and veggies are raw. There is a reason we can
cook them too! But the only reason I see that saves and gives
key nutrients for our bodies is to eat un-cooked foods. Foods that
are cooked, it depreciates those nutrients that it stores. And the
point of eating fruits and veggies is to get those nutrients in that
natural way. What a yummy way too! :D

How can you eat pizza if you don't eat cooked food? Just curious.

I still believe in evolution and adaption, even if it is healthy to eat raw food (would you eat a raw potato? Yuck! Then again many people believe that potatoes are detrimental to health anyway)

^ obviously you didn't read carefully what I wrote....
There are many many recipes that are very creative to make
un-cooked pizzas.....plus about eating a raw potato? It's about
how you prepare the dish using a raw potato......Unless you feel
like eating a raw potato like an apple...go for it?....:huh:

I still believe that if other animals get credited with being able to eat foods enterprisingly, then it is ridiculous that human beings do not. For example, animals who eat foods with cyanide, a relatively recent development due to the increase of animals fighting for the same foods, enterprisingly found out that eating warm river clay negates the effects of Cyanide. In this way I believe that human beings developed a way to access food that was previously unavailable to them, either by cooking it, or growing it artificially (greenhouses, plantations etc). In this way our bodies have adapted to eat this wide variety of foods.

I just don't think it's as black and white as "you must eat all raw, nothing cooked" because I don't think nature is that restricted, especially not when you're an omnivore with a large brain.

And I did read your post, but I didn't quite think you were talking about having the equivalent of a pizza in your diet, just because you don't have dough, cheese or reduced tomato puree (and raw onions hurt, ouch), or any sauces that you'd commonly find on a pizza, so I wasn't really sure if you were just joking or not.

Alba said:
how do you know it's a lie? Just curious, since you sound very sure - are you a doctor or nutritionist or something? :smile: Love alba

I'm studying Biomedicine. This year I took human physiology (that means, how the body works), biochemistry (the metabolic pathways we use to obtain energy from food) and nutrition, among other things. Also my mother works at a Public Health Agency, she makes quality and healthiness tests to food before it's available to the public so nutrition and food are something I'm quite into.

sounds like you are:D There are so many different theories - so I guess I'll have to just listen to my body (which btw. is telling me to go and make a mango/blueberry smothie asap) :smile: alba

^Exactly, Alba. Above any array of scientific data, your body knows what is right. And if a raw foods diet is making you clearer, more alert, healthier physsique, then why not?

Listening to your body is good, if you want to eat something raw then do it, there's a strong psychological factor in the way food agrees with you, if you eat something believing it will be good for you, you'll probably feel good even if the thing doesn't have any effect and viceversa. I wouldn't recommed you to go totally raw because I don't think our digestive system is prepared for that, but it's your own choice.

wow...we posted at the same time -lol- I meant what woodenhouse said:smile:

it's not just a feeling - I mean, my acne went away over night - litteraly...
:smile:

Hmm.. so far today i've consumer lotss of grapes, an apple, a small cucumber (from my garden), carrots, and a bowl of berries. Maybe my face will glow tommorrow too!? :P Wishful thinking.

^ahha.. it didn't last. My brother just had to bake some vegan eggplant "parmesian" and I became.. cooked

Alba said:
it's not just a feeling - I mean, my acne went away over night - litteraly...
:smile:

Hey alba :blush:
Do you think you could help me? I really want to go on this "diet" but i don't know what to eat? Could you tell me what you can eat? I couldn't find anything on their website! I'll like my skin to be perfect - hehe. I hope you have time to help me :wink:

well of course! I'll write you a personal message in danish one of these days!!

wuups - this is alba writing, I'm just logged on my sisters account apparently:smile:

woodenhouse said:
Hmm.. so far today i've consumer lotss of grapes, an apple, a small cucumber (from my garden), carrots, and a bowl of berries. Maybe my face will glow tommorrow too!? :P Wishful thinking.
just remember that grapes have alot of sugar in them (natural mind you but you can still overdo it on them) and carrots as well.

Morcheeba said:
wuups - this is alba writing, I'm just logged on my sisters account apparently:smile:

Mange tak alba! Det er så sødt af dig! Så du også min besked på din profil? :blush: Du kan lige få min mail, så kan vi skrive sammen der hvis det er okay?
[email protected]

Tak for hjælpen!

Knus, kristina

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->