Reusable Shopping Bags

from diane von furstenburg for $65
spacer01.gif
EXCLUSIVE "Go Green" Canvas Tote
Art Basel is the place to be if contemporary art is your thing. In celebration of this fabulous event, we had Ms. Diane herself create a "Go Green" tote exclusive for INTERMIX. Every part of the tote is designed by Diane herself specifically for this event There's even a note from her in the interior of the bag that says, "Save and Love the Planet". The tote is a limited edition for Art Basel and in addition to being at the event you can purchase it here!

This certified organic cotton tote is green (of course) and is covered with tiny ivory hearts edged in black. It measures 15" tall by 11" wide with a 3 1/2" gusset and a 3 1/2" structured bottom. The tote has a gold INTERMIX logo in the lower left hand corner and Diane's signature in the lower right hand corner. The beige cotton handles have an 11" drop. In green.
Picture-2-39.jpg

notcouture.com

i'm hoping that this will be one of those trends that just gains momentum with all of the awareness..

in my local supermarket they are now selling reusable shopping bags and you can get some sort of discount at the checkout line every time you use them..
which is pretty great i think ^_^

Locals here cut up the food aid bags and restitch them into sacks with handles ... only cost about 21 cents. And they're waterproof.

you get 5% off your grocery bill if you bring your own reusable bag at my market. love it.

I am really making an effort to carry a canvas tote when I go shopping. I've already gotten so many comments from people on my "I'm Not A Plastic Bag" tote! I absolutely love this trend and think everyone should make an effort. It's so easy!

i have the anya hindmarch "i'm not a plastic bag" tote...very cute, and humorously spreads an important message

I am really making an effort to carry a canvas tote when I go shopping. I've already gotten so many comments from people on my "I'm Not A Plastic Bag" tote! I absolutely love this trend and think everyone should make an effort. It's so easy!
however, this is more than just trend...it should be something that we all embrace, to the best of our ability, in order to save this planet

sorry of the PSA :ninja::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my Baggu's in the mail and I can't wait to use them. My I Am Not A Plastic Bag Tote is great but its hard to cart around during those just in case moments. I can just shove the Baggu's in the bottom of my purse and use them whenever so its great. I was surprised by just how much they fit - I tested them out with some of the things in my fridge and I was able to put an entire gallon of milk, a quart of OJ, some fruit and a few other things all in one bag! I was quite impressed!

^My mom is an environmental lecturer in my area and I got her the Baggu's for Christmas. She flipped out after she began using them because they were so much smaller but could fit so much more in them. Definitely the best.

My idea of a 'reusable shopping bag' is taking home plastic bags from the grocery store and using them for other things around the house. :lol:

I do that as well, we take any the plastic bags we have here and use them for garbage bags so that we don't have to buy more plastic trash bags.

I use my plastic bags for trash too, you can use any tote bag why would you spend so much money on a reusable one, isn't the idea to consume less?

I just like to have something that folds into my backpocket or fits in my purse. That way its always around for me to use it - none of the totebags I have at home do that. They're all larger and not as easy to carry around. Believe me I've tried. Not everyone has a small tote at their disposal or a bag that is convenient to tote around.

A reuseable bag can be any price, I don't think it has to be expensive. It could be as simple as saving an old bag or as extravagant (and mildly ironic) as carrying all your groceries in a custom Birkin. Different strokes for different folks. The idea is just to provide ideas for one another within this thread. :flower:

^^^ That's what I'll do!! I''ll make my own Birkin for groceries!!

Why does everything have to be a trend? :ninja: Little old ladies have been carrying their groceries in cotton bags for ages (not so much to save the planet, as to save the few coins the plastic bags at the grocery store cost...)

Personally I don't see the point of carrying around a cotton sack with me every day, just in case I might buy some food, meanwhile buying rolls of new plastic bags to put trash in. :innocent:

^Oh fab, I'll have to check those out. I love the prices at Target.

I'm looking for one that is smaller than the usual extra-large grocery size... something shorter but just as wide on the base, that I can use to bring my lunch to work. Does anybody have any ideas?

The Whole Foods here stopped using plastic bags all together, so today I got a reusable bag there for just 99 cents--It's cute

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->