Reusable Shopping Bags

Why does everything have to be a trend? :ninja: Little old ladies have been carrying their groceries in cotton bags for ages (not so much to save the planet, as to save the few coins the plastic bags at the grocery store cost...)

Personally I don't see the point of carrying around a cotton sack with me every day, just in case I might buy some food, meanwhile buying rolls of new plastic bags to put trash in. :innocent:

I don't think anyone thinks this is a trend, it's just in recent years people have exposed the need to take small steps like this. This thread is just to show how important it is, and how easy it is to make little changes. By carrying one small bag in the bottom of your handbag, that is one plastic bag that isn't being used. Every little bit counts.

The Whole Foods here stopped using plastic bags all together, so today I got a reusable bag there for just 99 cents--It's cute
Yeah my dad works at a natural foods grocery chain here in Seattle and they have banned plastic bags-they were originally using a special biodegradable bag-but they offer their shopping totes at cost to encourage people to buy them. The grocery that we shop at normally offers a 5-cent discount per reusable bag used...it may not seem like a lot but they're less than a buck.

When I do get shopping bags, I reuse them whenever possible. I'll use a plastic shopper to carry my work apron and shoes until it falls apart and then use it as a garbage bag. I use them to sort things. We have several cats at home so we use plastic shoppers when cleaning litter boxes. When possible though, I try and always use as few bags as possible. If I go to Sephora I rarely ever get a bag from there because their bags are on the smaller side and I'd rather stick the shadow in my purse.

I don't think anyone thinks this is a trend, it's just in recent years people have exposed the need to take small steps like this. This thread is just to show how important it is, and how easy it is to make little changes. By carrying one small bag in the bottom of your handbag, that is one plastic bag that isn't being used. Every little bit counts.

That's interesting, considering that we're in the handbag section of a fashion forum that has a clear rule against discussions about political issues.

I'm looking to get some of these. My store offers credit for bringing back the plastic bags the next time you go shopping....I guess every bit helps!

hmm. the other day i was carrying a black plastic bag and someone thought it was a coco cabas :rofl:

ChanelToteBag.jpg

pucchiswelt

I have a Cotton Twiggy bag from M&S and i love it, i have one in each design. I think that they can be really cute

Here's a cheap (like $40-something) bag I bought right before christmas from cole haan. Rolls up nicely and carries a lot. They aren't available on the site anymore but may still be available in stores.

Attachments

• tote.jpg
    tote.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 0
  • tote2.jpg
    tote2.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members