Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

It seems that Gucci wants to create a new “star” designer with the press, the pics with celebs, etc… but it’s not working.
Have you seen how he dresses celebs like Miley Cyrus and Kendall Jenner at the Gucci Flora perfume launch party ? Nobody wants to looks like that.
Underwhelming is the most charitable word that comes to mind.

Look at Natacha who went back to Nicolas and is doing consulting jobs.
I loved that about her….an ego-filled person wouldn’t do that so good for her…

Today i saw Sabato 3 womens collections (yes sometimes i like to torture myself)…and i think even with a lot of edit, styling and los of etc, his first was the best for him….his fw include some looks yeah but most of them terrible and resort im not even going to talk about.

Also he needs to get rid of Alastair asap…and improve casting.hope he is smart enough to make needed changes on that area too.

I loved that about her….an ego-filled person wouldn’t do that so good for her…

Today i saw Sabato 3 womens collections (yes sometimes i like to torture myself)…and i think even with a lot of edit, styling and los of etc, his first was the best for him….his fw include some looks yeah but most of them terrible and resort im not even going to talk about.

Also he needs to get rid of Alastair asap…and improve casting.hope he is smart enough to make needed changes on that area too.
Natacha No Ego!!!!?? LOL ...how about girl had to go where she was still welcomed and that was with her friend NG at LV and bill´s have to be paid .....i said too much already 🤐

Natacha No Ego!!!!?? LOL ...how about girl had to go where she was still welcomed and that was with her friend NG at LV and bill´s have to be paid .....i said too much already 🤐
Hahaah ok you know more but please complete info hahahahaha

:-) no its fine like this i like to stay on broader topics ...i made my 2 cents clear regarding the no ego thing :-)

Gucci Sales Fall 20 Percent​

Owner Kering’s sales fell 11 percent, as most of the group’s brands continued to suffer.
Gucci Cruise 2025.

Gucci Cruise 2025. (Getty Images)

By BOF
24 July 2024

Kering reported second-quarter sales down 11 percent, dragged down primarily by flagging sales at Italian mega-brand Gucci.
Gucci’s sales fell 20 percent in reported terms, and 18 percent on a currency-adjusted basis as plans to relaunch the label under a new executive team and designer continued to falter.
One year into the tenures of Gucci chief executive Jean-François Palus and creative director Sabato de Sarno, a sleeker and more heritage-driven vision for the brand has yet to reignite consumer demand in an increasingly challenged market for luxury goods, as shoppers rein in spending on high-end brands after a multi-year surge.
Saint Laurent, once the most stable growth engine in Kering’s portfolio, also reported falling revenues, down 7 percent on a comparable basis, while sales in the group’s Other Houses unit comprising Balenciaga and Alexander McQueen fell by 6 percent. Bottega Veneta reported flat revenues.

I read the numbers and it’s really alarming because their distribution ratio is 90% in stores and 10% in wholesales. So that means that either in shop in shops or standing stores, people aren’t checking for Gucci.

Everybody has a drop in profit but for example, LVMH sales are still strong.

That’s what Pinault got for having no strategy at all for the brand that is the cash cow of the group.

Ultimately, Gucci will have to change designer because such a brand cannot be so influenced by the trends of the industry.

And it’s insane to think that after so many years, Pinault doesn’t understand the industry. One thing Gucci needs is a versatile designer. And they needs to strongly define what the brand is supposed to be.

From The Business of Fashion RE: assisting in increasing sales. The fact that the leather goods are not selling is worrying. The clothes is something else, but the bags? Which reminds me, which of the new bags are 100% Sabato's creation? I see the Jackie being pushed but what about something from his time?

As Gucci is pursuing its turnaround strategy with creative director Sabato De Sarno, the management announced a line-up of new handbags starting from September. “The elevation strategy has to happen always with an eye on all of the consumer segments, high end and aspirational,” Bellettini noted. The new bags span price points and are tailored to markets and client segments, she added. “Each launch is going to be planned consistently with a communication strategy that speaks to the right consumer segment, a much more disciplined approach of communication tied very closely to the launch of the bags.”

As Gucci is pursuing its turnaround strategy with creative director Sabato De Sarno, the management announced a line-up of new handbags starting from September. “The elevation strategy has to happen always with an eye on all of the consumer segments, high end and aspirational,” Bellettini noted. The new bags span price points and are tailored to markets and client segments, she added. “Each launch is going to be planned consistently with a communication strategy that speaks to the right consumer segment, a much more disciplined approach of communication tied very closely to the launch of the bags.”
Even the way they talk about what they are wanting to do sounds like the first day out of business luxury high school.
basic basic no holistic vision ...just running after the issues to trying to solve them.

Even the way they talk about what they are wanting to do sounds like the first day out of business luxury high school.
basic basic no holistic vision ...just running after the issues to trying to solve them.
My thoughts exactly…and that’s alarming

So Ancora dancing guy must enjoy his last show…

From The Business of Fashion RE: assisting in increasing sales. The fact that the leather goods are not selling is worrying. The clothes is something else, but the bags? Which reminds me, which of the new bags are 100% Sabato's creation? I see the Jackie being pushed but what about something from his time?
Could it ultra be only be the cost of the bag? 15k for the new jackie

he should be expecting to dance his way out. But, yes, there are no lines at Gucci. I live in Bangkok and it is a new strong market for luxury. LV has been aggressively expanding new stores. Dior is opening the largest boutique in SEA with a cafe. Chanel spends lots of money in the culture and arts (and they always sell.)

If Kering is serious about making Gucci their cash cow, they need a CD with strong vision. Say what you will about Michele, his vision grew and expanded Gucci into a luxury lifestyle brand. Now Gucci stores are disjointed, cold and empty. They have no cultural significant. Their beauty products still has Michele aesthetics. Their home products are almost non-existant.

he should be expecting to dance his way out. But, yes, there are no lines at Gucci. I live in Bangkok and it is a new strong market for luxury. LV has been aggressively expanding new stores. Dior is opening the largest boutique in SEA with a cafe. Chanel spends lots of money in the culture and arts (and they always sell.)

If Kering is serious about making Gucci their cash cow, they need a CD with strong vision. Say what you will about Michele, his vision grew and expanded Gucci into a luxury lifestyle brand. Now Gucci stores are disjointed, cold and empty. They have no cultural significant. Their beauty products still has Michele aesthetics. Their home products are almost non-existant.

Right. I was in several SEA cities the last few months and it’s been quiet for Gucci. I’ve seen their new stores in two Philippine cities and how are they going to convince people of their new direction when the stores, one of them (Cebu) built during Sabato’s time reeks of Alessandro’s white slab marbles. I’m not a big fan of the new Saint Laurent template too in a small store. New LV is nice, Bangkok is establishing itself as a big player. LVMH have been bullish with SEA, going to second-tier cities.

Gucci wants to move upmarket but they’re obliterating all cultural points they have. It’s all soulless merch and I think when people buy luxury, expectations are there should be an intent of world building, a veneer of creativity or art direction. All those are lacking now at Gucci.

MGC and Hedi can sell basic but you know you’re still buying into a universe, there’s a woman and man envisaged. There’s fantasy. With Sabato’s Gucci it’s almost the same level of clothes sans that little magic dust that makes people but.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->