Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

I actually liked his menswear offering, his point of view on womenswear is just so superficial.
Gucci probably would be wise to hire a womenswear designer separately and completely overhaul their marketing department and distribution department. If the marketing did their job properly, at least he would have somewhat of a ground 0 to stand on. His menswear offering, which I think has more appeal to the massive than Michele's, is really dragged down by a bland campaign and wrong celebrity endorsement.

Gucci needs to step they gucci up and hire (as some of you guys suggested throughout this wretched thread) two separate designers like LV. Completely new names, entire new C-suite and the very idea what they want Gucci in 2024 to be. If they won’t then we will have SdS 2.0, 3.0 like f*cking iOS update, failure after failure.

I heard after the September show.
Like the song said: wake me up when September endsss.

My brain can't literally see no more from this guy. Whenever I see a store, a video or a Instagram Gucci ad pops up, 5% of my brain cells die.

This guy is like a late adopter hipster, but like 2-years-late adopter who uses his Instagram to show the world he is unique and different posting absurd quotes and pretentious artists... In reality he is the most basic thing ever produced by a human being. I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't.

Also, the Gucci ad with the white socks and the loafers 🤦. Your brainless local 10K influencer already did that 3 years ago my gawwwd.

Btw, no one needs Mary Disgrace anywhere. Please, please, fashion gods hear me out.

Rumors in Milan are that Maria Grazia is coming at Gucci
Was same rumour first round post Alessandro exit maybe this time is true but she loves Rome she even works for Dior with her design team from her Rome house at times. Diehard Romans often are not into living in Milan what i understood from friends its like the LA vs NYC common discourse of city mentalities:-)

This guy is like a late adopter hipster, but like 2-years-late adopter who uses his Instagram to show the world he is unique and different posting absurd quotes and pretentious artists... In reality he is the most basic thing ever produced by a human being. I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't.
Not a single lie.

^ I don’t think she’d be even willing to go there giving her salary at Dior and peace and quiet at studio, no drama, boss happy and she can do what she wants. Heaven for any designer. What would she ever trade Dior for Gucci ?

Can Kering even afford Mary at this point lol? She is probably earning absurd numbers at Dior.
Dior must be round the 7- 8 billion euro sales by now with 2 CD´s (her and Kim J. ) Gucci is round 10 billion with just one CD at the helm

BOF 2022: Dior has rapidly scaled from around €2.2 billion ($2.5 billion) in revenue in 2017 to €6.6 billion in 2021, according to estimates, with the strong growth putting it closer than ever to overtaking mega-brand rivals like Gucci, Hermès or even luxury titan Chanel. With an operating margin above 35 percent of sales, the brand is likely now the fourth most-profitable listed luxury fashion brand, after LVMH stablemate Louis Vuitton, Kering’s Gucci and Hermès.

Theoretically Gucci can afford her easy peasy !!:-)

I feel she is more of a Haute Couture house/brand style Creative director/designer , i think , Gucci is more based on idea of luxury house travel goods like LV is , less clear rtw story to build around its founder like she does now with the dior bar jackets and other dior signature on wise repeat she fits more for these type of feminine HC houses story around rtw and commercial eye for acc to make actual sales/profit.

HC houses have more often the myth around its founder where as LV and Gucci even Hermes its less about the founder and his style than the iconic products that became evergreens often because used by famous style icons etc

Chanel Dior Balenciaga Valentino for me the myth is more around the taste of the founder, personification of how ironic style mantra or codes often with clothes as the style anchor with acc and mythical stories around it supporting the ideal.

But you never know it might be true she is going to GG land or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->