Saint Laurent - The All-Things Saint Laurent Thread

So close to the deadline though? Wouldn't it make more sense to start in after the previous showing.
Fashion is an ongoing conversation. This is not your typical 9 to 5 corporate job. As I said, the difference between the fashion industry and others industry is that you can never really have a separation.

1 month is enough to prepare the runway show. In those big companies, a lot can be done in a week. Even more than concepts and ideas may have already been thought about as many collections and projects have been in work since the last show.

You can think about the next show right after showing but things really materialize in the last month.

This is not your typical 9 to 5 corporate job. As I said, the difference between the fashion industry and others industry is that you can never really have a separation.

i am really surprised that a lot of people here want fashion ateliers to function like a corporate office. I'm sure that schedule works for some CD but most artistic work is very spontaneous and extends outside worknig hours and even outside the office.

So close to the deadline though? Wouldn't it make more sense to start in after the previous showing.
Oh like nearly all the industry, especially in organized conglomerate , the 3 next collections are already in the making, they usually start at least a year prior a show.
Studio Betak requires models of the set 8 months in advance.
So I assume he's going back for casting, fitting, even deciding on the campaign, and fine tuning the scenographie.

It can be pretty surprising at such a quick turnover, but it isn’t the uncommon thing. From memory, Miuccia would often start the production of a Miu Miu collection at the start of the fashion month. Seems hasty, but highlights intuition and the relationships they have with their suppliers and manufacturers.

As others have said, for Kering I’m sure they have a fair few seasons on lock as part of their plan and strategies. Anthony would have his approvals and plans himself so once you start it really is guns blazing for the next month or so. Especially when you have someone like Betak doing the seta but also SebastiAn doing the sound. Approvals and permits for the show locations would also be done well in advance to notify the government and public (despite the partnership). All that’s left is the clothes, and finalising the look (hair and MU) but I’m sure that’s also locked in for the most part for the sake of these teams knowing what show needs what products, tools and accoutrements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanelIsDead
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->