Sarouels

F

fashionologie

So I've been in Barcelona and Paris in the past week and noticed a lot of girls running around wearing pants that were baggy, and had a very long crotch, at least down to mid thigh, and then were fitted and cut off at around below the knee to mid-calf range. I haven't really seen anything like it in the States, but I was wondering what they are called and where I might find them?

Thanks so much.
:flower:

Not sure of the english term but in french it would be called 'sarouel' style pant--inspired by the north african garment. I like this silhouette a lot...I have one by Isabel Marant. Hth

There must be more recent examples but this is what I could find quickly--from McQueen:

100084836.jpg

source: style.com

Is this the pant you mean fashionologie? (you can find them in more/ or less
exaggerated baggy shapes...)

*edit: I hope this shows-up as I'm having trouble posting...

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, those are the type of pants i'm talking about. :woot:

sorry, i would've taken pictures of these people i saw, but didn't want to seem paparrazzi-ish. n9rdream, can you post a pic of yours? does anyone have anymore pictures? and does anyone know the english term for this silhouette?

thanks again, all

:flower:

:heart: that McQueen pic. If you reeeally know what you're doing, this can be a cool look.

Last edited by a moderator:
AlexN said:
:heart: that McQueen pic. If you reeeally know what you're doing, this can be a cool look.

You're totally right. That McQueen pic is great! You really would have to know what you're doing to pull it off. Unfortunately, I don't think that person would be me. Anyway, I think it would make my bum look big :lol:

Fashion Puss said:
Is it only me who thinks of these as MC Hammer pants? :lol:

hahaha im with ya on this one, it just makes me think, "ITS HAMMER TIME whoooooooooah whooooooah whooooooooooooah oh oh"

:rolleyes:

McGovLau said:
hahaha im with ya on this one, it just makes me think, "ITS HAMMER TIME whoooooooooah whooooooah whooooooooooooah oh oh"

:rolleyes:

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Well at least they look...comfortable.

haha, yeah, i own a pair of these pants because i thought they looked so ridiculous. plus it was a few years ago when one didn't see them around as much and they were only $8 by levi's red. and yes, images of mc hammer definitely come into my head. evxa, they are pretty comfortable, but i hardly ever where them because i get a bit self conscious. despite being self conscious, i did get complements at the time. i would like to wear them more as they are actually really nice denim. i suppose i've worn a lot more outrageous clothes than these pants too (on purpose, of course)... :ninja:

This reminds me of the gaucho pants trend. Not that the silouettes are alike, but just b/c of how different they are. When I first saw gauchos, I thought they were absolutely hideous but they looked really comfy. So I tried them on out of curiousity and it was like wearing pajamas. So now I own those "hideous" pants. I still think they look weird but it's like if you can get away with wearing pajamas in public go for it. I think that's what these pants are like. I don't really think they look that nice, but they look really comfortable and they might rub off on me. I dunno, I think it would be too easy to wear them wrong. Good luck though, I'm sure you have a lot more style than I do.

I really like the Alexander McQueen pic, I love styles of trousers which defy the usual styles. They would look really good if done 'right'.

I just found this one in Hana's thread. I don't really know for sure but it looks like the words in the back say "SportMax"?
hanasportmax000395qm.jpg

related styling

Attachments

• ym012955c_07.jpg
    ym012955c_07.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 27
  • ym012660_23-th.jpg
    ym012660_23-th.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,393
  • ym013231a_05-th.jpg
    ym013231a_05-th.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,389
  • ym013231a_04-th.jpg
    ym013231a_04-th.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,388
I think they're quite unflattering for most body types......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neoboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->