Sarouels

I like them, and it's true that a lot of girls are wearing them here, in Barcelona, some people wore them last summer too, but more now. Most people wear these trousers in a hippy or ethnic way, with Indian sandals or Moroccan flats and wodden jewellery.
They look cool and I like it when I see them on someone, but I can't wear it, I think they don't fit me, and they aren't really my style.

I was travelling around denmark and sweden last summer and I saw a lot of these pants.. I think Fornarina made them a coupple of years ago

emi25 said:
theese pants are so comfortable, I wear a purple pair today, from Zara, they are a bit funny, there are actually no "legs" on the pants.., and are a bit shorter than the ones in the pics..

I think I saw them in a Zara window some time ago

I really like them. I think if you don't know how to wear them it would look ridiculous but if you can put it together well it will look hot. I also agree with the skinny-only comment above though - definitely don't think these are for all body types

I think this is a discrimanatory trend, it doesnt looks good any everyone... just a few people...

Plastic'sWife said:
I think this is a discrimanatory trend, it doesnt looks good any everyone... just a few people...

most trends are, really - such is the nature of fashion. but that said, I think these types of trousers are particularly discriminatory... :lol: it's not just body type though that will dictate whether these 'work' or not...it has to do with how it is styled, the individual cut of the trousers, etc.

I don't know about the rest of the world - but these pants were big in Toronto in the late 80s to skateboarders (and wannabes!) (and skateboarding was big then too!).

We would buy super huge jeans or workmans pants and crop and re-work to basically look like the pants in these pictures...
Worn with converse, logo t's -- too cool!!!

urbanite said:
...We would buy super huge jeans or workmans pants and crop and re-work to basically look like the pants in these pictures...
Worn with converse, logo t's -- too cool!!!
that's what i do, i have pairs of big jeans and men's dress pants, reworked at legs and crotch.:flower:

i saw a plump girl wearing in the city the 'hippy-thin cotton' version yesterday

sorry but it was a :sick: sight

I just got home from Italy and I could not resist buying a pair in Florence..I saw them on a few people and they looked really good

Belnciaga has a lot of them...from wool to light silk...they r soo comffyyy..dont think they flatter me but i still wear'em

i think they are ok on tall, medium-to-very thin girls but if they look very weird on those with the slightly full figure..

thanks to maarit for the courage, i wore mine last week. i am only medium height/medium build though (5'6") and i thought i could pull them off. i do have to cuff them though. :doh:

O it's already outdated in Hong Kong. few months ago every teens were wearing these kinds of pants. A tread from Japan. :smile:

lenfant_sauvage said:
O it's already outdated in Hong Kong. few months ago every teens were wearing these kinds of pants. A tread from Japan. :smile:

spot on observation. :wink:

^i have a sonia rykiel pair somewhat like that, from ages ago, except they're not tight at the calfs. i like them with wide legs better.

Kimkhuu said:
I think they're quite unflattering for most body types......

Couldnt agree more ! You would need to be incredibily leggy and slender to carry them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->