Scarves worn at the Beach

Reaction score
Nicole Richie and friend wearing a scarve at the beach, with their bikinis. I have noticed it around. I don't know how this can even become a trend; abnormal tanning, lol... But it probably will so here...

nr052906021nc.jpg

hmm.. i think it kind of looks cute although i don't understand why would you wear a scarf to the beach. but still i think it adds sophistication to the bikini 'outfit' and looks cute on nicole ^_^

(excuse me, I forgot to credit)
Picture from www.socialiteslife.com

Nicely put Adi. It is cute. But I don't know... sometimes, it just doesn't seem right. Last summer, everyone here wore scarves with shorts and a t-shirt. It was cute but eventually the trend was exploited so much that it became irritating.

can't find a better example but i think it's the same as with ugg-boots. in the summer you just don't wear them (well you never wear them but anyways..). but scarves are considered as accessories and not just something that prevents you getting cold, so in way i can understand why nicole and her friend are wearing scarves. i use scarves during the summer as an accessorie but then again if it's sunny and warm, the scarf just starts irritate me :P

Hehe! Yeah, I know what you mean. I tried wearing UGG boats when the weather wasn't too cold.. But I couldn't take it. Lol. Here in Athens, especially, it is just far too hot.

Why? I don't get it. Its just somthing else to blow away in the wind, get sandy or lost at sea.

i think it is unnecessary
they just do it to look cooler:innocent:

I don't like it.. it looks like they're trying too hard
it's like wearing sunglasses inside

what a dumb idead

now i could make a comment about why they had to wear scarves while in bikinis in 100 degree weather, but that sort of thing is not allowed here

That wouldn't be back.. but only as a trend.

I don't know.. I think scarves = winter (or cool weather)

They just look funny...well it is so pointless...:innocent:

If they're sort of gauzey, light pashmina type things, then wrapping one around like a shawl on the beach is not such a bad idea. Especially if you're by a windy coast. I'd definitely need something to wrap myself with on British beaches!

When I first saw that picture it looked like her shirt...because I think she was wearing a shirt before she took it off or something. Anyway, why would someone wear a scarf at the beach? How funny...

She probably just forgot to take it off. Either that or she's hiding her clavicals from the media.

am I the only one who likes it? But then again, I love scarves, no matter the weather, and I don't really care about getting a tan or not :blush:

i've noticed this trend here as well, but not with swimwear.. the other time i was in an art opening and saw a well known actress wearing jeans, a very thin blouse with straps and having a real long scarf around her neck, it was too hot to wear this but somehow she looked cute doing this style.. i even congratulated her on the look, it looked out of place but in a stylish way

^I've also seen that look on a lot of celebrities in LA.. you see them wearing a tanktop and a scarf around their necks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonwreath
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->