Shorts

I love the cut of Johnson shorts. They are really flattering. But I also agree that for a pair of shorts they are rediculously expensive. For that price you can just as well get a great pair of premium jeans. I would wait until they go on sale or try to get a pair off ebay.

Velony said:
I love the cut of Johnson shorts. They are really flattering. But I also agree that for a pair of shorts they are rediculously expensive. For that price you can just as well get a great pair of premium jeans. I would wait until they go on sale or try to get a pair off ebay.

see that's what i did a while ago.. iam in the UK so its way more expensive here. i got one off ebay for a $150 (around) but because there's import tax in the UK i had to pay 30 pounds more.. plus shipping as well.. so it wasn't all that cheap. :(

iam on holiday now and i saw one on sale for aournd $120 US. shall i get it? its still quite expensive for a pair of shorts but i need a smaller size!
helppp

I think you should get it if you are considering to buy another pair. I don't think they will be marked down much more. I saw a couple of shorts on sale at Barneys lately and they were still over $120.

oh i love those johnson shorts. i've been lemming for them since i saw them on revolveclothing.com
but anyway, its way too expensive for a pair of shorts, for me.

a few posts before, there was a discussion on bubble shorts - can anyone tell me how that is defined? last weekend i got myself a pair of "bubble" looking shorts. they had gathers and a banded hem instead of cuffs.
are these bubble shorts?
anyway, i got these for US$43. not too bad for linen. only prob is i have to dryclean it. :P
8a1.jpg

here's a pix.

Great outfit! I wouldn't consider those shorts bubble shorts though.

I'm now living in Melbourne, Australia. What I love is that now is the middle of winter, but the girls are still in shorts. A popular look: short shorts, thick black tights with cute moccasains or flats and a bib fronted shirt. Cute! I Love it here! :heart: I will never get tired of being able to wear shorts in winter time!

voodoo_mary said:
oh i love those johnson shorts. i've been lemming for them since i saw them on revolveclothing.com
but anyway, its way too expensive for a pair of shorts, for me.

a few posts before, there was a discussion on bubble shorts - can anyone tell me how that is defined? last weekend i got myself a pair of "bubble" looking shorts. they had gathers and a banded hem instead of cuffs.
are these bubble shorts?
anyway, i got these for US$43. not too bad for linen. only prob is i have to dryclean it. :P

here's a pix.

Wow, you look fantastic in that outfit! The shorts are adorable, but not quite what would be considered 'bubble.' Check back a ways in this thread, there was someone wondering if her bubble shorts made her look like she was wearing a diaper. Those were definitely bubble shorts, while very cute, there was something a tad diaperish about them. :huh:

voodoo_mary said:
*please see tfs guidelines - quoting of photos*

here's a pix.

ohh~ i :heart: this outfit
so cute, voodoo_mary:heart::flower::heart:

i thought the shorts trend has been there for a while..
but still..i rarelly see people dress in those cute shorts here on the street.
but again, this place isnt a good place to look for trendy looks:(,
usually it takes a year for ppl here to pick up the trend

Last edited by a moderator:
those are not bubble shorts. i have similarly cut shorts, very kate moss like. but no where near bubble even though they sort of are roundish.. hard to explain

Velony said:
I think you should get it if you are considering to buy another pair. I don't think they will be marked down much more. I saw a couple of shorts on sale at Barneys lately and they were still over $120.

----

Johnson shorts were marked down at Barneys? How much were they on sale for? :flower:

When I went there (but that was already two or more weeks ago) they were marked down to around $120 from over $200. Maybe they have been marked down again by now.

I bought a black pair some weeks ago at H&M for very little money. They're so comfortable!

Velony said:
When I went there (but that was already two or more weeks ago) they were marked down to around $120 from over $200. Maybe they have been marked down again by now.

-----

Ahhh! Thanks so much for the info :flower: And this was at Barneys NY and not Co-Op, right?

Velony said:
i bought another pair of johnsons.. red ones this time.. couldn't resist :P

hey

a suggestion for johnson shorts fans - buy some shorts from forever 21 in a tweed fabric (they have several) and change the cheap plastic buttons to italian woven leather buttons or sparkly diamante buttons. that's what i did and 'tho the buttons cost as much as the shorts :P they make all the difference and are still a lot cheaper than the johnson ones...

great button shops in london: the button queen or nyc: m&j trimming

^ I guess so. They were always being worn -- just now they became a "trend".

I'm wearing my mum's white demin shorts that she bought 12 years ago in France. :P

I agree. I think they (the trend) come and go which does not mean that you can't always wear them. Mine have become kind of a staple in my wardrobe.

I'm wearing my short (from Zara) with a blazer right now, and flats, and i love the feeling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->