Scott Schuman (The Sartorialist) and Garance Dore

He always sounds so bitter. And if Bill Cunningham doesn't want to do a book, he's not going to do a book. That is all. (We also have a great documentary to remember him by. And maybe he isn't so concerned about making sure everyone remembers him; maybe he just likes his job.)

He always sounds so bitter. And if Bill Cunningham doesn't want to do a book, he's not going to do a book. That is all. (We also have a great documentary to remember him by. And maybe he isn't so concerned about making sure everyone remembers him; maybe he just likes his job.)

And therein seems to lie the difference beween Scott and Bill. I watched Bill Cunningham New York last night, and there was just such joy he took in capturing these slightly off-kilter looks that point to a moment in cultural history; there's a reason why he's been awarded and lauded.

I'm not sure why Scott feels that Bill is obligated to do a book, either. As you say, TianSoFine, we'll always have this wonderful documentary to remember him by anyway.

^ Because Scott has done two books so of course why wouldn't Bill be compelled to do a book too :rolleyes:.

I don't find his comments re. SA particularly offensive. I think I understand what he's trying to say.

However, his comments about Bill are very passive aggressive. Which I think we all know by now is typical Scott.

They've broken up.

After seven wonderful years, Garance and I have decided to split.

We’ve shared so much of our creative life (and more) with you, our readers, that we thought it was right to let you know.

Our mutual respect and admiration for each other have left us still great friends.

Our time together profoundly changed both of our lives for the better and I deeply thank her for that experience.

It’s a difficult time but we are both doing ok.

I will close comments for this post if you don’t mind.
The Sartorialist

^ Nope!

Not too surprising. People who are truly in love don't need to flaunt it to the hilt on the internet.

The only reason I liked them both togethe, is because they are both obnoxious and I wouldn't wish either of them on anyone else.

^ Couldn't agree more!

I'm laughing my way out of this thread :lol:

I like the statement, one of the best I've seen.

Sometimes relationships do run their course ... I wish them both the best.

Younger is easier to control. We all know he controlled Garance's food and weight

she looks like a teenager

He gave some interview where he discussed taking food away from her hand, and on her site she would comment about Scott wanting her to lose weight. Lucky Jenny.

He broke up with Jenny

WHAT. Scott does appear to have a 'type' though, I remember seeing his daughter's insta stories a few years ago (linked from his account) where she posted an old photograph of her mother... it's not an exaggeration to say Jenny looks like a 2 decades younger edition of Scott's first ex-wife.

Anyway, all the best to Jenny, I hope she'll be happy. I see she's staying in Milan, good for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->