Short hair

thanks Gasoline!

Inaya i cant see the second pic but in the first one you look gorgeous!!! :heart:

ahh i didn't really get the imbruglia cut... i was too afraid... my hairdresser didn't have time so i went to another one...the guy scared me a bit (ed hardy t-shirt, mystic tan,...) :innocent:
so now my hair looks like this (again..only a little bit shorter:(

Bild001.jpg

i guess the next haircut will be the imbruglia one, but only with myyy hairdresser!
what do you all think?

^I like the cut, I think it suits your face shape very well - but a bit shorter (Imbruglia like) would look gorgeous as well, Im sure ^_^ Youre very very pretty btw :flower:

Black coffee and Inaya - Congrats on both your cuts. And good luck getting what you really want next time blackcoffee. I know how it can be scary to go to someone you aren't used to especially, for a big change. P.s. both of you are so pretty! We have such good looking members on tFS!

I have had variations of short hair (from super-tightly cropped pixie to Sienna millerish 2006 bob) since about April 2006. I love how easy and cute and effortless and flattering short hair is. But I cut it because I was bored with having long hair forever and now I think I might be ready to grow it again after 3 years of short. I want to start with bob-length for a while, see if I can get it past my chin. I really like Freja's and Anja's styles and might try to imitate them for a while before going longer. Anyway, so does anyone have any tips for growing out hair? It's just so frustrating and I hate when the back gets long. I guess you just stick it out but I dunno, any advice for dealing with the awkward stages that make you want to cut it again?

looks so pretty, blackcoffee :winkiss: you're so pretty as well :D

blackcoffee - Such a great haircut, it compliments your beautiful face. I love it! :smile:

It's just so frustrating and I hate when the back gets long. I guess you just stick it out but I dunno, any advice for dealing with the awkward stages that make you want to cut it again?

The irony is that you have to get a haircut way more often if you're growing out a boyish cut, otherwise it looks terrible. The even deeper irony is that (providing you have a good stylist) your hair will seem longer with frequent haircuts than if you don't cut it for a long time.

The best strategy is to keep the back shortish for the first few months while you grow the front layers out; this prevents the grow-out phase from looking sloppy. If you grow out the back at the same time, it will result in a reverse A-line bob, which does not flatter most girls. Aim towards the idea of a classic A-line pageboy, or a Meg Ryan shag.

When you reach chin-length hair in the front and growing out the back is unavoidable, hair accessories become your best friend. One option is not to fight the messiness and play it up. Style the back layers outwards haphazardly and smooth the front back with a hairband; very anime-inspired.

Or tame your hair with a modified updo. Twist sections of hair and secure them with as many bobby pins as it takes to not have random streaks jutting out. It's still messy, but in an effortless, messy chignon sort of way. If you think it looks too severe, a pretty barrette near the hairline or headband will soften the look.

I personally love those low baby pigtails on short-haired girls that only capture a smidgen of hair, and shorter layers fall out, but it may be too saccharine for some. I suggest never wearing a baby ponytail, I've never seen it look good.

If all goes well, eventually the back will be long enough for you to cut it into an even bob, and bobs are much easier to grow out.:flower:

oh god I just haddd to get a haircut... wish I'd waited.. but my current haircut is a lot like Inaya's with a long piece on one side only. My friend thinks I looks rock chic :lol: not bad

I would love to take the plunge and chop off all my hair but I really don't think I could pull it off. I think to pull off anything shorter than a bob you have to have strongly feminine features.

^Women with androgynous and/or strong features can also look wonderful with really short hair; think of Erin O'Connor or Tina Chow. Then again, some women with classically feminine features don't look good with short hair, such as Liv Tyler a while back. There are so many factors involved other than your facial features, like body build, size and shape of head/face, hair texture, ears, and overall proportions.

Stylists say there is a short cut for everyone, but then again, the same thing is said of red lipstick, and I'm not fully convinced that's true. But if it's something you'd love to try, there are a lot of virtual makeover programs that allow you to see how you might look.

Thank you GasolineRainbow for your advice!:flower:karma heading your way!

I prefer my own hair long, but short can look really good on some people. You just need the right face and personality to pull it off. I have neither.
Then again it depends on how short is short to you. Around shoulder length, I I think I can pull off. Much shorter... I think my chin is too pointy.

I submit evidence :lol: (Right now my hair is um... bra band length, lol.)
I apologize for my apparent egotism.

Ignore that I'm maybe two years old here. I think the hair is adorable.

This is the only time I've ever liked my hair short. Flippy!
b263ae3d.jpg

LMAO. Around the same time. I don't remember how I achieved this ...look.

I'm not sure I like this or not. I know I did not want toddler bangs.

I actually like the shoulder length and wavy look. I've had several people compare me to Lisa Marie Presley here. Um.. okay?

My "I watch too much CSI" look. :D

Worst. Haircut. Ever. Tenth grade, c. 1998. :lol:
4afd0810.jpg

I think that's plenty for now.

I saw pictures of Kristin Kreuk recently and just had to share... just look at her hair! It's not the greatest short hair cut in the world, and it might have been cut a little better, but I think short hair really suits her.

1444r44.jpg

v7qm9j.jpg

(celebutopia)

im growing my hair atm.. does any one have any ideas or pics for inbetween styles ?? tia

^ Maybe smth like these ?

source: celebutopia, flickr, myspace

I really like Charlize Theron's hair here. I think I want to attempt curling my hair like this for an event... hmm.
charlize-theron-wavy-hair1.jpg

hairstyle-haircuts.net

Okay, this one is more like shoulder-length but I think it's still appropriate for the short hair thread, right? :D
lindsay-price.jpg

hairfinder.com

Kristin's hair doesn't look finished to me, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I kind of think that since she made the decision to chop off all her hair, she might as well have gotten a super stylish and rockin' hairstyle that could set off a new trend like the "posh bob" or whatever. Whoever cut her hair could have done better. It looks like they were trying to making it rockin' but failed miserably. Still, she looks good with short hair.

snowqueen: You could always try playing with bobby pins and head bands (the skinny ones are especially cute). Experiment with curls and waves. Pull away sections of hair with tiny clips like so:

Suzanne%20Shaw.jpg

hairstyleswatch.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->