Short hair

^Women with androgynous and/or strong features can also look wonderful with really short hair; think of Erin O'Connor or Tina Chow. Then again, some women with classically feminine features don't look good with short hair, such as Liv Tyler a while back. There are so many factors involved other than your facial features, like body build, size and shape of head/face, hair texture, ears, and overall proportions.

Stylists say there is a short cut for everyone, but then again, the same thing is said of red lipstick, and I'm not fully convinced that's true. But if it's something you'd love to try, there are a lot of virtual makeover programs that allow you to see how you might look.

I think Liv looked lovely with the short hair she had in the movie Cookies Fortune... the grow out period however wasnt so nice. Maybe it was the times but I dont think she looked good in the grow out hair styles she chose.

^She's so beautiful, she would have to go to great lengths to look bad (pun intended). But the short cut brought out what is perhaps her only notable flaw: a rather long face. She is also tall and curvy, so in some full-body shots, the cropped hair underwhelmed the proportion of her head to her body. That's what I mean about all the different things you have to take into account, even if your face is perfect for short hair.

snowqueen: You could always try playing with bobby pins and head bands (the skinny ones are especially cute). Experiment with curls and waves. Pull away sections of hair with tiny clips like so:

thanks thats what ive been doing my hairs a bit too short to do anything fancy with clips etc. atm but it should grow a bit and then i can play ... got a lot of growing before it gets as long as the pic haha xx

I just recently took the plunge with a pixie and loooove it! I recommend to everyone finding a hairdresser you trust. Every month when I get mine touched up I just tell her to do whatever. Each month is a new style to have fun with. Find a hair dresser that has a hair cut you love (short if that's what you want) I find that these people know best how to suite something to your face instead of just putting some starlets haircut on your head.

Im thinking about going for something similar to what I had in the early 90's which was basically old school Halle Berry (a la... Strictly Business/Boomerang/The Last Boy Scout).

hans - congrats! and good point on how much fun it is to have the freedom of changing up the style so frequently.. it's def a big plus of having short hair ^_^

plus it dries almost immediately. no blow drying. as my hair grows out, im resisting urges to cut bangs again and go shorter out of convienance

my pixie cut (once a shaved head) is growing out now and i'm finding it so hard..:mellow: i'm trying hard to leave it alone but i keep attacking it with the scissors every now & then..:lol: i don't want to go to a hairdresser.. i just moved across the world and hate trying to find someone new who i trust. i'm just trying to get through this stage....into the bob stage i guess...but my god, it's difficult!.
and my hair is curly which makes it worse... i miss my pixie cut already. :P i either want really short or really long.....i hate in between :rolleyes:

i'm hoping it turns into this soon...i just need the top and front to grow a bit longer i think..
http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2966886122348louf1.jpg

does anyone have a pic of freja's hair like this from the back?

^
j7688g.jpg

nezt4p.jpg

Hope these help :flower: (Source)

Anyway, I'm trying to resist getting my hair cut short again. In 2006 I took a picture of Keira Knightley from her movie Domino to my stylist, asked for an identical cut, and he made my hair perfect. It was the first time I cut my hair above my shoulders, and I adored it. But maintaining the style was painful, since my hair is curly and the cut was looked best for straight hair. I spent many hours straightening and styling it every morning, and because the longest bits of hair were on my forehead/around my temples, the use of hair product had given me acne.

Right now I'm torn between getting my hair cut, in the same -- or similar -- style, or letting is grow out (my hair is about above/at my boobs). Letting it grow out is making me impatient, because its seems like my hair grows so slowly. I prefer short hair, and I want to get it cut... then again.:unsure:

perfect!, thanks 23 seconds. that's pretty much the length i'm at.. just the front of mine is a bit shorter. i find it fairly difficult to style...it has good days and bad days but it is far from consistent. i'm wondering what the next step is.. i will have to have a look at freja's thread and try to trace her hairstyles..:lol: maybe it will give me some ideas..

for now i have dyed it a dark reddish brown which has helped.. even if the cut isn't different it feels different. :heart:

Added her blog to my favs hee hee. She has great style & her hair is adorable... great choice. Im going to go a little longer at first then I think I might go with that style. I just dont want to go into shock going from shoulder length & all lol.

Sorry for the double post but I need help. Im thinking now about going with the short cut Audrey Tautou had a couple years ago... its kind of tossled/wavy/curly. I have natural wavy/curls in my hair but could someone please time me how I would style it like she did? What styling products I would use if any. I dont really like to use them much so I have no clue. Thanks.

After seeing Jean Seberg in "A bout de souffle" I directly called my hairdresser and was like "I want short hair again!.... now!"
I went from shoulderlenght to boyish short cirka two years ago and loved it for as long as it lasted - but when I moved to Paris I didn't dare find a new hairdresser, let alone try to explain in french which cut I wanted.
Well, since then I just let it grow back and yesterday it was around shoulderlenght again, dyed red, then blond, then red again - then (big mistake) with henna.
Before going to get the cut, my sister who has great hair - was like, "Oh... I'm sure Palma is going to hair-shame you!". Palma is my hairdresser and man did she hair-shame me - I'm sure she was delighted I let her chop it all off!
Anyway - Though Jean Seberg was my initial inpiration I wanted something a little more "ruffled" and with the posibility of a fringe - so I ended up getting Kate Moss' short dark crop.

Oh. and by the way. I'll never have long hair again. A pixie cut beats a pony tail any day.

Bisous

You look amazing :woot: !! Seriously, it suits you face so well, and it looks even more adorable when you smile :flower:
___
Im also back on track with the long-hair/short-hair discussion, I had it cut last time in september or smth and my actual plan since then was to let it grow out (because some indecisive modeling agent told me so :rolleyes:) but when looking at all the gorge cuts in here and elsewhere, its just exactly the same dilema as about one and half year ago.... cut or not :lol::rolleyes: ?

my pixie cut (once a shaved head) is growing out now and i'm finding it so hard..:mellow: i'm trying hard to leave it alone but i keep attacking it with the scissors every now & then..:lol: i don't want to go to a hairdresser.. i just moved across the world and hate trying to find someone new who i trust. i'm just trying to get through this stage....into the bob stage i guess...but my god, it's difficult!.
and my hair is curly which makes it worse... i miss my pixie cut already. :P i either want really short or really long.....i hate in between :rolleyes:

i'm hoping it turns into this soon...i just need the top and front to grow a bit longer i think..
http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2966886122348louf1.jpg

does anyone have a pic of freja's hair like this from the back?
i could hug you. i feel the same way. i have mine at a jaw length bob and it's pure hell. i cheated though:innocent: went in the other day and snipped a bit...:lol:

alba the cut looks amazing on you!! :nuts: i have always loved kate with that cut in the first pic. i thought about going for the 'domino' do too...longer in the front, shorter in teh back....i just hate mine so much right now!!

Alba, you are gorgeous! You would remind me of Jean Seberg if you cut your hair a little shorter and dyed it blonder. I wish I could pull off a short cut.

im trying to grow out my short hair but realising how long it takes for hair to grow its still gona be short 6 months down the line

anyone whos growing out or has endured growing out short hair how do you get past that 'my hair is ugly and fluffy stage'?

i cant even cut it into a different style or clip it back! im afraid i might cave and cut it short again:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->