Short hair

i have a freja-like-haircut. and i hate it on myself.. i thought it could be so cute, went to my hairdresser and came out and started crying?! bad thing -.-

im trying to grow out my short hair but realising how long it takes for hair to grow its still gona be short 6 months down the line

anyone whos growing out or has endured growing out short hair how do you get past that 'my hair is ugly and fluffy stage'?

i cant even cut it into a different style or clip it back! im afraid i might cave and cut it short again:ninja:

What I found has helped me while growing out mine (had a short bob and now it's almost armpit length) was to get it layered/razored. It helped my hair have movement and it also helped it from looking like that gross middle stage hair that doesn't cooperate.

I really am thinking of cutting my hair like how Michelle Williams had it but I am not sure it will work on me. I have a round face and wonder if it will look good on me. Any advise?
michelle.jpg

Bellasugar.com

^Thats cute! I'd say that it may depend more on your hair texture... thin would seem to be better than thick, for example. My thick hair would probably fluff out in a cut like that :(

So, just when my hair was getting long-ish again I chopped off a few inches, and now it's just under shoulder length. I couldn't find a thread for medium length hair, so I suppose it's okay if I post here?

I really like how my ends look when my hair is short-ish, and I also cut some nice layers, but I'm having trouble finding creative hairstyle ideas.. especially for the days where I don't want to style it with a blowdryer/straightening iron. When my hair was much longer, I used to either put small braids throughout, pull pieces back for a half-up look (which I can still do), or just braid my hair the night before and have it wavy the next day. Any creative ideas for something kind of loose and laid-back at this awkward length? You could direct me to some photos if you have any ideas!! Thanks :smile:

I couldn't find a thread for medium length hair, so I suppose it's okay if I post here?

Good idea for a thread, it would help me too. Medium-length hair usually gets lumped in with short hair.:wink:
What Category?
[SIZE=-1]What one person perceives as 'medium length hairstyles' varies greatly with another person. Our breakdown is as follows:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]VERY SHORT HAIRSTYLES: The weight line of the hairstyles is at or above the ear line.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SHORT HAIRSTYLES: The cut line of the hairstyles is between the ear and the jaw line.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]MEDIUM HAIRSTYLES: The weight line of the hairstyles is between the jaw and the shoulder.[/SIZE]

hair-styles.org

Florecita, Michelle Williams has a round face too. I would agree with Haute Femme that the success of the haircut would depend more on your hair's texture.

What I found has helped me while growing out mine (had a short bob and now it's almost armpit length) was to get it layered/razored. It helped my hair have movement and it also helped it from looking like that gross middle stage hair that doesn't cooperate.

thats the problem i wouldnt mind growing out a bob but my hair is cropped it will take the best part of a year to even get to a bob:lol:

Im trying to decide now between Audrey Tautou's cut (which I dont quite get because it looks like she has short short bangs only one side... if anyone gets her cut let me know lol) I think its adorable. OR Fo on America's Next Top Model.
Right now my hair is in a shoulder length bob so Im thinking it might be best (to minimize shock) to cut like Audrey's first since its longer then go for Fo length later for summer.

^Thats cute! I'd say that it may depend more on your hair texture... thin would seem to be better than thick, for example. My thick hair would probably fluff out in a cut like that :(
Ah, okay, that makes sense. My hair is thin with a little bit of a wave to it so I am hopeing if I do end up cutting my hair like that it won't be a big fluff bob. Thanks:flower:

I'm gonna get my hair cut like Audrey Tautou. The only thing is that I'm kinda of scared cause since I'm black my hair texture is not the same as Audrey's. But you have to take risks right? ;-)

credits : audrey-tautou.org

Last edited by a moderator:
i love audreys hair-cut :woot: i would totally go for it (if i were you, because on myself short hair looks horrible...)

Its such a groegous cut, good luck with iut, and let us know how it turns out ! :flower:

Thanks haute femme and GasolineRainbow:flower: I am still unsure but if I do get a hair-cut, it will most likely be like Michelle's and I will post pictures to show how it comes out on me^_^ Thanks a bunch!

i find it so hard to have short hair(for me). i think they only look good for tall-ish people or people with long necks. I have short neck and chubby squarish face(i blame the cheeks!) but i'm so in love with this style :(

Im FOR SURE cutting my hair like Audrey Tautou's! I seem to have the same hair texture... thickness/waves/curls & Ive been admiring it for awhile & have been obsessively wanting a pixie cut too so have just decided to go for it. I have to wait until after June 12th though because I have a dance performance & have to wear my hair a certain way but after that SNIP SNIP!! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
hey everyone! i just spent a few hours lurking this thread, loving the short styles you all look lovely! :flower:
i'm thinking of chopping of all my hair, any suggestions? here's what it looks like now..
myhairnow.jpg

i'm thinking of something like these:

070607_blanchett_400X400.jpg
082307_holmesb_400X400.jpg
2966886122348louf1.jpg
rr72heul9.jpg
shannon-sossamon.jpg
winona_ryder_hair_styles_bangs.jpg

my hair is pretty thick and coarse, and wavy, but its usually a bit easier to deal with when its shorter!
i'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks :blush:

image credits: earlier in this thread, instyle.com

^ I agree. I say go for it!

I'm cutting my hair short again. Not that short but probably to my shoulders. I did it last summer and I loved it. But I've kind of been in a hair rut since the winter. I got side bangs which are just too high maintenance for me so I've been waiting for those to grow out. And I look at pictures of when I had super long hair and I begin to miss it. However my hair is at that super awkward stage right now (not short but not long) and its time to make a decision to stick it out or chop it off.

I also love the second but (and you are gorgeous as well btw :wink: ), but I think it requires a hell lot of styling, so the second last might be an option as well if you're not into styling for hours in the morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->