Short hair

scarlettlover i loooove the haircut, not sure i can pull it off, my face is really round!
i just got my hair cut in a bob, but i think im gonna let it grow a lil bit... you can see the pic at the style my hair thread... comments appreciated

^Just keep in mind that with hot weather approaching, it's best to either get a cut that doesn't reach the nape of your neck, or else something long enough so that it can be pinned or tied up. Trust me, I learned this the hard way.

Kytila, lucky you if you're a Zoe Saldana lookalike, she's very pretty. I am too unfamiliar with the hair type that you described to offer suggestions. Is there anyone on here with coarse, curly hair who has experimented with short hair?

Still no luck lol... Just got a side fringe instead, well until comes up. xxx

Cut my hair today:

5e66_3.jpg

21BP28N4P21Bmk7E2428KGrHgoH-EYEjlLl.jpg

bfff251.jpg

I have very short hair which is bleached light blonde, with an undercut at the back/sides. I like it a lot better than long hair looked on me, but I'm kind of stuck as to what to do now.
I love Kate Lanphear's hairstyle, but am wondering it is has enough volume to balance out my narrow face shape. I need horizontal volume - going out to the sides, and a little bit at the top. Hard to explain, so I'll show pictures.
dembsw.jpg

from withasianstereotypes.
And here's my current style:
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs035.snc1/3271_65627698817_535123817_1540513_579280_n.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs015.snc1/2959_1141996265399_1092226849_420140_6778565_n.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs104.snc1/5032_89909483519_566443519_1992048_3777893_n.jpg

Does anyone have any favourite cuts that would look reasonable on me? PS the undercut thing has a love/hate reaction with most people, but I think it's gonna go soon, it's had its run.

I really like your undercut, I think it makes the classic bob shape you have fresh and edgy, especially when dressed up like Faris from the horrors! I think that Kate cut would suit you definitely, although from what I can make out, it's just a deep parting on a bleached white graduated bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, exactly. it's the simplicity that scares me! haha. i don't want it to make my head look too narrow. I'm quite paranoid about that. but i'm thinking i'll go for it.
but thankyou :smile: farris has a very defined style, i checked him out on google images. he'd make a good style icon.

^^Aww thats a great cut, really brave tho ^_^ :flower:

Im in Paris atm, and thinking about gettin my hair cut really short here. Ive done this before in London and it turned out really well but my french is not that good and you know, with french, if you pronounce just an ending wrongly, it can mean smth completely different :lol: :rolleyes:
But the thing is, when I got it cut in London (and in Germany afterwards), it always looked sort of really commercial with highlights in stuff, so I reckon the French/Parisian have a better understand of 'edgy', right ?
What advice would you give me, and do you perhaps even know a really, really good hairdresser here in Paris who is known for edgy cuts ? TIA :flower:

I have to be brutally honest with you cold sun,and please people don't think i'm being xenophobic or anything, but Paris is NOT the place to get anything edgy. Trust me, everything is very run of the mill there, cool and fashionable is very sparsely scattered, with fashion being more about expensive clothing, tanned skin and carrying a small dog. I've spent a ton of time in Collette and even there it wasn't that cool compared to london.

You want edgy, go to shoreditch and get your hair cut, you'll be guaranteed something that isn't mainstream. I hate shoreditch, but you can't deny that style lives there.

Phantasthma - Farris is pretty unfortunate looking, and the times I've met him he's been so quiet and polite and lovely, I think it's fantastic that he's gone full throttle with his look and made his gangly self look so suave. He's HUGE too, absolutely towering, I remember when he'd come in our dj booth and have to crouch down, and my boss is 6ft 5 and he doesn't have to!

I think you'll look beautiful with that cut. Don't forget, a graduated bob with layers plus product means you can build the volume out where you need it through styling. You've got an undercut and have enough volume, you'll definitely have it with this cut. One great product is FAT HAIR which you can get in superdrug, makes hair huge where you want it to be.

Either way, you've a beautiful face, you could pull of any style :smile:

I just cut my hair a month ago from bra length to chin length and colored it red! I've always had long black hair so this change is actually fun to play with.

BEFORE:
candicespictures014.jpg

AFTER:
me1-1.jpg

^that shorter hair looks so much better on you, sun goddess 01.
it frames your face nicely. you look so beautiful!

I just cut my hair three days ago:

Last edited by a moderator:
oh mindbear, you are too good to me! haha. kate lanphear looks amazing, but hell, she's KATE LANPHEAR. but still, i can't seem to sit still when it comes to hair.
i love that farris looks so scary but is such a sweetheart! he really pulls off his style, anyway, despite being 'unfortunate looking'. it sort of adds to it, anyway. if you tone down the goth a little, the horrors have really good styling. sharp tailoring and belt buckles, hell yeah!
is FAT HAIR by tigi bedhead? i live in australia so i might not have the same products there. but i will look into volumising products.
i can't believe you got to be in the same DJ booth as farris. feel my waves of envy.

honeyisle, you look really good with short hair! i like your cut. i'd love to see more of it pushed onto your face.

Phantasthma! this is the products I'm talking about, they're cheap as chips! http://www.samysalon.com/fathair/

I'm not sure they're available in australia though, they're the best, they make my hair HUGE!

Ha, it's not that special, Faris was just one of the kids that came to our club every week, I had no idea the horrors were going to do so well! I'm looking forward to seeing you looking like Kate Lanphear....don't be scared, you'll look ACE!

opinions

this is my hair now:

Picture3-6.png

it's starting to grow out. it was an asymmetrical hair cut like rihanna's. i want to let it grow out, but i'm also impatient, so i bought a wig to see what i'd look like with longer hair.

Photo2.jpg

which looks better. long or short?

You look cute with both, but I like the shorter look. You should go even shorter than that and look really fierce!

Just cut my hair in a pixie cut... from shoulder length so its a bit of a shock. I do like it but am just getting used to it... have been wearing a headband a la victoria beckham just cuz its easier & Im liking it more like that. Right after I got my hair cut I saw the movie Amelie & fell in love with that cut... Im now obsessed & wanting it to grow to that length. Crazy I know... I am enjoying it the way it is now so Im not going insane or overly upset or anything but just wondering... how long do you think itll take to grow that length from VB length... out of curiousity?

The growth will take about six months at least, so you'd best be patient!

Sidewalks - I prefer you with shorter hair tons, you look amazing with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddttss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->