Knee His And Over The Knee socks

in hong kong i stepped into a small boutique and they had these socks that were sng and small at the foot but from the ankle up it was all baggy and reached up to the middle of your thighs. you're supposed to wear them at your knee so it looks sort of like legwarmers. (it's legwarmers in the pic but that's what the socks looked like when you wore them.)

Attachments

• image8960.jpg
    image8960.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 99
interesting...
ot-i like that picture ...thx for posting it artemis... :flower: :heart:

all i remember about summer 03 is that i used to wear knee high footballsocks (they can be stretched over the knee) a lot. mostly with a mini and converse or gola boxing boots. i still think they look good

Originally posted by Artemis@Nov 17 2004, 06:50 PM
in hong kong i stepped into a small boutique and they had these socks that were sng and small at the foot but from the ankle up it was all baggy and reached up to the middle of your thighs. you're supposed to wear them at your knee so it looks sort of like legwarmers. (it's legwarmers in the pic but that's what the socks looked like when you wore them.)
[snapback]436652[/snapback]​

Yeah, they are called 'loose socks'. Those japanese schoolgirls are actually wearing loose socks when you see them wearing those very big scrunched legwarmers type deal.

oh thanks sassandviolet..i was wondering what they were called...
i think they can look really bad or realy cool depending on the girl and her style... :innocent:

i wear the strippy ones...over knee or knee-length
i wear them with high-heeled maryjane
in winter when there is not much snow

but my question is, why do my over-knee socks keep slipping off when i walk on the street? It's really annoying.

i wear it now and then, not that much anymore though. but i have some very cute multicolor striped ones and some brown patterned, like the ones softie posted in #38. and i only wear them with my flat boots. no flats or heels, not for me:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
attachment.php

I'm thinking about getting some check socks like these

wore them most of the time during winter vacations, over my opaque tights or just by themselves, they looks so cute -and feel so warm- with over the knee pleated or garthered skirts ..sticking with black knee mens socks till spring comes, they work too well with my cordless suede thin sole black trainers and those white sticked prada flats from last year :wink:

Lena said:
wore them most of the time during winter vacations, over my opaque tights or just by themselves, they looks so cute -and feel so warm- with over the knee pleated or garthered skirts ..sticking with black knee mens socks till spring comes, they work too well with my cordless suede thin sole black trainers and those white sticked prada flats from last year :wink:

oh I do like the way that sounds, especially with the pleated skirts and flat shoes. ^_^

I've been looking for the right pair of over the knee socks. my brother's girlfriend has some really cute black over the knee socks that she cut the toes (not the foot, just the toes) off of and she wears with ballet shoes and skirts...sort of like a legwarmer but it covers your feet more, and it's not slouchy... very cute and ultra cozy as well. :heart:

I do - but only under trousers so I guess it doesn't count :wink:

It's a pet peeve of mine when you catch a glimpse of skin between the sock and the trousers, you see.

I'm new here and...

...I wear knee-hi striped soccer socks and knee-hi wool socks with tennis shoes, my olive-and-orange work boots, and my kilts. I find that they provide a sense of symmetry (and keep my shins warm :D ).

Japanese schoolgirls can get away with a lot of things maybe not everybody should try. . . unless they are Betsy Johnson.

DW_Hamilton said:
Japanese schoolgirls can get away with a lot of things maybe not everybody should try. . . unless they are Betsy Johnson.

anyone can look better than Betsy Johnson, in my opinion :innocent:

Lopts of long socks/stockings going on at the marc by marc jacobs show
00080f.jpg

spacer.gif
00350f.jpg

00610f.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
I think it looks pretty cool here
spacer.gif

thx for the link snickerdoodles...
lizzielu...those pics show exactly the style that i have been seeing girls around town wear and have also been doing for awhile now myself...

thanks for those pics...i think they are great..!...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->