Solid & Striped Summer 2018 by Bjorn Iooss

zacatecas570

Reaction score

Ph: Bjorn Iooss
Style: Carine Roitfeld
Models: Lily Aldridge, Hailey Clauson, Jourdan Dunn, Hannah Ferguson, Isabeli Fontana, Toni Garrn, Jessica Hart, Elsa Hosk, Eniko Mihalik, Carolyn Murphy, Barbara Palvin, Natasha Poly and Josephine Skriver

Swimwear brand Solid & Striped is releasing a collaboration and accompanying campaign that’ll give Victoria’s Secret and Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue a run for their money. Solid & Striped enlisted 13 major models — Lily Aldridge, Hailey Clauson, Jourdan Dunn, Hannah Ferguson, Isabeli Fontana, Toni Garrn, Jessica Hart, Elsa Hosk, Eniko Mihalik, Carolyn Murphy, Barbara Palvin, Natasha Poly and Josephine Skriver — to design a suit for the collection. And model it, of course. Each model designed one silhouette in three colorsways. All 13 women appear in the campaign, which is being parlayed into a printed calendar, shot in Harbor Island in the Bahamas by Bjorn Iooss and styled by Carine Roitfeld.

After two collaborations with Poppy Delevingne and one with Staud, Solid & Striped founder Isaac Ross wanted to work on something group-oriented and liked the idea of assembling a swim team of sorts. “I wanted to work with women who had a perspective on bathing suits and had spent parts of their career modeling bathing suits and sort of reimagine the model/brand dynamic,” said Ross. “Usually we pay someone to model our bathing suits but I thought it would be interesting to have some of these women to create the perfect bathing suit for them.”

The styles range from a sporty high-necked one-piece by Eniko Mihalik to a strapless maillot with cut-out sides by Carolyn Murphy to a wrap string bikini by Josephine Skriver. One-pieces are $168 and bikinis are $176 ($88 top/$88 bottom). The collection launches Feb. 6. The calendar will be available at solidandstriped.com for $98.

wwd

Some of these swimsuits are hideous. Carolyn's for example, it looks super ill fitting.

Carolyn and Natasha complement each other very well!

Some of these swimsuits are hideous. Carolyn's for example, it looks super ill fitting.

Indeed! I have a thing for swimwear and i would not buy any of this. They do not even fit properly on models! A good campaign can sell me a lot of crap but this “Leonardo Di Caprio dream holiday” lookbook is simply not working on any level.

How much money does this company have? You look at their instagram and they seem to release a new campaign every other week with big models. Can't be cheap.

The models designed the swimsuits ...

Solid & Striped recruits major models for ‘Swim Team’ collaboration

Swimwear brand Solid & Striped is releasing a collaboration and accompanying campaign that'll give Victoria's Secret and Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue a run for their money.

Solid & Striped enlisted 13 major models — Lily Aldridge, Hailey Clauson, Jourdan Dunn, Hannah Ferguson, Isabeli Fontana, Toni Garrn, Jessica Hart, Elsa Hosk, Eniko Mihalik, Carolyn Murphy, Barbara Palvin, Natasha Poly and Josephine Skriver — to design a suit for the collection. And model it, of course.

Each model designed one silhouette in three colorsways. All 13 women appear in the campaign, which is being parlayed into a printed calendar, shot in Harbor Island in the Bahamas by Bjorn Iooss and styled by Carine Roitfeld.

After two collaborations with Poppy Delevingne and one with Staud, Solid & Striped founder Isaac Ross wanted to work on something group-oriented and liked the idea of assembling a swim team of sorts. "I wanted to work with women who had a perspective on bathing suits and had spent parts of their career modeling bathing suits and sort of reimagine the model/brand dynamic," said Ross. "Usually we pay someone to model our bathing suits but I thought it would be interesting to have some of these women to create the perfect bathing suit for them."

The styles range from a sporty high-necked one-piece by Eniko Mihalik to a strapless maillot with cut-out sides by Carolyn Murphy to a wrap string bikini by Josephine Skriver. One-pieces are $168 and bikinis are $176 ($88 top/$88 bottom). The collection launches Feb. 6. The calendar will be available at solidandstriped.com for $98.
latimes.com

How much money does this company have? You look at their instagram and they seem to release a new campaign every other week with big models. Can't be cheap.

For real!! I can't imagine how they could afford this.

Also, the lack of diversity is truly baffling. They cast 13 models and only one is of color?! Tokenism much. How has this not been made a bigger deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->