Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016

Agree. + Georgia Fowler, I thought she was excellent. Def future Angel candidate, IMO.

I know we're beating it to death, but Bella looked just as horrible in motion as she did in picture. I don't mean her looks, I mean she was just dead. Dead eyes, dead walk, I was completely shocked at how awful she was. Girls go into casting giving it their all, only to be rejected cause this thing got one of their spots, and she gives this dead performance?! are you kidding me?!

It was ok, I guess. I like the performers this year, just maybe 2 songs each is a bit much. I wish they'd just change it up. The last few years all kind of blend together. They need different kinds of segments and stage and overall theme. They all look so similar lately.

Also, if they're going to go somewhere other than NYC, I wish they'd do segments showing the models enjoying wherever they are. What's the point of using different locations if you're not really going to take advantage of the sights? Might as well just keep doing it in NYC. No difference in experience, really.

one thing I think was briefly mentioned was the editing. I would have to say, with three performers, models, and dancers, this years editing was extremely erratic. They barely focused on one scene for less than 3 seconds. The 2nd singing segment with Gaga with the dancers ( I don't even know the segment names or her songs) was about to give me epilepsy. Even a friend who isnt familiar with the show said he was getting a headache since they were cutting from shot to shot too quickly.

I dont think they have given the fantasy bra a single mention in the past years. 2008 Adriana herself got excluded from even a mention when she was on the runway and they showed a terrible pose from her. No one is safe! lol

Agree with most of the comments posted already. I thought the show overall exceeded my expectations. Musical performances were actually pretty good... A+ for Bruno Mars, A for The Weekend, B- or so for Lady Gaga (seriously can you just sing one of your old hits at this point?? Like Applause or Bad Romance.. or even perfect illusion...)

I was watching the show with people who don't really follow models and one of the comments one of my friends made was "Why is that girl so much better than the others??"... can you guess who they were talking about? Irina!!! She owned her moments. Unlike Bella (sorry to beat a dead horse) but girl!.. we get it you are shy and not as outgoing as your sister but fake it!! I would have settled even for an air kiss.. anything to show you are alive. Gigi did well.. Kendall was passable.

As for the actual angels.. repeat what everyone is saying about Jasmine and her losing her FB moment. So unfair. At least she looked lovely. Not the biggest Josephine fan but she killed her 24k moment with her little shimmy. Adriana is a gem as always.. don't know what VS will do when she leaves. Taylor is so beautiful but doesn't really shine the way Adriana or Alessandra do, ditto for Lais. Love Stella Maxwell and I think she gives a nice different vibe to the angels line-up but her opening 24k was kind of weak.. I think her energy is more suited towards dark angels.. or country romance (liked her moment with Gaga on the runway.. very well played). Elsa is gorgeous... stunning in print and motion. If Candace ever leaves I think Elsa can easily take over her blonde bombshell position. Romee, Sara, Martha, Lily.. I kind of forget.

I just watched the show. And I must say less is more. It's too many girls. 30 is good number. Most of outfits were really bed. They have to change stylists. They seems blind.

The Road Ahead Elsa opening was great (but still can't stand her wings). She has a lot of energy, charisma. Strong walk. I hate her outfit. I'm only worried about her face. Elsa looks different lately. Something with her face, lips.. Idk.

Maria was stunning. This girl has insane body and lovely smile. Hope VS keep her. I really like Cindy too, her legs are amazing. Liu, Ming and Lais were just nice. I'm not fan of Barbara F but she seems so cute. What a nice girl. Her walk was good.

Jas, Gigi, even Ale were forgottable. I hope not to see Kendull again. Her body is okay but her face is so average. And these lips. Awful.

Mountain Romance Jo opening was just okay. She seems really tired. Her eyes. She needs some rest, some sleep. Sanne Vloet doesn't fit VS. I hope it's her last show. Lily A should go. She ages so much. She looks like a mother of many girls.. Not a fan of Zuri too. Love Sui she's beautiful. And I'm so glad that Lily D gets the Swarovski wings again. She's stunning. Her walk is different but she belongs to HF. Iza bores me I want something new. She's perfect for VS but she should go (same reasons as Lily A). I really like Stella outfit but I'm not sure she's good material for an Angel. Sara should replace Adriana. They're look alike. I like Romee but her tan and boobs look so fake. Rest of blond girls in this segment was boring.

Pink Nation This segment has so much energy but these outfits.. I'm not sure. Most of girls was forgottable. Alana has some charisma but for me she doesn't fit VS. Luma. What a disaster. Who hire her? Dilone was funny but she is okay only for Pink. All these blonds forgottable. Again.

Dark Angel/Secret Angel Adrianna is queen of VS but she should go now. Her outfits are terrible. Somebody hates her. Bella was tragic. One of the best outfits and this girl or zombie maybe. Her walk was dead, her face is dead too. Shame. Jourdana has nice energy but she's not VS girl. Cindy, Elsa and Tylor were amazing. Ming outfit was awful too but I like her on the catwalk. Irina is just okay. I think it's her first and last time. Liu was stunning in this segment. What a star. Love it. Georgia Flower means nothing for me. Devon looks beautiful in this section. She has some potential. She's American. She should be an Angel one day. She just fits perfectly to VS. Kate G looks great. Sad she's not Angel anymore. I think this year was the best of Martha. Never be a fan of her but this year she looks really good. Her body, her face never look better. Ale should go like Iza and Adri. It's perfect VS trio but they're just too old. Go with glory girls. Joan and her big wings were amazing. I like her she so beauitful and she's HF model. VS really needs that.

Bright Night Angel Jas should open or close this segment. Poor girl. Gigi and Bella have much more screentime. VS is so stupied. I think the Fantasy Bra is quite nice this year and Jas was good chocie for wearing this. She's has amazing body. I like Maria, Bella nad Lily outfits. Lily and Maria shine on the catwalk. I like Jo in Swaroviski outfit. Lily A shoudn't close the whole show. Her walk is still bad. It's time to leave.

Bad:
- the editing gave me anxiety! Way too many cutaways!
- Bella Hadid - are you kidding me????
- Most of the models seemed to blend together, no personality.
- Seemed even more short in length compared to other years.

Good:
- The musical guests, especially Bruno & the Weeknd.
- Adriana Lima. She was the ultimate standout of the show. I can't even with her beauty and presence. No one can compare, not even Alessandra.

- Bella Hadid - are you kidding me????

So bad, I believe Vogue had to share this news like 100 times for rocking a "stare-away" look from The Weeknd. I'm neutral to that look here because she looked like a brunette Melanie Scrofano at that very moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good.

Paris scenes were beautiful, although without them you woulnt have thought its in Paris :rolleyes::D.
Jo's opening of MR was so lovely :wub:, dont get the hate on her or her walk. It is a slow song you cant really stomp to it like a power machine, she did well and looked so charming, I hope Jo will open a segment again next year ! Her BNA dance move was cute too although I still prefer just the end of the runway pose.

Elsa did a great job opening the show, definitely better then Candice /Behati. But not as good as Adriana does. Still, would like to see her opening a show again - without the dragon thing :lol:

Adriana was again a highlight. Not a big fan of her but surprisingly she wasnt too over the top, pretty good. ^_^
Stella was so good opening BNA, well done :magic:
Maria B, Barbara F, Joan S (again managed to pull off those huge heavy wings, wow), Allana A, Alessandra, Gigi, Sara S, Jasmin T... to name a few - liked them. :heart:
Some outfits were really stunning but overall this show also blends in together with all the others since 2009.
My fave were the wings Cindy and Sara S. wore - sooo gorgeous !

The bad.

Exotic anything. Just do not want anymore. :lol::doh:

Taylor H - pretty but booooring, no runway presence whatsoever, pity.

Make up and hair. Enough said. Ive been wanting for ages for them to have a red lip and smokey eye or/and long straigh hair or really sparkly purple eye make up or smth like that. We get it, they dont need it but it is a show and the make up and hair should not be all natural/just woke up like this. :doh:

Bruno- Not a fan of his style/music. Although liked the Silver screen angels segment in one of the past shows.

Overall.

I hope Alessandra will stay.
Lily D. can go. Her time is up.
As Lily A.
As Kendall.
Iza, Keke, Sanne...the same.

Yes, Grace was okay opening Pink but dont get whats so amaaaazing she did that everyone seems all of a sudden so in love with her ?? Because that opening was just okay.

I hope they won't make Kelly an angel. Dont get the hype either. Tastes differ.

The editing was crazy, so rushed, too many performers, too little models focus. Miss those remixes. LED runway was actually nice, bring it back again sometime, VS. It felt like a concert and models like some back dancers.

Hilary, Trentini, Magdalena, Maryna and Toni for VSFS 2017 ! :magic::P

Last edited by a moderator:
Just re-watched the show.

Ed Razek's flair for ludicrous self-promotion is hilarious.

"Things are happening with the Victoria's Secret Angels this year that have never happened before; major bookings across the board, couture fashion shows ..."

Hey Ed - just a gentle reminder of a few names that may sound familiar: Gisele, Karolina, Doutzen, Karlie.

Has anyone seen that picture of Stella in her BNA outfit basically sitting on Ed ' s lap and he sorta had his hand on her back side? Ugh

I really dislike Ed, and I feel like he needs to go. The show is getting stale and he seems like he makes it worse

Just re-watched the show.

Ed Razek's flair for ludicrous self-promotion is hilarious.

"Things are happening with the Victoria's Secret Angels this year that have never happened before; major bookings across the board, couture fashion shows ..."

Hey Ed - just a gentle reminder of a few names that may sound familiar: Gisele, Karolina, Doutzen, Karlie.

You don't say?

Has Ed paid attention to their careers before or he just didn't knew it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->