Stomach Exercises

Charlotte560

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I have decided that 2004 is going to be the year that I get rid of the tummy flab and get a hard flat stomach. I am going to start a tough programme of crunches and leg raises and pilates type exercises. Does anyone else want to join me in this? We could offer support and help with exercises etc.

It would be good to hear from others who aren't happy with their waistlines!

Charlotte

Yes! I am with you! I want a strong, lean stomach. I am going to start doing bellydancing(I have a tape), and pilates. I'm also going to start running to get in shape for spring track, so that will help me burn off some extra fat. I will continue doing yoga because it is so relaxing, and I love that.

Great idea for a thread. :smile:

Hey, do you think it is nessecary to do crunches every night? I always feel bad if I skip them, but I heard you also need to give your ab muscles a rest between workouts.

i downloaded my first pilates video last night and did half of it (I need a good mat our hard wood floors are too hard) and man it works your abs and is NOT easy.... so I too am dedicated to bettering that region!

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Lovespell....I have heard too that you should rest ab muscles but others say you should do exercises every day. I am exercising my abs ever day. I feel guilty if I don't and I don't want to lose my motivation.

Yesterday I did:-

100 crunches with knees bent
100 crunches knees over to right, 100 with knees over to left
100 crunches with legs in air.

Then I did 50 leg raises - lifting legs together from about 6 inches off floor to vertical, the lowering and 50 knees-to-chest - starting with legs out 6 ins off floor and pulling knees into chest and pushing legs out again. These last two were to work the lower abs where I really need some hard work.

My abs are sore today but I am going to woak them again this evening. I am also running to help burn off the flab. I think the combination of running plus lots of crunches should work.

Good luck to you both in your quest for a flat tum.

Charlotte

remember, though, that you can't spot train -

You can certainly build ab muscle, but if there is fat on top, the only way to get that off is through cardiovascular exercise and by eating well.

Originally posted by Charlotte560@Jan 7th, 2004 - 3:36 am
Hi Girls,

I have decided that 2004 is going to be the year that I get rid of the tummy flab and get a hard flat stomach. I am going to start a tough programme of crunches and leg raises and pilates type exercises. Does anyone else want to join me in this? We could offer support and help with exercises etc.

It would be good to hear from others who aren't happy with their waistlines!

Charlotte
Im with you, but i hate the Gym. (I'll do the exercises at home) I have a protruding tummy, (once i've eaten, i look like im 6 months pregnant :lol: )

I'd love to get rid of it and be flat by summer, so count me in! :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by OriginalGucciGirl@Jan 7th, 2004 - 5:21 pm
I have a protruding tummy, (once i've eaten, i look like im 6 months pregnant :lol: )
It's the same way for me! I hate my stomach...that's where all my fat goes, so right after I eat *BOOM* - I look pregnant.

Whyyyyyyyyyy? :smile:

Originally posted by Elle Glamour+Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:02 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elle Glamour @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:02 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-OriginalGucciGirl@Jan 7th, 2004 - 5:21 pm
I have a protruding tummy, (once i've eaten, i look like im 6 months pregnant :lol: )
It's the same way for me! I hate my stomach...that's where all my fat goes, so right after I eat *BOOM* - I look pregnant.

Whyyyyyyyyyy? :smile: [/b][/quote]
me three.... i want to kill my flat stomach friends....i feel pregnant after eating too LOL!!!!!! hate it!

Originally posted by lele+Jan 9th, 2004 - 9:12 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lele @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 9:12 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Elle Glamour@Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:02 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-OriginalGucciGirl
@Jan 7th, 2004 - 5:21 pm

me three.... i want to kill my flat stomach friends....i feel pregnant after eating too LOL!!!!!! hate it! [/b][/quote]
:cry: Don't want to kill them, I would kill for people not to exclaim that my hip bone nearly poked them in the eye, but i have to refrain myself and such the like.

not really kill them i think you know....my best friend and i always do this i say i want her stomach and i hate her for it and she says i want your ***...... we all want what we can't have.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri+Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:30 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strawberry daiquiri @ Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:30 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by lele@Jan 9th, 2004 - 9:12 pm
Originally posted by Elle Glamour@Jan 9th, 2004 - 4:02 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-OriginalGucciGirl
@Jan 7th, 2004 - 5:21 pm

me three.... i want to kill my flat stomach friends....i feel pregnant after eating too LOL!!!!!! hate it!
:cry: Don't want to kill them, I would kill for people not to exclaim that my hip bone nearly poked them in the eye, but i have to refrain myself and such the like. [/b][/quote]
Awww I know what you mean lol, its not my fault my boney *** digs in when ever I sit on someone's lap!

Goodluck ladies, I am working out to pack on some pounds!

:flower:

i have a flat stomach- not that its muscly- but that i'm too skinny--

but i know for a fact that it takes only 2 weeks to make a big difference by working out- then you're just gonna need to keep that!!

crunches work well - or light dieting
I don't know if this is the case with everyone but the first place that gets slimmer when I diet is my waist

Originally posted by lele@Jan 9th, 2004 - 3:30 pm
not really kill them i think you know....my best friend and i always do this i say i want her stomach and i hate her for it and she says i want your ***...... we all want what we can't have.
haha me and my best friend used to do the exact same thing..she wanted my butt and I wanted her abs...but those times are over now since I worked on my stomach and now its flat! She also has a butt now! I just do a lot of crunches everyday on an exercise ball and do some cardio such as running on the treadmill or working on the exercise bike!

Originally posted by pinkcouture+Jan 10th, 2004 - 7:36 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinkcouture @ Jan 10th, 2004 - 7:36 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lele@Jan 9th, 2004 - 3:30 pm
haha me and my best friend used to do the exact same thing..she wanted my butt and I wanted her abs...but those times are over now since I worked on my stomach and now its flat! She also has a butt now! I just do a lot of crunches everyday on an exercise ball and do some cardio such as running on the treadmill or working on the exercise bike! [/b][/quote]
a few questions...
i work out everyday - cardio a mix of fast walking and running.... i incorporate sit ups, etc, weights every other day and really on the weekends i take breaks ....and now i am doing pilates when i have time.... :smile:

how long do you work out when you go your cardio and how many crunches each day do you do?

I have heard over and over that if done correctly, 25 crunches is all you need a day

Originally posted by tgp@Jan 10th, 2004 - 11:26 pm
I have heard over and over that if done correctly, 25 crunches is all you need a day
i have heard that too....and i think since i started concentrating more on them -isolating the abs and doing good 25-30 i am noticing a difference..... i even read that 25 good ones is better than 500 sloppy because it is so bad for your back as well as not toning those muscles... :smile:

I do about 45 mins of cardio in the gym and then 30 mins weights

It is also recommened to do other kinds of sports like running, swimming as well as.

Get an ab roller. It basically looks like a wheel with handles. It works wonders (though I haven't used it in months and now I'm back to a flabby tummy lol). At first it really burns and you can't do much, but after a while it gets better and voila. you have a nice stomach, as well as toned arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->