straight men vs. girls and makeup???

A phenomenon I have experienced but as well been told by several friends of me, is that men in a relationship tell their girlfriend to be natural and wear no/little make up because that's the way they like them best.
But then, going out or going shopping, they look after the girls wearing tons of (trashy) make up !!!!:blink:

Why are they soo schizophrenic talking about their opinion an make up?!?!?!?!?!?
I don't get it.:wacko:

i guess it is kinda like men wants every women to be naked except their mother, daughter, siblings and wife/gf in that sense... the mentaility of attraction and responsibility is different i suspose.

^ is there a possiblity she have a crush on you?

That was my first thought.

For me personally,I've on;y eber had a guy once comment on make up that I was wearing. But a few weeks back I had my male friends in a lecture tell me I looked different,tired and ill,which was the day I had no make up on at all. So for me,I think the guys in my life only notice when I have no make up on :lol:

Women should never listen to straight men when it comes to clothes and makeup. They are clueless and make idiotic assumptions, have hypocritical, uninformed opinions.. They say that women look better without makeup, but the truth is most people look better with a dab of concealer and lip balm, at the very least. They say that handbags are a waste of money but the truth is, a nice handbag pulls your outfit together and makes you look presentable. Ugh, don't get me started.

At the end of the day, the kind of man i'm interested is the kind who is sophisticated enough to appreciate a makeup tribute to 20s vamps, 60s sex kittens, warrior women à la mcqueen etc. I couldn't care less if mr. joe average is confused and intimidated by experimental makeup.

Of course, natural barefaced beauty is always good. But life is too short to not have fun with colour.

The only makeup I could think would bother a guy is on the occasions I feel like wearing red lipstick. I've read some comments on what it apparently implies which I frankly find ridiculous. It's just a color just like every other lip color and sticking to just light pink lipstick would bore me to death.

Women should never listen to straight men when it comes to clothes and makeup. They are clueless and make idiotic assumptions, have hypocritical, uninformed opinions.. They say that women look better without makeup, but the truth is most people look better with a dab of concealer and lip balm, at the very least. They say that handbags are a waste of money but the truth is, a nice handbag pulls your outfit together and makes you look presentable. Ugh, don't get me started.

At the end of the day, the kind of man i'm interested is the kind who is sophisticated enough to appreciate a makeup tribute to 20s vamps, 60s sex kittens, warrior women à la mcqueen etc. I couldn't care less if mr. joe average is confused and intimidated by experimental makeup.

Of course, natural barefaced beauty is always good. But life is too short to not have fun with colour.

Absolutely! Last night at work (i'm a dj) I went to the bar and had to wait behind this couple who seemed to be the type of people that generally we don't cater for, and don't want in our club. You know the type, polo shirt with upturned collar, man and girl super tanned, man with dated mohawk, girl with lipstick lighter than her brown brown face. Anyway, last night I had my bright orange hair sticking straight up, slick at the sides, my thick rimmed glasses (prescription mind!), Mac Rebel lippie, cat liner and mac azalea blush up to my temples. They pointed at me, laughed, and asked why on earth I looked the way I did.

The glee I felt when they came to the dj booth later to ask for a crap song and I looked at them and said 'sorry, i'm afraid you've walked into the wrong club....I think there's places more suited to you in leicester square'. They looked mortified. Ha!

My boyfriend however thought I looked super cool, as did all my male friends. You see, make up to me is a statement, and I'm lucky enough to work in a world where I can experiment properly, and most of the men think experimentation is a good thing. If you hang about with morons, they probably will question stuff like that. Fortunately my boyfriend loves it when I push boundaries with my hair, clothes and make up.

well a bunch of my most loved ones boys use eye liner too soo... i my case no worries about that...

Men just don't notice the subtle differences. Generally, that is.
They suck at noticing when you're wearing makeup or not wearing makeup.

I wear very dark smokey eye-makeup, no foundation, a bit of concealer on my blotchy forehead and no lipstick. I have pale skin, black/brown hair. I'm going for the Jessica Stam in Fendi F/W 09 kind of look. As for my eyeshadow, I limit myself to black and brown.

One of my boyfriend's ex-friends is incredibly judgmental- he told my bf to stay away from me because "She wear a lot of makeup and therefore she is a wh*re." Other than the flaw in logic, he completely assumed that because I have dark eye makeup, I had equally as much makeup on my face and completely dismissed me as fake. He actually said, "Did you see the amount of foundation on her face? Freakin 5 inches thick" to my bf. I actually take that as a compliment because that means my skin must be damn good to look like 5 inches of foundation.

So to answer the question, no, what a guy (or girl) thinks about my makeup doesn't affect how I apply it. Just as long as I'm happy with it. My boyfriend has lived with me long enough to know that the only thing that changes on my face after makeup removal are my eyes, and that I really don't use that much makeup at all :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A phenomenon I have experienced but as well been told by several friends of me, is that men in a relationship tell their girlfriend to be natural and wear no/little make up because that's the way they like them best.
But then, going out or going shopping, they look after the girls wearing tons of (trashy) make up !!!!:blink:

Why are they soo schizophrenic talking about their opinion an make up?!?!?!?!?!?
I don't get it.:wacko:

I feel you there! The thing is, (according to the bf) guys don't want their girlfriends to be checked out by other guys. It's kind of that competition mentality they have... It's strange. They tell you that they love the natural look, yet they fap to girls with fake breasts that don't even look good, weird looking lips and very heavy, intentionally-trashy makeup. Hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only makeup I could think would bother a guy is on the occasions I feel like wearing red lipstick. I've read some comments on what it apparently implies which I frankly find ridiculous. It's just a color just like every other lip color and sticking to just light pink lipstick would bore me to death.

LOL yes. This is going back some years but my great-grandfather never liked my grandmother when she and my grandfather started "courting" because she wore red lipstick and automatically jumped to conclusions about her character. (Thankfully my great-grandfather was nothing like my wonderful grandfather.) You'd think we would have evolved somewhat since 1944, but no.

As for me, well I don't really care what my bf, dad, brother, male friends etc think about my makeup. They generally have no idea if I'm wearing makeup unless it's something bright. I love makeup and I love playing with it and experimenting and if they don't get it or don't like it then tough.

My bf has said more than once he likes that I look natural, like still appearing like myself... but I do wear PLENTY of makeup LOL! He just has no idea. :smile:

Ha what does your average straight man knows about make-up? Nothing thank god for gay men. That goes without saying there are very rare males who knows their stuff....very rare :(

^I have educated my boyfriend on the necessity of concealer, and he fully agrees :lol: I think every human being (that does include straight men) should be allowed to cover up bad skin without being frowned upon :magic:

Most of the guys I've spoken to have really bizarre and misinformed ideas about makeup. It has already been mentioned but male after male will go on and on about his preference for natural looking girls but then men's magazines are filled with women so heavily made up and airbrushed that they have come to resemble oil paintings.

One guy was genuinely surprised when I told him I wore makeup ("So you're into all that....stuff?"). By "stuff" I guess he meant superficial stuff? This was coming from someone who spent an ungodly number of hours playing World of Warcraft (as most guys do these days). I think there's still the stereotype that if you're into playing with makeup now and again then you must be superficial and unattractive without it.

I used to not be able to watch you tube tutorials without reading comments by some poor lost male who had inadvertenly wandered into the video only to be shocked at how women with "no lives" would go to such lengths to be attractive. Of course, their own girlfriends are always "natural beauties" :lol:. Personally, I don't know a single adult female that doesn't use at least something on her face so either guys are jumping to their own wrong conclusions or their girlfriends are misleading them.

When guys hear the word makeup I think Tammy Faye Baker's blue eyeshadow and spider eyelashes come to mind. The concept of natural looking makeup is completely foreign. They don't want to hear about the process or even watch you applying it, but they definately appreciate the end result (whether they realize it or not).

i like it when guys refer to mascara as "the stuff you put on your eyelashes?" lol its cute

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->