Strivectin

Originally posted by lele@Jan 12th, 2004 - 10:12 pm

does sephora not ship to the UK?
:shock: you never told me you live in the UK!!!!! which part??

Originally posted by lele+Jan 12th, 2004 - 5:12 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lele @ Jan 12th, 2004 - 5:12 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-OriginalGucciGirl@Jan 12th, 2004 - 4:59 pm
All of you guys that use this cream, are you not worried about the effects(if any) later on?

Is this cream available in the UK? :flower:
what do you mean?
you could say that about any active ingredient topical ....

does sephora not ship to the UK? [/b][/quote]
True, but i was wondering since its a cream for stretch marks. Is there no side effects that is harmful with prolonged use? :innocent:

Sephora - I have not idea whether they ship items to the UK, perhaps someone else can answer this one for me :flower:

Originally posted by OriginalGucciGirl@Jan 13th, 2004 - 3:49 pm
Acid - who are you asking?
i am not in the uk i was asking for gucci who is in the uk if sephora ships there..... :smile:

Originally posted by lele@Jan 12th, 2004 - 2:34 pm
so i am bringing this back up...
Franco if you are out there.... I love Strivectin! So excited about it and wanted to thank you!!!

Nikka have you tried it yet?
YAY! Your welcome... :D

My father just bought a GNC Store and I convinced him to sell it there.. It has been selling fast! This is a great mouisterizer for anyone else who is thinking about purchasing it.

Originally posted by franco+Jan 13th, 2004 - 6:50 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(franco @ Jan 13th, 2004 - 6:50 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lele@Jan 12th, 2004 - 2:34 pm
so i am bringing this back up...
Franco if you are out there.... I love Strivectin! So excited about it and wanted to thank you!!!

Nikka have you tried it yet?
YAY! Your welcome... :D

My father just bought a GNC Store and I convinced him to sell it there.. It has been selling fast! This is a great mouisterizer for anyone else who is thinking about purchasing it. [/b][/quote]
the only thing i hope it doesnt do is make me break out....

do you use it all over your face?

I just read that GNC's are starting to sell it...i think! now can you get it at a discount :smile:

Originally posted by OriginalGucciGirl@Jan 12th, 2004 - 4:59 pm
All of you guys that use this cream, are you not worried about the effects(if any) later on?

i gave this information to my friends mother and she loves this stuff. now i do know she took the ingredients list to her dermatologist and he gave her the ok, but it says on her package for wrinkles and stretchmarks. i would say just check with a dermatologist to be sure every persons skin is different. :flower:

Originally posted by Oria+Jan 14th, 2004 - 11:44 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oria @ Jan 14th, 2004 - 11:44 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-OriginalGucciGirl@Jan 12th, 2004 - 4:59 pm

i gave this information to my friends mother and she loves this stuff. now i do know she took the ingredients list to her dermatologist and he gave her the ok, but it says on her package for wrinkles and stretchmarks. i would say just check with a dermatologist to be sure every persons skin is different. :flower: [/b][/quote]
hey oria thanks for sharing that information!!!! that was my only concern....

Originally posted by lele+Jan 14th, 2004 - 12:13 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lele @ Jan 14th, 2004 - 12:13 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Oria@Jan 14th, 2004 - 11:44 am
<!--QuoteBegin-OriginalGucciGirl
@Jan 12th, 2004 - 4:59 pm

i gave this information to my friends mother and she loves this stuff. now i do know she took the ingredients list to her dermatologist and he gave her the ok, but it says on her package for wrinkles and stretchmarks. i would say just check with a dermatologist to be sure every persons skin is different. :flower:
hey oria thanks for sharing that information!!!! that was my only concern.... [/b][/quote]
you're very welcome lele! by the way love the avatar and thanks many times from my friends mother to franco! she really does enjoy the stuff and she does look better oops haha :lol: :flower:

i am so excited about this strivectin stuff!!!! so yes franco you deserve another round of applause! :smile:

Im excited everyone likes it.. I do get it at somewhat of a discount,sometimes ill go in and just use the sample we have! And talking with other GNC's even the corporate ones, they all carry Str-Vectin and it is flying of the shelves.

This really is a good product.

Im only 20 and i take good care of my skin with vitamins and things of that nature. But I have always had dry skin..

This has been probably the best thing i have ever used.. not only on my face but my arms and hands.. its great ..

franco baby, if you have dry skin you should use EVE LOM cleanser, its made out of penetrating oils and its great

the best cleanser avalible anywhere

has anyone used this for stretch marks? does it live up to the hype?

Unfortunately didn't work for me. I used it religiously for 2 months and didn't see any results. It was a bit greasy and took a while to rub in, and the smell was too medicinal. I'm using the Decleor system for stretch marks: Aromessence Tonilastil Firming Aromatic Body Oil with the Decleor Tonilastil Cream. Smells wonderful, takes a bit of time too but a pleasure to use. Been using it for 1 month, and starting to see some fading on my lighter stretch marks. I bought the Strivectin for $120CDN and both Decleor products for $100 together.

Originally posted by iceprincess316@Aug 23 2004, 11:03 PM
Unfortunately didn't work for me. I used it religiously for 2 months and didn't see any results. It was a bit greasy and took a while to rub in, and the smell was too medicinal. I'm using the Decleor system for stretch marks: Aromessence Tonilastil Firming Aromatic Body Oil with the Decleor Tonilastil Cream. Smells wonderful, takes a bit of time too but a pleasure to use. Been using it for 1 month, and starting to see some fading on my lighter stretch marks. I bought the Strivectin for $120CDN and both Decleor products for $100 together.
[snapback]343272[/snapback]​

where can you find decleor products? thanks for the advice

strivectin-sa

strivectin-sa

Do you have any idea about this cream?

Have you ever used it? and does it really work as they say ?!!!!
:huh:

My mom uses this for her face. I'm not seeing a noticable difference. It seems like one of those products that smells and feels as if it works but doesn't really. I'm sure it's a good moisterizer and may prevent wrinkles but its hard to believe it will get rid of them. I have baby stretch marks on my inner thighs so i'm trying it on those right now. How great would it be if it worked!

i found this from a website.
StriVectin-SD​
($135 for 6 ounces) is the product that started the whole "better than Botox" craze.It went from email spam and ads in Parade magazine to prominent shelf space in Nordstrom and Sephora. Interestingly enough, StriVectin didn't start as an anti-wrinkle product. Rather, its original claim to fame was for eliminating stretch marks. However, the only studies proving StriVectin’s benefits for stretch marks were paid for by Klein-Becker, the company that distributes StriVectin. That's about as reliable as a Marlboro coming out with a study that says cigarettes are safe.

Though there is no way to be sure, it seems Klein-Becker simply decided that the market for a stretch mark product wasn't as lucrative as one for an anti-wrinkle product. So the company modified their ads, stating they were surprised to find that not only was StriVectin-SD getting rid of women's stretch marks, but it also got rid of their facial wrinkles, and we now have the astounding “anti-wrinkle breakthrough of the decade.” Regrettably, they do not have to back up this claim with supportive research to sell this kind of hyperbole. All any company has to do is claim their product will get rid of wrinkles and women will buy it in droves, as evidenced by the fact that

StriVectin-SD has been the best-selling product in department stores since November 2003, with sales topping $30 million between January and June 2004 (Source: The Rose Sheet, June 7, 2004, page 3)! The con is on, and many consumers are buying it (literally and figuratively). Perhaps the most enticing part of StriVectin's ads are the portions that read, “The active formula in StriVectin-SD has recently been shown in clinical trials to significantly reduce that category of fine lines and facial wrinkles that can add 10-15 years to your appearanceˇand even reduce the dark circles under your eyes ...without irritation, painful injections, or surgery.” Another statement reads “in fact, [StriVectinSD] is the only topical formulation clinically proven to effectively confront every aspect of wrinkle reduction.” It is easy to debunk all of this overblown nonsense by pointing out the product's lack of sunscreen; perhaps StriVectin overlooked the voluminous research about sun exposure's deleterious, wrinkling, and discoloring effects on skin. That omission alone puts their claims in the category of overstatement and nothing more. The two studies quoted in StriVectin’s ads were presented at the 20th World Congress of Dermatology, held in July 2002. These papers examined the effects of the ingredient palmitoyl pentapeptide-3 (one of the ingredients in Strivectin, though they advertise this ingredient with the name Pal-KTTKS) and compared it to vitamin C and retinol. Of course, according to them, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3 won. However, there is no published research substantiating the results, the studies were from the ingredient manufacturer, and StriVectin declined to send us any documentation.
Further, presenting a paper at a dermatology meeting is not the same as having your information published in a medical journal with strict protocol standards. With lack of substantiated research but a strong desire to capture baby boomers' dollars, Klein-Becker has taken these claims and almost single-handedly created a market for "works like Botox" products. StriVectin-SD is supposedly preferable because of its long-term results versus the short-term results (and repeated treatments) of Botox. A Dr. Nathalie Chevreau is quoted in the ad, saying “the cumulative effects of using a product like StriVectin become more noticeable every day, and ultimately lasts longer than Botox.” Chevreau is hardly an impartial source—she works for Klein-Becker! Further, Dr. Chevreau is a licensed dietician in Utah, a fact that is conveniently left out of StriVectin’s ad because it would conflict with her credibility as a medical doctor speaking about the legitimate benefits of an antiwrinkle cream.

If you are still wondering if there is any way possible that StriVectin-SD might somehow be better than Botox, the short answer is no—and that means no way, and no how. It certainly isn't better than the daily use of an effective sunscreen! StriVectin is merely a moisturizer with some very good emollients, water-binding agents, antioxidants, and peptides. Unfortunately, this product also contains peppermint oil, a problematic skin irritant. I suspect this was included to make the skin tingle (a sensitizing reaction) to create the impression that the product is “doing something” to the skin. StriVectin-SD won't alter the wrinkling on any part of your face, in the long term or in the short term. Riding on the success of StriVectin-SD, several cosmetic companies have created their own products claiming to be better than Botox or better than cosmetic corrective surgery. The list below covers the most widely advertised, readily available products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->