Style.com's Best New Faces F/W 06.07

jssy4eva

Reaction score
Style.com's Top 10 Models of Fall 2006

Daria Werbowy stole the headlines with her big comeback, but there was plenty of fresh talent making news on the fall runways, from fellow Canadians Coco Rocha and Irina Lazareanu to the de rigueur Ukrainian and Brazilian lovelies. All that and an American beauty, Rachel Alexander, to boot

00160m.jpg

Am Urashevska

In modeling, opening a Prada show is like receiving your college diploma. Anna Mariya, a 15-year-old whose cheekbones could slice a seamless backdrop, follows in fellow Muscovite Sasha Pivovarova's footsteps as Miuccia's chosen one. (Agency: IMG)

00010m.jpg

Behati Prinsloo

A Namibia-born pastor's daughter, 17-year-old Behati has already appeared in the spring Marc by Marc Jacobs campaign and in ads for H&M. But she'll know she's really made it when her big dream to meet Kate Moss comes true. (Agency: Supreme)

00130m.jpg

Bette Franke

Now 17, Bette was discovered three years ago shopping in Amsterdam with her mother. Exclusive to Jil Sander last season, this blue-eyed model with the unmistakable pout was seen on all the right fall runways, Chloé, Chanel, and Calvin included. (Agency: DNA)

00090m.jpg

Coco Rocha

Coco was a professional dancer and choreographer before she made it as a model. The 18-year-old Vancouver native stepped lively on the fall catwalks, and Dolce & Gabbana's ad people have already tapped on her door. (Agency: Elite)

00270m.jpg

Du Juan

Miss China 2003, Du Juan isn't your typical beauty queen. She graduated to fashion's big leagues when she appeared on the covers of Paris Vogue and the premiere issue of Vogue China. (Agency: IMG)

00130m.jpg

Flavia De Olivera

Stefano Pilati chose this tawny-haired model from Londrina, Brazil, to open his spring show. Ad campaigns for Blumarine and Cesare Paciotti, as well as a strong fall season, followed. (Agency: Ford)

00110m.jpg

Irina Lazareanu

This Romanian political refugee who grew up in Montreal was discovered at an open call. Since then she's been handpicked by Kate Moss to appear in Paris Vogue and become a Babyshambles collaborator, dressed for performances by Nicolas Ghesquière. (Agency: Marilyn

00180m.jpg

Leah De Warvin

In six months this Lille-born French beauty has progressed from a Prada and Miu Miu exclusive to runway fixture. Sonia Rykiel's spring campaign girl, Leah is fresh-faced with a strong jawline and plenty of rock 'n' roll attitude (her favorite bands include Arctic Monkeys and Cat Power). (Agency: Elite Paris)

00010m.jpg

Mariya Markina

Raf Simons wasn't the only one to make a debut at Jil Sander this season—he chose Mariya, a blond, 17-year-old Ukrainian to open his show. Paco Rabanne's Patrick Robinson followed suit, opening doors in the City of Light for this fair-haired newcomer. (Agency: Supreme)

00110m.jpg

Rachael Alexander

Steven Meisel discovered Rachel in her hometown, Los Angeles, a couple of years back. But it was her new short inky-black Louise Brooks 'do that accounted for her recently upgraded runway presence. (Agency: Supreme)

All pics from style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
wheres Freja?! she opened so many shows, and walked in over 60 :shock: unless they are only talking about new girls...but Daria was on the list...

^ Daria was not on the list, they just mentioned her comeback, it's a list of the breakthrough faces of the season. :flower:

I think I did pretty well guessing. Although I obviosuly safeguarded. And totally forgot about Flavia! Also, I'm surprised Patricia didn't make the list, she felt like a safe bet to me...

From the FW0607 casting thread
Nelly Cat said:
Based on style.com's previous lists with some new-new girls, some 2nd seasoners, and one or two that aren't even newish but had a breakthrough season, I'm guessing the list will be made up from this group of girls:

Anna Mariya Urajevskaya
Behati Prinsloo
Bette Franke
Coco Rocha
Du Juan
Hilary Rhoda
Irina Lazareanu
Leah de Wavrin
Mariya Markina
Patricia Schmid
Rachel Alexander
Snejana Onopka
Tanya Dziahileva

They've put girls on the list twice before, but I noticed that there weren't any repeats on the s/s 06 list, so maybe that eliminates Hilary, Sneja, and Tanya...

Nelly Cat said:
I think I did pretty well guessing. Although I obviosuly safeguarded. And totally forgot about Flavia! Also, I'm surprised Patricia didn't make the list, she felt like a safe bet to me...
I think Patricia's one of the coolest things to come out of this season, and she seems to be getting lots of work already, but compared to the others she didn't walk that much. If her star continues to rise I could totally see her on next season's list, though. And congrats, if you count the disclaimer about Hilary, Tanya and Snejana you nailed the list, save Flavia! B)

Taken from the model casting thread

CharlottefromCA said:
My long list with your inputs.. I completely forgot about Patricia Schmid, and Anna K, Ekaterina and Drielle.. are they new?

My list (everyone should make their own.. it'll be fun to compare no? :flower: .. sort of like predicting the Oscars.. but not really :lol: )

- Bette Franke
- Irina Lazareanu
- Milana Bogelepova
- Patricia Schmid
- Du Juan
- Rachel Alexander
- Coco Rocha
- Behati Prinsloo
- Mariya Markina
- Ana Mihjlovic

my alternates

- Tatiana Usova
- Anna Kuznetsova
- Han Hye Jin
- Anna Maria Urajevskaya

eeh.. 7/10.. not bad, I totally should have seen Flavia coming though.. :D

Anna Maryia: How old is this one, 14? Reminds me of a squatter, squarer Paulina Porizkova, who is arguably the most beautiful model ever.

Behati: Has her pretty moments but is generally too strongboned for my liking.

Bette: Don't get her "amorphous-features-on-an-amorphous-base" look.

Cocoa (great name!:( Plain; somewhat dumb-looking.

Du: Alternates between plainly attractive and strikingly attractive. Good body, too.

Flavia: Somewhat simian face atop a dynamite body.

Irina: Plain, but edgy and cool-looking nonetheless. I diggit.

Leah: I'm not familiar with this one, so I'll reserve judgement.

Mariya: Ditto.

Rachel: I thought she was British? Anyhoo, she looked prettier with long hair. Nice, pleasant face that's somewhat marred by a pukey :smile:sick: ) eye-color.

Mr. Fabulous said:
Snejana is new??
Depends on your definition of new I guess. But I think she's newer than a couple of girls on this season's list, whereas she was on the last one. Why the question? :flower:

Mariya Markina - who?

the rest of the list isnt surprising except that rachel alexander and coco rocha didnt have pages on style.com for the longest times

i think that mariya looks like anna maria u. a bit.

behati and irina started last season right, and they were pretty big then, i dont know about them as new faces

bette is just adorable, i love her.

I think the emphasis is more on breakthrough than new, right? I mean, Irina's been doing runway since 2004, Rachel's been around for several seasons too. And remember FW05 when they included Kim and Marina Perez, who had already been on the previous list, because they were following up their success with an even better season (or something like that)...

I think the list makes sense, though. It's pretty much what everyone's been guessing. :flower:

Yeah, I think that's it. You never know what style.com is thinking, though. Kim was on the list three times in a row, which is a little weird even if it's not about being new. Not that I objected, I love Kim, but it was a bit strange. :D

I went through the old lists on style.com last week (I know, I know... but anything to avoid studying, ey?). Quite a few girls have been featured twice, and not always in consecutive seasons. But no repeats in the two latest lists, so maybe it's moved a little from just hot faces to breakthrough faces?

Dewi (FW02, SS03)
Eugenia (FW02, SS03)
Natalia V (FW02, SS03)
Luca (FW02, FW04)
Linda Vojtova (SS03, FW03)
Daria (FW03, SS04)
Hana S (FW03, SS04)
Heather Marks (SS04, SS05)
Jessica Stam (SS04, SS05)
Kim Noorda (FW04, SS05, FW05)
Lily D (FW04, SS05)
Marina Peres (SS05, FW05)

Ok, done over-analyzing this stupid list. :blush: :D

Plato's_Cave said:
Depends on your definition of new I guess. But I think she's newer than a couple of girls on this season's list, whereas she was on the last one. Why the question? :flower:

No.. cause I thought this list was for like new girls who might have done a lot of shows but I don't recognize the girls as much as I recognize Snejana.. She opened a lot of major shows..

If she's new.. she picked up the game really quick.. quicker then a few girls out there. I just thought it was odd.

Daria Werbowy stole the headlines with her big comeback, but there was plenty of fresh talent making news on the fall runways, from fellow Canadians Coco Rocha and Irina Lazareanu to the de rigueur Ukrainian and Brazilian lovelies. All that and an American beauty, Rachel Alexander, to boot.

img1.jpg

In modeling, opening a Prada show is like receiving your college diploma. Anna Mariya, a 15-year-old whose cheekbones could slice a seamless backdrop, follows in fellow Muscovite Sasha Pivovarova's footsteps as Miuccia's chosen one. (Agency: IMG)

img2.jpg

A Namibia-born pastor's daughter, 17-year-old Behati has already appeared in the spring Marc by Marc Jacobs campaign and in ads for H&M. But she'll know she's really made it when her big dream to meet Kate Moss comes true. (Agency: Supreme)

img3.jpg

Now 16, Bette Franke was discovered three years ago shopping in Amsterdam with her mother. Exclusive to Jil Sander last season, this blue-eyed model with the unmistakable pout was seen on all the right fall runways, Chloé, Chanel, and Calvin included. (Agency: DNA)

img4.jpg

Coco Rocha was a professional dancer and choreographer before she made it as a model. The 18-year-old Vancouver native stepped lively on the fall catwalks, and Dolce & Gabbana's ad people have already tapped on her door. (Agency: Elite)

img5.jpg

Miss China 2003, Du Juan isn't your typical beauty queen. She graduated to fashion's big leagues when she appeared on the covers of Paris Vogue and the premiere issue of Vogue China. (Agency: IMG)

img6.jpg

Stefano Pilati chose Flavia de Oliveria, from Londrina, Brazil, to open his spring show. Ad campaigns for Blumarine and Cesare Paciotti, as well as a strong fall season, followed. (Agency: Ford)

img7.jpg

Irina L., Romanian political refugee who grew up in Montreal was discovered at an open call. Since then she's been handpicked by Kate Moss to appear in Paris Vogue and become a Babyshambles collaborator, dressed for performances by Nicolas Ghesquière. (Agency: Marilyn)

img8.jpg

In six months Leah De Wavrin, a Lille-born French beauty, has progressed from a Prada and Miu Miu exclusive to runway fixture. Sonia Rykiel's spring campaign girl, Leah is fresh-faced with a strong jawline and plenty of rock 'n' roll attitude (her favorite bands include Arctic Monkeys and Cat Power). (Agency: Elite Paris)

img9.jpg

Raf Simons wasn't the only one to make a debut at Jil Sander this season—he chose Mariya, a blond, 17-year-old Ukrainian to open his show. Paco Rabanne's Patrick Robinson followed suit, opening doors in the City of Light for this fair-haired newcomer. (Agency: Supreme)

img10.jpg

Steven Meisel discovered Rachel Alexander in her hometown, Los Angeles, a couple of years back. But it was her new short inky-black Louise Brooks 'do that accounted for her recently upgraded runway presence. (Agency: Supreme)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->