Predict Style.com's Top Ten New Faces for S/S 09

Oh yes...definitely forgot about the IMG factor. Looks like Charlotte and Sophie were "shafted," then :ninja:

For what it's worth, at least it is the most diverse list in terms of agency distribution we've seen in recent days :P It's too bad that the occurrence is mainly caused by flaws.

I find it remarkable that both COACD and Style.com included Aminata on their lists....her showseason wasn't that enormous, but Ralph Lauren and Lanvin were nice....maybe there is something brewing for her editorial/advertorial-wise?

I find it remarkable that both COACD and Style.com included Aminata on their lists....her showseason wasn't that enormous, but Ralph Lauren and Lanvin were nice....maybe there is something brewing for her editorial/advertorial-wise?

Maybe Alber Elbaz threatened them :lol: since he discovered her apparently...

yes it is surprising to see her name on both lists...
honestly the first time i ever heard of her or saw her was on the coacd list

Interesting list and not one i really overall agree with... but those left off... Constance (my fave) and Arlenis... (love that girl)..will have the last laugh in the campaign and $$ stakes so really time will truly tell...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, it's great if Aminata did snag something big in other sectors of modeling, but for me the Style.com lists really should reflect runway accomplishments...it's kind of the site's niche, after all!

But then again: Georgia -_-

I think tfs should have their own top 10 newcomers for ss09 list...
where all of us get to vote...and a winner is chosen!

Oh she didn't? I was convinced she did! Well, my apologies then...

Aminata's showlist :huh:

New York
Adam
Araks
Camilla Staerk
Carlos Miele
Charlotte Ronson
Cynthia Rowley
Doo.Ri
Erin Fetherston
J. Mendel
Malandrino
Proenza Schouler
Ralph Lauren
Richard Chai
Shipley Halmos

Milan
Parah Noir
Roberta Scarpa

Paris
Akris
Bruno Pieters
Chapurin
Dries Van Noten
Lanvin
Requiem
Vivienne Westwood

As much as I like Aminata she should not be on any top new comer list :innocent:

Maybe she's gonna get the lanvin campaign or something :unsure:

Yeah we should do our own vote lol. But how would we come into a consensus about who is new and who is not new?

.. and to comment on the list.

I'm more surprised about Sara Blomqvist than Mia Amanita. Sara killed it last season... and then this season she did well, but nowhere like last season, and NOW they include here. So many girls to choose from. And I don't really even remember Sara opening or closing major shows. But suffice to say.. i also find Amanita's inclusion

I would have put Imogen over Sara, and Anna over Lakshemi. I'm surprised Arlenis isn't there... but then again maybe its the "marilyn" factor.

Weird weird list.. but then again, I think this season, there were really weird castings, the cities didn't really seem coordinated in choosing THE girls of the season. You would see one girl rise in one city then fall in the next and then another girl booming, etc..

^ yes it really was a weird list...
btw just out of curiousity...
which model of colour had the longest showlist this season?
and who was the new comer with the most shows( again speaking only in context of models who arent WHITE)?

coz its soo shocking the arlenis was not there...and aminata got onto it with not really an impressive list!

^Jourdan for your first question, and I believe Liu Wen for the second.

I'm not surprised about Arlenis because her momentum did decrease in Europe...and if she were to replace Sessilee or Aminata, as aforementioned, there would be the Marilyn factor.

^ yes it really was a weird list...
btw just out of curiousity...
which model of colour had the longest showlist this season?
and who was the new comer with the most shows( again speaking only in context of models who arent WHITE)?

coz its soo shocking the arlenis was not there...and aminata got onto it with not really an impressive list!

Jourdan with 59 shows.

Arlenis walked 38 shows I believe and it was her first RTW season. I don't know why she didn't make the list, she did poorly in Milan, picked up pace in Paris but she was all over NY, although... she did miss the key shows such as CK, Marc & Proenza, still...she should have been included.

Liu is fairly new and she did 54 shows. She made her NY debut this season.

This list is quite odd. I notice that on style.com they bandy about words like "diversity" and "multiculturalism" in the description. However, I think that hardly any of these "multicultural" girls deserve their spot on this seasons list. Style.com are just using race as a theme and not even paying attention to who was actually successful at the shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moddydoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->