Target's "Go International" with Luella Bartley

annknee said:
:( after hearing that you guys had some luck i tried my closest store and they didn't even know who luella bartley was or what the go international line was. very disappointing.

i know mee too..the girl sounded young [like she just works there and doesnt know what's going on] so i don't know..hopefully they will have it because i love most of the stuff in the line so far

The same thing happened to me. That is why I just ordered a shitload of stuff from the website which is already available anyway. :D

eek, which cherry coin purse should i get!? the little clutch one or the coing one? i love them both. any opinions..?

I guess it depends on the store. One target I went to they had a couple of pieces but nothing I wanted. When I went to a local Target again today, they didn't have anything.

prettyjuice, that's a good question. I'd prefer the coin purse, much more unique and cute. :smile:

hm i'll just drop by next week myself and check it out because the girl seemed clueless..hopefully they'll have it in stock

...and LoveMyBoots, they have things in the store already? and what?

where is the shirtdress on the site? i'm looking for it everywhere to no avail!

DENiSSA said:
...and LoveMyBoots, they have things in the store already? and what?

maybe I wasn't clear...
The first Target I went to they only had a couple of pieces (e.g. striped blazer, zippered skirt, cherry print collar shirts, and puffed shirt with pocket)
The second Target I went to didn't have anything Luella.

ohh ok...

i wonder if the things online are just SOME of her peices from the collection

I went to mine last night and they had a bunch of things.. the bags, the neckalces and bracelets, dresses, tees, tanks, collared shirts, skirts, you name it, they had it. I didn't buy anything yet, I just had time to browse. Going to go back today, though.

i was going to order that coin purse. buttt....my dad came home from running errands, and he had known i was waiting for luella to come out, and so he bought me the clutch one. its soooooooo cute, better than on the internet, and the perfect size :smile:

i feel like when designers do a target line and make themselves accessable, it takes away from the luxury of their expensive lines

fashionlove79 said:
i feel like when designers do a target line and make themselves accessable, it takes away from the luxury of their expensive lines

well since their main lines aren't much to speak of either, it doesn't really matter to me :innocent:

i was really surprised about all of this. i went to target a few months ago and saw fiorucci, which was confusing but i bought a bunch of tee shirts because i love them. i went to target last week and saw the luella line, which was even more confusing, but i bought some skinny pants with suspenders, an apple print shirt, and a green bubble miniskirt. i really wanted a white skirt but the zippers aren't very good in most of them and the green skirt had the best one. i didn't realize that they had jewelry and accessories as well. i wonder if these will ever become collectibles because it is such a novelty to see on a tag "Luella for Target".

http://www.latimes.com/features/lifestyle/cl-et-notebook28jan28,0,2586134.story?coll=la-home-style

Bright spots for budget divas

By Booth Moore
Times Staff Writer

January 28, 2006

When the Karl Lagerfeld for H&M collection debuted in New York City last spring, some women took off work to grab the goods. Others stripped down to their underwear on the spot to try things on, or resorted to tearing the clothes off mannequins. It was fashion mayhem for two hours, until everything was sold out.

Anyone who's fought her way through the Fred Segal sale can imagine what the scene will look like when H&M opens in the Beverly Center this fall. The Swedish cheap chic emporium was an instant hit on Fifth Avenue (a second store followed on 34th Street). The clothes are always on-trend, with designs strong enough to stand on their own and quality that's better than you'd expect for pieces like a stylish $29 denim blazer.

For now, L.A.'s budget-minded divas can warm up at Target on Wednesday, when it launches a limited-edition Luella Bartley collection.

The cool Brit's collection is the first in Target's new Go International program, which will feature a rotating list of designers producing limited-edition collections.

True to Bartley's girlish rock 'n' roll charm (and her penchant for cherries and skulls), the line is a dream, with cherry-print button-downs ($24.95), schoolgirl patched denim blazers ($49.99), striped oxford shirts with attached skinny ties ($24.99), satin bomber jackets ($34.99), puff-sleeve T-shirts ($14.99), star-patched jeans ($39.99) and spring's must-have cropped jacket ($39.99) in Luella green. The accessories are pretty cute too, including a canvas heart-and-skull tote ($19.99) and an iPod holder ($12.99).

Nine West could be the next mass retailer making deals with high-end designers. The footwear company is in negotiations with several top names to create limited-edition collections of shoes, belts and handbags. A spokeswoman for the brand wouldn't confirm details, but Vivienne Westwood, Sophia Kokosalaki and Thakoon Panichgul are being bandied about the rumor mill.

Attachments

• skull shirt.jpg
    skull shirt.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 4
I just checked out the line...the stuff definitely looks better in the pictures....I got a tshirt and a tank top though and am gonna check out my other Target to see if they have that banana colored hobo (good for the beach?) and those bermuda shorts.

Oh, and has anyone see that cute green cropped jacket that's in the red hot shop online?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I am going to cry, seriously. I just tried on the black pants w/suspenders. And I had to go up TWO sizes, and even then, I had to suck in my waist! I have never ever ever had to go up THREE whole sizes, it is just ridiculous. I have tried on pants recently too, so I know it isn't that I've gained weight. Has anyone else noticed this with pants and skirts? I feel so amazingly fat right now.....:cry:

dulcedeleche said:
Ok, I am going to cry, seriously. I just tried on the black pants w/suspenders. And I had to go up TWO sizes, and even then, I had to suck in my waist! I have never ever ever had to go up THREE whole sizes, it is just ridiculous. I have tried on pants recently too, so I know it isn't that I've gained weight. Has anyone else noticed this with pants and skirts? I feel so amazingly fat right now.....:cry:

gosh, that's awful. that sizing system they have on the site is weird? size 1? wtf does that mean?

i havent tried anything. probably im in for a rude awakening also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->