Target's "Go International" with Luella Bartley

oh :( i guess i'll settle with black. its still cute to me.
dulce- i know what you mean. thats why i used to love that there wasnt an h&m here, so that when i went to new york a lot only i was getting the clothes. i used to love that place when i was younger. i wont like luellas creations on everyone, but i suppooooooose every..one..should have access:unsure: :doh:

Gosh...the campaign is all about 'going international'...so why the hell can't Target ship internationally?????

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that plaid puffball dress...hmmm...might have to get an American forwarding address.....

The runway pics aren't that bad....

I've never reallly been a huge fan of Luella.... She's good at doing very preppy clothes, but lately I haven't been liking it too much.....

It's sad to see another designer go gaga $$$$$ with designing for the masses.....

Fashion going downhill once more..... :doh:

Ok, I just gave the pics a second look.... The fabrics and cut seem very cheap based on the pics, and the denim skirts are simply tacky..... :yuk:

Luella is exactly the kind of designer that is suitable for doing these kind of 'designer for the masses' schemes. Her preppy, cutsie style is perfect for mass-reproduction because really, there is nothing EXTRA-ordinary about her RTW collections so why contain it within a high price bracket when she can promote her brand and make it accessible.

However, I would disagree with other designers like......Nicholas Ghesquiere (as if!) doing something like this. I think some designers fit the bill with these kind of retail marketing schemes (which is exactly what they are) and most designers really should not touch them with a barge pole.

susie_bubble said:
Gosh...the campaign is all about 'going international'...so why the hell can't Target ship internationally?????

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that plaid puffball dress...hmmm...might have to get an American forwarding address.....

you mean then have someone here ship it to you?

^Yeah....some of my friends have one coz online stores like Target and Urban Outfitters won't ship outside the US....so these mailing companies get you an address and they can send you all your online purchases.

There is a full-page color ad on the back of the Thursday Styles section of The New York Times today. The model is wearing the plaid bubble dress with a white tee that has puffy sleeves underneath, a silver chain purse, and a couple of bangles. The dress is $39.99, the tee is $14.99, the purse is $29.99 and the bangles are $8.99. No other new information, just kind of further confirms the Feb. 1st release date. I am def. in love with that plaid dress though!

^ DITTO

prettyjuice, I'm in love with the black dress also! :woot: :heart:
And that blouse with the bow! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh yes, id like to read it as well
this is the picture correct?

from target.com

Attachments

• luella.JPG
    luella.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 6
dulcedeleche said:
Yeah you and 50 other girls....that's one thing that sucks about this, EVERYONE will have this stuff. I see girls wearing Target sh*t everywhere.

i agree 2 but when i went to check it out, they had maybe 6 of the plaid green dresses, one in each size. kinda limited i guess? i dont think anyone had bought any of it yet.

that cherry skirt is so cute..

here are some more pics

Attachments

• graffiti bag.jpg
    graffiti bag.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 3
similar to her skirt from her real collection last year

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 3
kinda cute

Attachments

• cowboy shirt.jpg
    cowboy shirt.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1
I've only been to one of my three local Targets so far, but they have started to stock the line. Today I saw rainbow striped cross-back tanks, the previously mentioned puff sleeve tops, green and white minis, and navy, white and striped blazers, as well as a white and black "grungy" stripe dress shirt, and a questionable cheerleader-style skirt. It's made of fabric reminiscent of parachute pants and unzips to create the cheerleaders pleats.

The blazers were my favorite of the bunch; they fit me very well and are adorable. The puff sleeve tops fit me horribly. I cannot wait to see the rest of the collection -- the accessories look promising.

i think this would look great on a younger teen

Attachments

• look1.jpg
    look1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 165
kinda loud, eh?

Attachments

• loud.jpg
    loud.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics