Teeth Whitening

^^ they can tell if you're sick etc, so possibly. Wouldn't the breath smell a bit different anyway?

Do you think that if I used Whitestrips once a day it would still work?

I don't want to damage my teeth too much hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jane - Smoking does a lot of damage to your gums so if your dentist notices unhealthy gums...you'll be asked if you smoke.

Mis. T - since thier sold over the counter, i dont think thier too harmful..unless perhaps you ingest like an entire box of strips.

Oh my gosh you guys. Ok to the first poster with two long front teeth, please please DONT have them filed down. Teeth are meant to last a lifetime and filing is not a good idea for sensitivity or longevity. The best thing to do is have them regressed into your gums a bit. It is apparently quite an easy procedure and once I finish my orthotropic treatment, I plan to have that done to my front teeth.

Secondly -someone has already mentioned the dangers of too much brushing (well too much anything). The best thing to do is NOT to snack, have few meals a day and brush once after each. I never have more that two/three meals. I only got cavities when I went to uni, went snack crazy and was eating cupcakes whilst trying to get over the boredom of academia. Snacking is the danger NOT lack of brushing.

As for teeth whitening. I am not sure I like white teeth to be honest. Plus I am too scared for my enamel.

Bear in mind that the health of your teeth relates to lots of other body systems including the heart. You do not want heart problems I am sure. People just see teeth as an acessory like hair and nails but they arent. They are part of your skeletal system and you should regard them thus. Plus those cavities I got really hit home my own mortality. It wasnt nice and people take these things far too lightly.

I am thinking of buying some whitening products, but what I've read from this thread...:ninja:...lol... scare me. I have weak gums and lack of enamel, so would love to have your advice on some NaturalWhite products like the BrightStick or the 5-Minute. Do they work? Do they strip off our enamel? Do they cause pain? Please help!!!

teeth whitening?

I was wondering that is teeth whitening very common?

i mean how many people here have NOT whitened their teeth(in a dentist)?

i feel like every picture i see of someone, the person has glowing white teeth.

haha sorry, maybe im just stupid but is it really that common?

[sorry about my BAD english]

:D

I only recently jumped on the teeth whitening bandwagon but I know most of my friends haven't had their teeth whitened and feel they dont need to or simply dont have the funds to do it. Id say that most of the celebrities have had it done because they are paid to look good & perfectly white chompers always look gorgeous!

I've tried Crest white strips and for some reason, after having had them on a few minutes, one of my bottom teeth was way sensitive and it felt like the nerve was not responding well to the strip; I felt like I had a toothache. I really wanted to use the whole box but it's just painful for me :(

I've never done it. Teeth arent a big thing here. You can try using bicarb of soda, it apparently works.

i cant afford any expensive whitening techniques so i gargle with diluted hydrogen peroxide, this is the active ingredient in alot of whiteners and a bottle of it is like $1, after about a week of use people started asking me what i'm doing, i cant say if it works more dramatically than whitestrips or dental treaments but i'm happy with the results so far

I haven't had my teeth whitened. I find they stay clean just through brushing and using a mouthwash. I'm curious to try Crest Whitestips though.

I'm wanting to buy a teeth whitener, but I'm not sure which one to get since there's so many on the market right now. I've heard that Target Premium Whitening Strips are way better than the Crest ones + at half the cost, but I've also heard that the ones that come with the light are much better. Any suggestions?

How do people make their teeth almost pure white if the natural colour of their teeth is not white? Is that what bleaching does? Seems like a stupid question but I always thought bleaching just brings it back to the original colour.

Anyway, I drink lots (and I mean LOTS) of black coffee and red wine so my teeth get discoloured. I've tried Colgate's "Simply White" which is supposed to whitened your teeth after 2 weeks of use. I noticed that my teeth weren't as discoloured but it definitely wasn't white.

I'm now using Pearl Drops Toothpolish and I'm not sure of the results yet as I'm supposed to use it for 3 weeks. (I'm only on 1 week)

Bluestar07 make sure you dont drink any coffee or red wine while you are whitening your teeth because they tend to counteract the whole process and you probably wont see any results. Also often brands such as colgate make these promises but they might not make a huge difference. Restrictions on the levels of ingredients that result in the bleaching of the teeth are probably highly regulated so may not been strong enough to make a huge impact. Best bet is probably heading to your dentist. they have the very best information and will be able to answer all your questions :smile:

safe n white?

seems like noone has posted here for a while but here goes:

has anyone tried 'safe & white' ? I saw a package of the stuff in Boots...
It's apparently 100% safe because it doesn't use peroxide, its active ingredient is oxygen...sounds too good to be true??

www.safeandwhite.com

anyone?

kirreway said:
Bluestar07 make sure you dont drink any coffee or red wine while you are whitening your teeth because they tend to counteract the whole process and you probably wont see any results. Also often brands such as colgate make these promises but they might not make a huge difference. Restrictions on the levels of ingredients that result in the bleaching of the teeth are probably highly regulated so may not been strong enough to make a huge impact. Best bet is probably heading to your dentist. they have the very best information and will be able to answer all your questions :smile:

I'm late but thanks! :flower:

I cannot NOT drink coffee in the morning so I guess I cheated. But I usually apply it at night right before I go to bed.

My teeth aren't white they way they would be if I'd got them done professionally but they're definitely not as yellowish as before. I used the whitener and the toothpaste together.

I guess I've to go through the process every couple of months then.

my teeth are sensitive to it too, but you just don't wear it as long, then work your way up to it.
i might pick up some go smile ampules again.
you can buy them in packs of 8 at sephora, if you don't want to commit to the 80 dollar pack

lalablossoms said:
i cant afford any expensive whitening techniques so i gargle with diluted hydrogen peroxide, this is the active ingredient in alot of whiteners and a bottle of it is like $1, after about a week of use people started asking me what i'm doing, i cant say if it works more dramatically than whitestrips or dental treaments but i'm happy with the results so far

Do you just water down the peroxide and gargle? I have always wanted to try it I just wasn't sure it was safe.

please don't gargle w/hydrogen peroxide!
it's not safe . . the concentrations in the whitening gel are minute & that is extreme!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->