Terry Richardson - Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candie's Spring 2010 Campaign with Britney Spears and some backstage pictures

x-britney.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Terry has a unique style, and when the clients want that style its good too be alone with it. You will hear a lot of photographer scorn at his style as being "bad photography" but in the end of the day, a lot of people (me included) love the style and he is getting a lot of work.

There are others who have similar styles, the swedish art-photographer Knotan springs to mind, but in the end Terry's style is what he's famous for. And any photographer shooting in that style will remind the viewer of Terry which is kinda counter-productive for the photographer ;D

Keep going Terry, we love you here :D

I guess most of you have seen the Eniko and David pictures on Terry's diary ...
This is written "French Vogue" on most those ...
Anyone know if Eniko and David are working with Terry for a VP editorial ??????

* there was no picture of a stylist ..... but i guess this is for real, isn't it ?

probably for the june-july issue ????

A comment at The Imagist said it's for Vogue Hommes...

Editorial: Ford & Co
Magazine: Vogue France
Issue: December 2005/January 2006
Celebrities: Tom Ford scanned by tarsha

Muse #21 : Mariacarla Boscono via models.com

Top Gear
Model : MariaCarla Boscono

Models via tarsha
GQ March 2010 Jeff Bridges via gq.com

the behind the scenes pics of the aldo campaign

aldoshoes via jordanb

Self Service Fall/Winter 2005

I TEND TO WORK AGAINST MY OWN TASTE

Styling: Camille Bidault Waddington
M: Mariacarla Boscono, Elle, Jessica Robertson and Anja Gildum

*image missing*

scanned by static

Josh Hartnett GQ Magazine October 2006

diary.ru/~my-love-foto/p42627063.htm

H&M Magazine Spring 2010

H&M Magazine Spring 2010
New York City Girl
Model: Natasa Vojnovic
Photographer: Terry Richardson
Hair: Peter Gray
Makeup: Romy Soleimani
Stylist: George Cortina

Source: Scanned by Luxx @ sansartifice.com

Model snaps at fashion fotog

Posted: 11:59 PM, March 11, 2010

Supermodel Rie Rasmussen gave a furious tongue-lashing to fashion photographer Terry Richardson at a Paris fashion event and accused him of exploiting young models.

Bisexual beauty Rasmussen -- a vocal advocate of women's rights -- told Richardson she believes he abuses his power to put young girls into compromising positions.

Horrified Richardson quickly fled the March 8 party at club Le Montana in St. Germain and called her agency, One Management, the next day to complain, she told us.

The model and artist -- in Paris for the release of "Human Zoo," which she directed -- told us she was upset Richardson used her picture in his "Terryworld" book alongside shots of half-naked young girls depicted as performing sex acts.

"He takes girls who are young, manipulates them to take their clothes off and takes pictures of them they will be ashamed of. They are too afraid to say no because their agency booked them on the job and are too young to stand up for themselves.

"His 'look' is girls who appear underage, abused, look like heroin addicts . . . I don't understand how anyone works with him."

Rasmussen said: "I told him what you do is completely degrading to women. I hope you know you only [bleep] girls because you have a camera, lots of fashion contacts and get your pictures in Vogue.

"Instead of arguing with me, Terry ran out of the bar. Then the next day, he called my agency and complained I called him names in front of clients in Paris. It was the most cowardly thing I have ever seen."

New York-born Richardson -- seen mugging with President Obama on his Web site -- has photographed Leonardo DiCaprio, Lindsay Lohan and Jay-Z.

Richardson said in 2004: "I don't like to exploit anybody. Everyone has fun on my shoots." Richardson, his agent, manager and assistant did not return calls or e-mails. A rep at his agency, Art Partner, told us: "I don't know anything about this. Terry is on a plane from Paris."
nypost.com

"His 'look' is girls who appear underage, abused, look like heroin addicts . . . I don't understand how anyone works with him."

what. sorry rie i like you and all but i have to disagree.

wait.. Rie Rasmussen accused Terry Richardson of ulterior motives?

Quoting an interview with her:
"She snorts when people describe her as a Victoria’s Secret model. “The only time I worked for Victoria’s Secret was because I, like everybody else, wanted to **** a supermodel. And I did! And that was enough, for that one specific reason.”

http://www.observer.com/2007/rie-rasmussen-good-bad-gorgeous?page=0%2C1

Pot calling kettle black?

^ How is that pot calling kettle black? :blink:

What you quoted and what she accuses him of are entirely different things.

^ Yeah I didn't quite get that either :huh:
Does anyone else think that because she has worked with him in the past, she knows more than she is letting on??? Or maybe I am just speculating and reading more into it.:unsure:

I bet a lot of girls who did the Pirelli catalog last year are pretty embarrassed about those pictures. Their agencies should take better care of them.

The girls who are willing to work with him repeatedly ... well... if that's what it takes... no way.

Rather than argue the point, Richardson fled, then called Rasmussen's agency to complain. "It was the most cowardly thing I've ever seen," said the model.

I hope the agency told him he was cowardly too. Call the whaaaamulance!!!!

ok sorry, you are correct. Maybe i read a bit too much into the attitude of that article than was there. I blame my high fever right now :wink: She accuses him of molesting and possibly r*ping (sexually coercing atleast) young models using his connections in the fashion business as the leverage. That is very serious criminal charges she's accusing him of. If the top modelling agencies are turning a blind eye to a high profile photographer doing that, there is a bigger problem.

It just feels that at the level of media attention that Mr. Richardsson is working, if he was actually molesting his models, this would cause an outrage and probably criminal charges. He's known for taking very provocative images, and there is a lot of dislike against him like we've discussed before in this thread. So i do believe that if he actually did do any foul play, it would have been in the courtrooms and papers long before now.

Maybe Rie does know something we dont, but on the other hand calling him out infront of potential clients it just feels to me that it's a cheap shot to get some attention. He is an easy target for such attacks and Rie isn't exactly known for subtle debates. And the fact that she calls him a coward for not standing there shouting back at him infront of the créme de la créme of Paris fashion world doesnt ring too well with me either. She doesn't care about her image (according to herself), but Terry obviously does. Getting into a verbal fistfight before potential clients is extremely bad for business, and i am pretty sure the agency agrees with that.

You may disapprove with me about this, but to me, it just feels like attentiongrabbing. She obviously does not care for his style, and there are many who dont. There are also many who do.

Now this may be the fever talking again but thats how i feel right now =)

I'm of to get some proper meds and a warm cozy bed now. Ciao!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->