The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way things are develloping I don't think it will be long before the winter sales start When the winter collection is released... We used to call them the "January sales", but by january the sale is almost over...

Nice scarf, trenchcoat. I think it will go well with your natural coloring. I am not sure if you still have red hair?

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the dress:flower:
It arrived and it's a keeper but there are so many creases! If anyone has any advice on removing creases from silk (and travelling with a silk dress - in a cramped car) please do share!

fashionista-ta: I've actually done quite well with the clearout. I think it really gave me more peace of mind to not have the unwanted items weighing me down. (And great flats by the way.)

Hang it on a hanger, poke a hole in a large black trash bag and use it as a cover. Try to drape it across the other luggage or hang it in the car if there is room. That's my advice:flower:

I usually just take the dress into the shower, "hose it down" and hang to dry. I can't afford dry cleaners:/

^ That's pretty much the advice I found online too - good ideas so thanks! :smile: I never use dry cleaners either, too much money and too much hassle for me.

The sales here usually start the week before christmas I think.
I have my eyes on some things, so all I have to do is wait.. :shifty:

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the dress:flower:
It arrived and it's a keeper but there are so many creases! If anyone has any advice on removing creases from silk (and travelling with a silk dress - in a cramped car) please do share!

fashionista-ta: I've actually done quite well with the clearout. I think it really gave me more peace of mind to not have the unwanted items weighing me down. (And great flats by the way.)

Have you tried ironing it? You might want to do that once you reach your destination. If you do it ahead of time, you could try stuffing the sleeves, etc. with tissue paper.

You people are posting way to much - I can not keep up :lol:

@Eizhowa: I could think of less comfortable ways to drown as well - but it just do not look on me :wink: Happy you like your sweater.

And expensive necklaces, me? :wink: I really like the scarf - nice statement piece.

I have decided not to buy a new blazer - turned out that noone really follow the "blazer on saturdays" codex, so my old one will be fine. I only use it for work, so I have just put it in my locker down there, but I mainly use it when I need an extra layer. Thank you for thinking of me, though. I like the one you've posted.

@Jina: I love that watch!

@Ta-ta: those gloves sounds divine! Also I love your PJs and the statement sweater - very nice.

@Barbara: congrats on getting your first car!

@Ganybelle: such a pretty dress! I would say put the dress in a garment bag and put in on top of everything else in the car. Thats what I do when we travel to my family for fancier occasions.

@Fewormany: Love the game of thrones pun :wink:

I cannot remember if I wrote this, but I bought the flower skirt and so far I am really happy with it. I am also really enjoying the grey sweater I bought at Benneton. It is so nice and soft and warm. Also the fit is really flattering - I have never had a sweater that showed of my curves like that. Therefore I am contemplating buying it in black too, if I can find one. Unfortunately it is a seasonal style. Shame, since it is really great. I have the Uniqlo sweater, but it is not that warm and unfortunately it is really fragile as well and has already gotten a hole.

Other than that I am really pleased with my wardrobe ATM. I was thinking wether I made a bad decission by purchasing the Fjällräven parka last year since I barely used it, but I am wearing it every day at the moment, since nothing else can keep me warm. Also fits my style better this year somehow, looks great with my grey beanie, the acne scarf and my white/gold sneakers.

Thanks, betina, and glad your pieces are working so well for you :flower: The parka should last you forever ... I guess maybe you'll wear it some years more than others?

My shoes are going back ... they are cut differently than the captoe ones I have, and I don't really care for this style. Also, the patent captoes kind of pucker up when I put them on, and it's just not a good look ... I can also see a seam inside across the toe, which isn't true of my other ones. Not sure yet what plan B is going to be. I considered ordering both pairs of shoes on Monday & returning one, and it looks like that's what I should have done ...

Still waiting for the trousers to arrive. I was impressed how fast my shoe package got here from the UK ... the same day as my Nordstrom makeup order from last Saturday.

@Ta-ta: I aggree - the quality is really great. I guess I might not be wearing it as my everyday outerwear for winter when I get my first "real adult job", but if it is still going strong by then, it might come in handy in my spare time (I suppose I am going to have kids at some point). Also, I don't think I will end up in a job with a too formal dress code now that I am majoring in environmental matters, but I do not know wether that is the case or just my imagination :wink:

Sorry about the shoes, but it is a good thing that you are aware that they will not work out for you.

Also, I am thinking, that besides from (perhaps) getting that Benneton sweater in black as well, I might try not to shop any more for the current season. I really like my wardrobe ATM and my wishlist is short. Not sure how easy it is going to be with the sales coming up, but I do not need anything and doesn't have anything I am waiting to be marked down.

ATM my wishlist contains only these items:

This season:
- Black Femilet Lulu bra with wide lace straps (on my christmas wishlist)
- Black Benneton sweater (not sure wether to get it or not, and if it is not available I will try to get by with the one from Uniqlo for the remaining part of the winter season).

Spring 15:
- White tee
- Trenchcoat (still not sure wether I really want/need this or not, since I have my black Noa Noa coat from last year)

General wishes:
- Mulberry Agenda calendar (not in a rush though)
- Mulberry Willow (not anytime soon, perhaps some day. I do not really need a new bag ATM anyway)

I would love to see the Benneton knits you keep talking about, Betina - all I ever seem to find there is acrylic, which is a shame, as I really like their aesthetic but am looking into improving my knits :(

I received the trousers from yoox on thursday and they're great, fit very nicely and I can really tell they are good quality - overall very pleased, despite the fact yoox has an awfully high shipping rate!

I also got my order from ASOS yesterday and was very pleased with everything, especially the skirt! It's some sort of thick knit rather than a print, as I thought it would be, but that means it's perfect for these days. Am actually wearing it as we speak ^_^

Meanwhile I ordered a pair of black skinny jeans from Cheap Monday - still waiting for them to arrive, but was very pleased with their customer service, as I had a few problems with their Cyber Monday promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
^they have a simple wool sweater (lambswool) that comes with both O-neck, V-neck, turtleneck and as cardigan, which I have been pleased with in the past. I wore my one black o-neck almost every day during the winter, and it lasted me to seasons.

The grey one I just got is the "pin up" model which is a little more expensive (but still cheap IMO) which is a wool/angora/cashmere/viscose/polyamid blend, but apperently that is not a part of their never out of stock collection.

@Ta-ta: I aggree - the quality is really great. I guess I might not be wearing it as my everyday outerwear for winter when I get my first "real adult job", but if it is still going strong by then, it might come in handy in my spare time (I suppose I am going to have kids at some point). Also, I don't think I will end up in a job with a too formal dress code now that I am majoring in environmental matters, but I do not know wether that is the case or just my imagination :wink:

Sorry about the shoes, but it is a good thing that you are aware that they will not work out for you.

Well, you never know ... I could wear it to work, as our dress code is jeans anytime, unless we have something going on that calls for something more formal.

I also think you should get the black sweater if you can. Don't let the grass grow under your feet if there's something uniquely flattering :wink:

Barbara, glad the trousers worked out so well! Does the free shipping code from Pinterest not apply to your location? I got free shipping for mine ... and it occurs to me to wonder where they are. I'm going to go track my order ...

PS Looks like they only shipped it on Wednesday.

I looked around for shoe Plan B ... it won't be the other shoe I was considering as they are now 100% sold out. It looks like all current-season captoe are this style I just got and don't like. I probably need to go shopping and look at some in person, though there are only a few places to see any examples locally. That's what I did originally to determine my correct size and preferred style, and I thought I'd only have to do it once. It appears to me that the redesign could have been for cost-saving reasons, which is a bit irritating.

I did find some I like a lot, but they are snakeskin. I found two retailers, one in the US selling for full price (a very impressive price ...), and one in the EU with a markdown. However, the notes say they will not ship outside the EU, which I think may be because of the snakeskin :( It isn't restricted in the state where I live, but it is in California. That may be the problem. So, I'm still thinking ...

Annoying your shoes didn't work out as you hoped fashionista-ta. And indeed exotic skins can limit the shipping options.

Love it your purchases are working out nicely barbaraaa.

My 'sale' cashmere sweater from the Outnet is nice, so I have already worn it. And I spotted my next sale item, black ankle boots 40% off, from my sale wishlist. Yay! :lol:

^ Did you post the sweater already ... am I losing track? :lol:

Sadly it appears the shoes I like are not going on sale right now, as they already have 30-40% off going on other items. I am tempted to ask when they will, but that would be a little ballsy, considering I am not a regular customer :wink:

PS I would like to join the EU ... are they taking individual membership applications? :lol:

^No, I haven't posted a pic (yet), because it's just a simple black sweater. And I'm also losing track sometimes, I think... :wink:
You can join us mere mortals in the EU! We can invent membership applications. :Pink:

^No, I haven't posted a pic (yet), because it's just a simple black sweater. And I'm also losing track sometimes, I think... :wink:
You can join us mere mortals in the EU! We can invent membership applications. :Pink:

You could always join us on Pinterest :wink: Makes it easier to post & share everything ... and I find the wishlist board very helpful for comparing options. I do wish you could drag your pin around and rearrange them though.

I want an honorary membership with very real benefits :lol:

fashionista-taI think there are some actual countries waiting for membership, but you can always try. We could serve as your references. :wink:

On another subject, I'm already tired of dressing for winter. Even though everything in my wardrobe functions fine I'm a S/S-dresser at heart. It's so much easier, no need for layers or scarves, gloves and such. The fact that our "winter" is not really that cold also makes it more difficult, I'm always dressed to warm it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->