The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
^That scarf looks very lovely! I like the detailing and the color sure does pop:wink:

If anyone of you come across a watch similar to this Westwood watch, please let me know. I don't like the little pokemon ball (??) with a crown or the '"Vivenne Westwood" inscription on this exact watch. It could be either gold toned or silver toned, but the strap needs to be leather. I am looking to spend about 100-200 GBP. I like that the watch is not too small or too oversized:smile:

bhdo53.jpg

dbmb00.jpg

asos

Do any of you guys know how long watches around the 200 GBP point look good? My last watch got a ugly pink tinge when the silver color top layer got scratched.

Anyone know if silver toned or gold toned watches last the longest?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend getting a stainless steel watch ... it will have no finish to wear off. For not that much money, you should be able to get a watch that will last for decades at least.

^ I agree, and even then you can get your strap replaced easily or the face/whole watch polished.

No chance stainless steel comes in gold? I have been googling and I find myself more drawn to the gold/black watches:innocent::angel:

Thanks for your input:smile::flower:

Don't know if some watches have brass as basic material? Then you would have also a gold colour.

No chance stainless steel comes in gold? I have been googling and I find myself more drawn to the gold/black watches:innocent::angel:

Thanks for your input:smile::flower:

Of course they do. :smile: My DKNY watch is said to be of polished rose gold-tone stainless steel. I found and pinned you a similar model I think you will like, when checking the material.

I have a Movado/ESQ watch that was the first nice one I ever bought with a gold finish--possibly gold plated? I'm not sure. It was <$500 about 25 years ago. Its finish is still good. I did ding the sapphire crystal, which probably could be polished out, or I'm sure replaced. I've bought a number of new bands for it.

I would suggest just going a bit nicer than the Westwood watch, which looks costume to me ... it's diamonds or a major name that makes a watch expensive. You can get something good for a modest investment that will really last ...

^The things is, I am not sure how large an investment I want to make right now. Right now I am a student with a very small incomme (although I hope it doesn't show by my footwear:wink:), but I could earn a lot more in very few years. It would make a lot more sense to make a bigger investment then. And I am sure that my baby sister wouldn't mind a nice "new" used watch in a few years time:wink:

I agree that the Westwood one looks costume-y. There is a reason I don't want to buy that exact watch. What I quite liked about the watch is the how the leather doesn't quite touch the watch itself. It seemed like a nice detail. It also didn't have rhinestones or oversized roman numerals/numbers in an ugly font. I am looking for something very plain and delicate. Ironically, I can usually find the style/color combination I want in the display cases of the budget/cheap watches, but of course all the details are off by a mile...

Jinadaze: Thats great news for me!:D Thank you for your recommendations on Pinterest!:flower:

Trenchcoat: I googled Michael Kors, but none of the watches appear small enough for my taste, and the font was not quite what I wanted. I am picky, I know... but it gives me hope that your watch is still going strong!

Fortunately, a watch is not an immediate need for me... I have a watch on my phone, and so does everyone else:P I am just looking for a bracelet that isn't just a bracelet:wink:

^ Yes, I did wait until I'd graduated and had a job to buy the watch I mentioned ... but I will say that you will be surprised later in life at the amount of disposable income you had while living with your parents :wink: Once you're supporting yourself, and most definitely once you're a homeowner, it's never the same again ...

I'm not able to pin on your recommendations board eizhowa, so I'll post it here. This Nixon watch looks pretty good to me, I like how minimal it is on the detailing. It isn't as classic as the watch you posted though.

image1xl.jpg

asos.com

^Nice classic watch.
@eizhowa, maybe you'll like some watches from Tommy Hilfiger, Raymond Weil or Larsson & Jennings. I don't wear any watches anymore because all around me I can see the time and I haven't seen a watch I like in a long time, it feels just easier this way.

@Fewormany, maybe you'll like Folk shoes?

^^ I've been eyeing that Nixon watch for some time, I love how simple it is.

@fashionista-ta: I like the colour of that scarf, very pretty. :flower:

I impulsively ordered a pair of ankle boots in the sales a few weeks ago, and received them today. They are really nice but unfortunately they are too high in the shaft to work for me so I think they'll have to go back. :( Shame, because I had begun counting on them to work as a transitional piece for early spring (and autumn too), so I'm considering looking for another pair. I love Nymphea's chelsea boots from Church, but they are a little too pricey for me atm. Does anyone know of a source for something similar at a slightly lower price point?

I also found a black wool blazer from Malene Birger that looks very nice (at 50% off), that I plan to track down in store to try on. Online shopping is clearly not my game. :rolleyes:

Thanks Nymphaea! :smile: I quite like those, but neither are available in my size unfortunately (36). Couldn't find any on the Massimo Dutti site...how is the general quality of that brand? I've only been to the store once and wasn't too impressed on first impression...

Also, an update on Equipment - I tried on one of their shirts today and they are too big and too long (surprise!). I tried an xs and it reached past my butt...:huh: That won't work for me. So the search continues for a two pocket white shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't bought anything from Massimo yet, Trenchcoat has I believe. I'll remember your size!

Sorry about the late reply. I have been under the weather and making scentences was hard... I tried twice and just gave up:P

Fashionista: I do live on my own, but I do also realise that it will be a while untill I have so much disposable income. No kids, no other obligations, very low living costs, a decent part time job and the standard government scholarship adds up to a lot of shoes:innocent:

Fewormany, that is a really nice watch! I like that it is just two colors (black and gold), instead of gold, black and white. However, I would like a watch that smaller. Almost everything is oversized today, so I don't know if it will be easy to find though.

Nymphaea: I haven't worn a watch in a long time either. I was initially looking for a bracelet, but I felt more comfortable spending money on something that is at least semi-functional. I have a tough time buying bracelets, because I get tired of them so quick or realize the style were all wrong for me... And I find myself without a phone or people to ask for the time all the time...

Caramel, how did it go with the blazer? I think I know the one. They didn't have it in my town though.

I think I have to put the search on the backburner for now. I feel completely drained after the week I have had and thinking is so hard right now:P

Hope you're feeling better, eizhowa! :flower:

The blazer didn't work for me unfortunately, the cut was not as slim as I'd like and again it was too long (I'm getting very tired of this conundrum!). I found one from Tiger of Sweden that I liked the fit of (I think it was the Emily-blazer) but I think the fabric on the one from Malene Birger was nicer...I've also seen one online from Filippa K that I'd like to try, but my hopes aren't too high.

I'm in this mood at the moment where I just want to buy everything. I'm finding lots of nice things that I want and convince myself that I need and am generally feeling a little impatient, despite being quite happy with my current wardrobe. Usually it's been the other way around for me, that I feel like my wardrobe is missing something but I can't find anything that I like and want to buy. It feels very strange, but perhaps it is a sign that I need to take a step back and not buy anything for a while. :innocent:

I did buy a t-shirt yesterday, the same one that Betina got a while back from Gina Tricot, but in pale grey. I've found it so hard to find that particular shade of grey, so I couldn't let it go.

Re. watches: I'm completely dependent on wearing a watch, I've never really gotten used to relying on my phone for that. Though I am a little embarrassed to admit that the watch that I am currently using came with a magazine subscription. :innocent: It is stainless steel and leather though, and actually doesn't look too bad. :lol: I've grown out of my old one (stylewise), and I haven't yet found anything I like enough to invest in so it will have to do for now. I have a vintage gold plated watch too which is very nice but more fragile, so I don't like wearing it every day. I also prefer fairly small watches, as my wrists are small. I tried on my sister's watch from Daniel Wellington and the watch face kept bumping into my wrist bone, it was very uncomfortable. Seems like oversized is the thing right now, in watches too. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinnybackstage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->