The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your kind remarks! :flower:

My wishlist (but don't need anything :D) atm is:
- Black wide boxy blouse.
- Black blazer. This one is going to be difficult because seeing it on a pic and trying it in real life are two very different things. I want a lot of wool in it.
- Gold earrings, I like some from Jennifer Meyer.
- Crossbody bag.
- Used black jeans.
- Camel colour top (probably knitwear) and skirt.
- Lace ups/oxfords black.
- Try some flats from Repetto and others or flat sandals.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Iam guessing we are talking about new black jeans with a "used" wash?:wink: I know Acne makes some:smile:

Really nice wishlist btw. All the items sound lovely!

I don't think finding a black blazer with a high wool content will be as difficult for you, being both tall and not a "starving student":wink:

^Haha :lol:, yes no problems here. Although it is sometimes a bit cold at my height I have to say. :P
Yes a used wash I mean, I will probably end up at Acne because it also has to be high waisted and I already got a nice one from them.
But I'll be taking my time, maybe I can contain myself and wait for the next sale. :smartass:

Caramel: I have the meridien II (I think:S) in XS. It is really big on me, because it is a unisex style. When I bought it I was looking for a thick and not-too-feminine breton. I like the look of mine, but if you want something with fitted shoulders and not too long in the arms, you should look elsewhere:wink: The guildo is also unisex, so you might have the same issue with that model.

Thanks for the feedback. I know the Guildo is also unisex (which really seems to mean it's cut for men), but the description says it's form fitting as opposed to straight cut, and has 7/8 sleeves. It also comes in XXS, so I was thinking perhaps it wouldn't be quite as oversized as some of the other models...we'll see. :wink:

I would say that my XS shirt is a mens XS. It certainly isn't a womans XS, but you can buy it in the mens and womens section of the SJ website.

I wear a women's L and fit in a men's XS... I was very insecure about my arms and cleavage as a teen so I bought a couple of men's tees back then (still do, for different reasons however!) and I always got XS. You might want to take that into consideration!

^Oversized clothing is very fashionable, so a XS tee can still fit a large in many cases. The size on the label is not very important anymore. I remmeber a classmate wearing this supersized tee once... it was XS... Everyone found it very amusing:D

I have a Saint James XS Minquiers 10 and it's oversized but not too much in my opinion. I'm short and normally a size (women's) S. The only problem is the sleeves are very oversized but I kind of like that (and I normally roll them up anyways).

^Yes, the only way I notice mine is unisex is the shoulders/sleevelength.

Nymphaea, I love your chelsea boots too! <3 The leather looks magnificent; very shiny but not patent. Speaking of patent shoes, I picked up mine today, had them at cobbler's that has glued a nice ribbed sole to them (I hate that every elegant pair of shoes has a glass-smooth sole). I also had to get my taupe Kurt Geiger bag repaired of which handle has been a bit torn for quite a while. I think my biggest investment for next season will be a new black leather bag. Preferably cross-body satchel with a handle on top. I would've buy a Coccinelle bag now, but I don't feel like spending that kind of money at this time. Me and my boyfriend will have some major renovations in our apartment this year, so I'm quite releaved my wardrobe doesn't have any remarkable wholes in it.

@Nymphea love your boots! They look so well made. I have the Meridien 2 and have the XS they run very big.

This is a summery of basically all i need at the moment. Summer will be hard for me, I love winter clothes!! Any tips to add to my wardrobe?

vestiairescollectives.com / vestiairescollectives.com / cheapmonday.com / cheapmonday.com / vestiairescollectives.com / vestiairescollectives.com / cosstores.com / net-a-porter.com / vestiairescollectives.com / net-a-porter.com / bijenkorf.nl / bijenkorf.nl / vestiairescollectives.com / vestiairescollectives.com / vestiairescollectives.com/ apc.fr / balenciaga.com / vestiairescollectives.com / vestiairescollectives.com/ vestiairescollectives.com/

I've been admiring the same Church chelsea boots Nymphaea got for quite a while. But I don't think they would suit my style, plus I don't own any black items beside my wayfarers so they wouldn't really fit in. It might be time to step away from wearing mostly sneakers (why are they so comfortable? :ninja:) and shake things up a little. It's a shame that there aren't that much options between sneakers and dress shoes for men.

^My hubby has the male version and they are also quite nice, not too dressy and not too casual. I was hesitant for a while buying myself the same boots because of my style, but it's just getting used to them and see all the outfit possibilities. And I'm contemplating some sneakers. :lol:

^^Ballet flats cause calluses and often lack support (Not Porselli of course). High heels kill feet. Sure you want to be in that club?:lol:

Dress shoes, sneakers, chelsea boots, army boots, sandals, loafers, boat shoes and various adaptations... But I guess women do have more choice, because we can wear all styles of shoes without getting weird glances:wink:

Looks like a very nice wardrobe, trenchcoat!:flower: A light summer scarf maybe?

^ There is a part of me that enjoys 'weird' glances :wink: Some people need their world shaken up a bit ...

ebay

We've had some warmer weather, and I was convinced I'd be able to wear my new blouse tonight. Which I did, but it was raining and in the high 40s to 50s, and the sleeves aren't really coat-friendly. So I bought this wrap ... I wanted the raspberry color, but they didn't have any. I also considered a pink paisley wrap, but this color really popped. It's cashmere/silk, nice and warm ...

Attachments

• bajra pink.jpg
    bajra pink.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo