The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've seen and tried the two totes from my pinterest. When wearing them, both weren't perfect. The tote from G has a too short shoulder strap, so I can't wear it crossbody and the one from P holds it shape unfortunately like the official pic because of the shoulder strap attached at the ends and it's quite large.
But I've tried on ankle boots from Church and they were very nice, so they're mine now. :cool:

Well, I've seen and tried the two totes from my pinterest. When wearing them, both weren't perfect. The tote from G has a too short shoulder strap, so I can't wear it crossbody and the one from P holds it shape unfortunately like the official pic because of the shoulder strap attached at the ends and it's quite large.
But I've tried on ankle boots from Church and they were very nice, so they're mine now. :cool:

Well, that's nothing to sneeze at then :flower: Congrats on the boots. Bags are very difficult, I think ...

People sometimes think that I like blue, but I hate blue. I like the very dark navy colour, and was looking for a longer cardigan a bit over the hip bones. Would love to combine it with a black cami and some red lips.

I'm the same, I usually don't let a drop of blue touch my wardrobe nor my home (I even hide the toothpaste :ninja:--sorry, color-control-freak here), but do love wearing navy/indigo. That combo with black cami and red lips sounds super lovely :heart:

Eizhowa I was just looking at some French sole flats in London; they're gorgeous and I love the shallow toe box (toe cleavage:heart:) but I figured they require very narrow feet. Thanks for the mittens tip, good advice.

Barbaraa I agree, I always go for cashmere-lined leather gloves too. And I stock up on and swear by Uniqlo heat-tech stuff for warmth...tights, socks, l/s tees, etc.

I'm pretty happy with my F/W wardrobe and my S/S so I guess I'm pretty much all set other than a few repairs. I could still ostensibly do with a spring coat and a pair of sunglasses, but we'll see, as I have other exciting things I want to spend my money on right now. Actually, the sales period right now is probably a good time to buy replacement black booties for next winter, but I already have so many black booties I just can't get myself to go there...:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Which hero can help me find this jumper (colour!). Ive added it no my wishlist

theoutnet.com

Grey skinny
Navy cardigan
White blouse
Navy porselli
Navy dress

So, with the fear of jinxing it ... I've now almost finished my first month of no buying clothes. Probably a no brainer for a lot of you, but I think it has been a year since I went for a whole month and did not buy anything.

So far I am really happy with it - I am even beginning to find new combinations in my wardrobe (I guess creativity never have to kick in, when you constantly keep adding new things). Today I wore my 5preview dress with the long, grey cardigan and short, heeled boots. Worked out very well - I usually find the dress a bit too dressy for every day wear, but it worked perfect with the cardigan. Also I have started wearing lipstick again - I had forgotten how much fresher it can make you look.

I will allow myself to use that gift certificate that I got for christmas last year, if something interesting comes along, though. Otherwise I think my only purchases for the next few months will be workout gear (I need new gym shoes)

^Sounds like a great outfit! Have you read The Nife en l'Airs blog? She went on a 6 month shopping ban and always has some really insightful personal stories about consumerism etc.

The blog: http://the-nife.blogspot.no/

I'd like to pat myself on the back and say that I have been very creative with my own wardrobe as well. I have become the queen of layering this winter. No cold is going to get at me!

Congrats on the boots Nymphaea! :flower: It's so hard to find the right bag, even harder than shoes I think.

Well done Betina! Perhaps you've said it before, but how long are you planning to go without purchasing anything? I've never done a strict shopping fast, but I've gone fairly long periods without buying anything in the past, and it always surprised me how quickly I got used to it and how quickly the need for 'stuff' disappeared.

I'm still thinking about a bag, but it's difficult when most options aren't available for me to see in person. I don't want to rush it, so I'm putting it on hold for now. I'm planning a US trip in April, so I might wait and see if I can find something while I am there. So for now I am focusing on a wishlist for s/s. Unfortunately, the more I think about it the more it grows, so it's definitely longer than I'd like at this point! :lol: This is what I am thinking so far, though it will likely change somewhat:

• White shirt - I am wondering about an Equipment silk shirt. Do any of you have experience with those? I'm a little unsure of the fit because I don't want anything too oversized. Something in the same style might work too though.
  • A new Saint James breton - since my second striped top is dying I need a replacement, and I've been very happy with this brand, but again I am a little worried about the sizing. I want a more relaxed fit than the Galathee, but I worry that the unisex models are too big. My boyfriend has one in a size small (the Minquiers 10 I think) and it's way too big for me, so I worry that even xs would be too big.
  • Ballerina flats - I haven't decided on the colour yet, but perhaps nude or tan?
  • Black blazer - I am not looking forward to searching for this...:doh:
  • Sunglasses - tortoise Wayfarers I think.
  • Summer dress - I am thinking something grey, fitted at the waist, cotton/linen/silk/viscose - something with a good drape yet not too flowy/clingy. I might sew something if I can find the time and the right fabric.
  • White short sleeve t-shirt - round, not too high neck (I like to show a little collar bone), big plus if the sleeves are long enough to roll, a pocket is also a bonus.

^ Not surprising I suppose...in which way though? Too boxy?

Ugh. I just wrote a long post this morning before going to work, but apperently it didnt get posted -.-

@Eizhowa: I have read a few of her posts, but I will definetely give her blog a 2nd look - thank you! Nice with the layering skills. I stocked up on knitwear (two sweaters, a cardigan and a coatigan) since I was expecting to be freezing - the past few winters I have had to wear a woolen l/s tee and a woolen sweater with everything through the entire winter, but this year I have been able to wear a just a t-shirt under my mohair cardi a lot of days. Need I say that I havent worn those sweaters too much?

@Caramel: my original intention was to just make it to the end of the season (the end of february) since Ive used the amount of purchases that I "allowed" myself at the beginning of the AW season, but I am planning on keeping on going till mid april, if possible. My boyfriend and I are talking about going to London during the spring though, and I want to be able to shop there. I find that it gets easier in time as well. I have gone for a month or so without buying anything fashion-related quite some times in the past without it being a big deal, but I shopped a lot last year and although I got some great things that I wear a lot, and it was somewhat neccesary since my style changed a lot, I wanna shop a lot less in the future and spend less money on clothes. I am really happy with my wardrobe at this point and I would rather buy less and be able to save and travel more. Also I would really like to save money for that bag Ive been eyeing for ages - not sure I would ever be able to spend that kind of money on a bag even if I had them, but I would have the money for something else then.

What kind of bag is it you are searching for again? I will keep my eyes open. Good idea to wait for USA though.

In regards of the breton, please let me know what you decide. I think I will be getting the CDG one, but I still want to try the Saint James and the classic Nørgaard, which should be quite good as well.

Doesnt uniqlo make silk shirts?

I bought a black washed silk shirt from uniqlo. I think it is really nice. The sleeves are not too long, and it is not too baggy or long. I don't know how transparent the white ones are, because I never tried one on.

Good luck on the blazer, Caramel:P

Nymphaea: Did we ever see a picture of those shoes from Church? I forget:/

^ Looking at Uniqlo's silk shirts their whitest one is offwhite, and I need something white white. Offwhite makes me look :sick: The shirt I am looking for doesn't necessarily have to be silk though, as long as it's lightweight it could be cotton or linen too. The style is most important. I used to have a white linen shirt like that which I loved to death. I'll go and try on an Equipment shirt too to see what they are like.

@Betina: I am looking for a black leather tote for work/school. I really like the one you showed me from Milli Millu, but I'm hesitant to buy something that pricey when I haven't seen it in person (unless it's from somewhere with free and easy returns). But I do like the fairly simple tote shape with a pocket on the front, and the straps need to be long enough to wear over the shoulder.

@eizhowa, you have a Saint James breton don't you? Which model do you have and how is the fit?
I'm looking at the Saint James website and there are some other models that I haven't seen or considered, the Guildo for example, which is also unisex but more fitted. I want something less fitted than the one I have, but if it's a men's cut it might still work. Has anyone seen that one?

eizhowa this article reminded me of you. :flower:

I'm also curious about your Church shoes Nymphea, pictures please? :wink:

Here they are! :D
my pics

Attachments

• Shoes 002.jpg
    Shoes 002.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Shoes 003.jpg
    Shoes 003.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1
Fewormany: Thanks for the link. Rust is my color:wink:

Caramel: I have the meridien II (I think:S) in XS. It is really big on me, because it is a unisex style. When I bought it I was looking for a thick and not-too-feminine breton. I like the look of mine, but if you want something with fitted shoulders and not too long in the arms, you should look elsewhere:wink: The guildo is also unisex, so you might have the same issue with that model.

Nymphaea: I already said this in the other thread, but those shoes are gorgeous! Churchs makes such nice shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->