The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Haha :P It is odd how I somehow feel more comfortable in a bikini than I would in a bra and knickers of the same size and shape.

Unfortunately, a jersey knit does not look like swimwear once it touches water :wink:

Anyone here familiar with french sizing? A 36FR is a 34EU right?

^ I'm familiar with French sizing, but not EU :wacko: Probably because my membership hasn't come thru yet ...

42FR = 46IT

What I find a bit stunning is that some buyers here don't seem to understand this, and seem to buy the 'same' (in numbers) size run in French and Italian sizes. You would think it would be their job to understand this sizing ...

Probably there's a thread around here about this ... maybe in the shopping forum?

I don't even know what Portuguese sizes are... if they are EU or FR, it's all so complicated!

692f60fda2cb7c24c7c00fbf4323ed4a.jpg

efootwear.eu

Bought this at a really nice discount for summer :smile: Also trying to avoid shopping for the two weddings I'm attending in the next couple of months

^ Fun tennis shoes!

My sweater arrived yesterday, wearing it today with my new black skirt, 3/4 sleeve black cardigan, and purple shoes. Very happy with it :heart: This is the first floral print I've gotten in a long time. Maybe I'll do more now that I've broken the ice ...

The sweater is quite lightweight ... I should be able to wear it year-round despite the bit of cashmere.

Btw, that designer tag that says imperfections are not imperfections :rolleyes: The one that came on this said something about, Due to the nature of the print, imperfections should be considered features. What?! Imperfections in leather, OK ... but imperfections in a machine print are not features, they're called mistakes. Thankfully, I didn't observe any 'features' :D

@Ta-ta: well, with the EU skepticism, I guess now is your opportunity to apply for that membership :wink: Great that you are happy with your purchase, despite that "imperfections tag". Seems like a "better save than sorry" approach from the brand, just like when the laundry tag says that you plain cotton tee can only be dry cleaned.

@Eizhowa:
thx!

@Barbaraa: nice shoes!

My fave jeans, the blue kickflares I got in the beginning of the year just went on sale in black (with a high/mid waist, mine are low waist). I was kinda considering getting them, since I am really not happy about the black kick flares I got around the same time. Good jeans are hard to come by. On the other hand, I think I would rather put my money towards that skirt. The webshop that stocks it has started their sale, but it is not included. Not sure if it will be later on.

^ It's true, good jeans are always excellent to have in your closet. Which skirt are you considering?

Btw, I wore the new sweater layered with my new white T yesterday to brunch, and today to work with my purple T (which I think works a little better, in part because the sleeves are longer). So thanks for the idea :flower:

^ It's true, good jeans are always excellent to have in your closet. Which skirt are you considering?

Btw, I wore the new sweater layered with my new white T yesterday to brunch, and today to work with my purple T (which I think works a little better, in part because the sleeves are longer). So thanks for the idea :flower:

Good jeans are hard to come by indeed, but on the other hand, I kinda prefer light denim, so maybe I'm good (albeit the black ones may come ind handy for AW).

It is the IM wrap skirt on my wishlist board :smile: I was kinda expecting it to get marked down, but the sales has started and it is still full price.

Glad you are enjoying your new piece!

I was looking at a skirt on Matches fashion waiting for it to go on sale. It went from having all but one size in stock to being completely sold out within a day even though it didn't get marked down, which strikes me as a bit odd. Does anyone know if Matches ship leftover stock somewhere, like NAP do with the outnet? I really want that skirt.

It is marked down and available in white, whereas I wanted the black one, but I am considering ordering it - if nothing else I can check out the size.

^I've experienced the exact same situation at NAP, I guess they marked it down through a private/vip sale, very annoying!

Which skirt was it Betina? I think you said you pinned it, but I didn't find it.

@Nymphaea: Ugh, that sounds so annoying! Not sure that makes sense when it is still there in another colour?

@Eizhowa: it is on a secret board, sorry - I've invited you now :flower:

I am starting to think about AW. My most important purchase this year should be a pair of boots. I am considering getting a new pair of ACNE pistol boots - best boots I ever had and definetely worth the cost thinking in cost per wear. I am a bit tempted to see if I can score a pair of JW Anderson ruffle boots in the sale though. They are just not as classic and it also seems like you have to be a bit more careful with them (especially the suede version), so maybe the ACNEs are a better investment.

Managed to find the skirt at another site where it is marked as "permanent". Maybe it has been taken off the other site temporarily since it is part of the new collection too :unsure:

So, I bought the skirt via the other shop, and the fit is super weird. It is a faux wrap, and therefore not adjustable - I could get it over my hips, but once put on it is so loose around the waist that it seems at least 2 sizes larger = not the right size for me at all. I am considering ordering the size smaller to see if that will help, since it otherwise is a really nice skirt, but tbh I am not sure I will be able to get it over my hips if smaller.

Oh, I hate clothing with awkward sizing...

I have been feeling rather unstylish lately :lol: it's probably silly, I know... but I really need to go through my closet, which I have no time for at the moment. Pinterest comes in handy here - I am creating two boards, "things to throw away" and "things to fix" and am carefully going through my pins... which of course isn't as good as really, physically going through my belongings, but it does help!

Fun story: I went to a wedding a week ago and I took this old (maybe 5 years?) PU bag. I hadn't touched it in years (since I got my satchels), but it was a really cute bag. The age, associated with the fact that it is synthetic, had it pretty much disintegrate :lol: so there goes another vote for buying good quality items.

^ I don't think it has anything to do with the material though. I've had some PU bags for ages and some leather ones were destroyed in just one season. I find PU pretty durable, I just prefer the look and feel of real leather. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->