The Business of Magazines

I think this makes it very clear that Alt will no longer be part of Vogue Paris. Maybe she and the existing team were invited to Jacquemus, Alaïa, etc. because of the friendship. I know I’d invite her out of respect.

Hmm, I don't think so. If she's out, an announcement would have been made by now. There's a reason why they announce major departures like these, one of which is to serve as a notice that Alt no longer represents VP, so any representations made by her will no longer bind VP and/or CN. The fact that we speculate that the "VP Team" was still in "Jacquemus" is exactly why announcements are made. The mere presence of Alt amounts to the presence of Vogue Paris. She is VP.

Not saying that Alt leaving is ruled out. It could be that CN and Alt came to an agreement that she will leave after April 2022 or by the end of 2021. But the fact that she is still in the front row means she's still in her seat.

At this point, I'd wait for French media to start the rumors. Not Western writers. Its easy to start rumors about xxx's departure if you just pay attention to what's happening. Heck, we here even have our picks as to who's next. lol

Vanessa's writing/criticism drives me kinda nuts. Also, I find it irritating that diversity & not being an "abusive" boss are incompatible with having high standards and a POV. I am <30 and have far more respect for Angelica or Emannuelle than Margaret Zhang...

Not fashion, but Rolling Stone is launching a UK edition this autumn. It’ll be part of the same group as Attitude. Digital and a print title.

They could have launched the UK edition of Rolling Stone at any time during the last fifty years or so, and it would have made more of an impact than whatever this will be. Given that very few media companies are currently investing in proper writing, it's highly likely to be a "digital-led" newsletter full of reworded PR content with a sideline in events management.

^We can definitely look forward to more CN reshuffles. As for Alt, the writing is on the wall.

Re Rolling Stone, my first instinct tells me it's far too late to enter the UK market now but then maybe they'll force Vanity Fair to shape up. Rolling Stone is more than just music and celebrities, they also cover politics.

^We can definitely look forward to more CN reshuffles. As for Alt, the writing is on the wall.

Re Rolling Stone, my first instinct tells me it's far too late to enter the UK market now but then maybe they'll force Vanity Fair to shape up. Rolling Stone is more than just music and celebrities, they also cover politics.

Really possible. But as long as Farneti is in the game, I can say with confidence that Alt is also safe.

Jillian Davison just announced on Instagram she’s the new creative director of Harper’s Bazaar Australia, having left Vogue Australia:

I really doubt whether Jillian left on her own accord and I'm not even sure if her move is a win for Harper's Bazaar Australia because Naomi Smith used to do great work at that magazine.

As for the Dutch Vogue editor's departure, the deafening silence in this thread alone speaks volume. Seems I'm not the only one who's indifferent to her news.

I really doubt whether Jillian left on her own accord and I'm not even sure if her move is a win for Harper's Bazaar Australia because Naomi Smith used to do great work at that magazine.

As for the Dutch Vogue editor's departure, the deafening silence in this thread alone speaks volume. Seems I'm not the only one who's indifferent to her news.
Naomi is an amazing editor, better than Jillian and Centenera. Her work at Marie Claire is fantastic.

the Dutch edition is closed , right?

^Yes for now the Dutch edition is closed, until Conde Nast finds a new publisher to take over the license.

And about Jillian at the last issues she didn’t appear, but she’s very close to Edwina so … idk

Rolling Stone is more than just music and celebrities, they also cover politics.

Maybe more with this hire:

Rolling Stone magazine named Noah Shachtman, the top editor at the Daily Beast, as its new editor-in-chief, ending a five-month search for a replacement.

Shachtman, who will start the new gig in September, replaces Jason Fine, who in February was moved to director of content development, charged with overseeing Rolling Stone Films, documentaries, podcasts and books.

“Rolling Stone changed my life. Its music journalism helped push me to play in bands for real. Its conflict reporting gave me a north star to aim for when I was a national security reporter,” Shachtman said. “Its gonzo political journalism inspired me as an editor. I can’t wait to work with Rolling Stone’s talented team to write the next chapter of this amazing story. Let’s do this.”

Prior to joining the Daily Beast in 2018, Shachtman started the Danger Room, a blog that snared a 2007 Online Journalism Award for Best Beat Reporting and the 2012 National Magazine Award for reporting in digital media.

Prior to journalism, Shachtman was a staffer in the Bill Clinton 1992 presidential campaign and a touring musician.

“Noah is a brilliant editor and journalist and has deep expertise running a digital-first operation, which will be critical to our continued growth,” said Gus Wenner, the president of Rolling Stone and the son of the founder, Jann Wenner, who sold a majority interest in the title to Penske Media in 2017.

In January, Penske Media CEO Jay Penske bought the remaining 49 percent from Singapore-based BandLab Technologies that Jann Wenner had sold earlier in a bid to jumpstart Rolling Stone’s nascent digital efforts.

“As iconic as Rolling Stone’s past is, I could not be more excited about our future with this team in place,” Gus Wenner said Thursday.

Shachtman is moving to Rolling Stone’s team carrying some baggage. He is named as a defendant in a defamation lawsuit brought against the Daily Beast by former Gawker editor-in-chief Carson Griffith, who claimed in February 2020 that she was never contacted by Daily Beast writer Maxwell Tani, who wrote a story depicting her as homophobic and racist.

Griffith claims Tani had a personal agenda due to his friendship with one of the writers who leveled the claims. Griffith said the explosive story destroyed her career and that it showed “gross irresponsibility” and the story was “essentially false and defamatory.”

Shachtman said at the time that the Daily Beast stood by its story. The suit is still pending.

On Tuesday, a judge rejected the Daily Beast’s motion to have the suit dismissed and concluded, “The court finds Griffith pled facts which indicates defendants acted with gross negligence.”

nypost

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->