The Curvy Thread

I love wacoal bras for most busty girls. personally i splurge on fantasie, elle, and british made bras. i suggest to do the same if you have a small back size.

not for me! i plan on buying more tomorrow though so we'll see.

i've never heard of wacoal bras, hmmmm.

and of course if you REALLY wanna splurge, agent provocateur

Sweaters!

How do you wear sweaters w/o looking chunky? Today, I'm wearing a black cashmere sweater because its freezing in this office, but when I was at lunch (trying on clothes ) I then realized how much larger it makes me look.

I think I need something relatively thin and close to the body - I think.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what kind of sweaters to look for an hourglass figure?

I love wacoal bras for most busty girls. personally i splurge on fantasie, elle, and british made bras. i suggest to do the same if you have a small back size.

I second the Wacoal suggestion (I wear a 34DD). They're all I've been buying lately. They're pricier than some others but having the right bra makes a huge difference.

How do you wear sweaters w/o looking chunky? Today, I'm wearing a black cashmere sweater because its freezing in this office, but when I was at lunch (trying on clothes ) I then realized how much larger it makes me look.

I've been looking for wrap sweaters but I have yet to find the right one to actually buy. I know exactly what you mean - for years I wore sweaters that just made me look a lot bigger than I am and I'm trying to get away from that.

I've been looking for wrap sweaters but I have yet to find the right one to actually buy. I know exactly what you mean - for years I wore sweaters that just made me look a lot bigger than I am and I'm trying to get away from that.

I've seen a few people wear them so far, but I havent been drawn to them yet. Maybe if its long enough...

I don't have any wraps ... but neither am I a true hourglass. What I wear are generally close-fitting at the top, relatively thin, somewhat loose at the bottom. I have some with a rolled hem, some handkerchief ... if you take a look at the pix I've posted in the French wardrobe thread, you'll see what I think is flattering to me :wink:

does agent provacateur have good support though? I keep my pretty bras adn functional bras seperate.

cat mckenzie int eh meatpackign distict has lingerie that makes agent look cheap/bland

I hate agent provacateur. Their fit is so off and bad. I can't stand them. I have one bra and it's supposed to be a D but it is far from it, it's hot and sexy, but they seem to flatten bigger busts and pump up smaller ones!!

Okay curvy girls...what are your favorite fitting brands?

I'm not a big clothes shopper. Instead, I regularly blow my rent money on shoes and bags. B)
I would love to get some of your suggestions.
Maybe it would make shopping for clothes a little more fun! TIA! :flower:

^ Well, let's see ... on the low end, I like Jag jeans, Max Studio, Ann Taylor, Talbots, J Jill :ninja: On the high end, I like Marc Jacobs (also Marc by Marc) & Donna Karan.

Oh, Tommy Bahama can be good too ... Dana Buchman ... Ralph Lauren ...

This is classified you know :innocent:

I usually end up in something from H&M :ninja: They've got a line called BiB for larger sizes and lots of other styles in larger sizes too. They're cheap, ok quality and they follow trends quickly. The only thing they don't do is proper underwear - that's really a problem for me as I need a H-cup - which in this country means I have to go for Primadonna and there are quite pricey (and frumpy according to my husband :innocent:)

Interesting! I would never have even thought of some of those lines! I have shopped at H&M with some success. When I get my finances back on track, I am going to make a real effort to make my clothes as fabulous as my accessories. :wink:

Sorry but IMO, they just wouldn't work..you might look busting out of them. I'd go for the 3rd one if any

I'm going to merge a thread looking for advice for this figure type in here so you guys can advise her :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->