the "Lohan To Represent Chanel" rumour

Lindsay won't be the new face of Chanel

From Oh no they didn't

I e-mailed Chanel corporate with my opinion that Lindsay Lohan didn't really fit the Chanel image, she's too young, too unsophisticated. Got an e-mail back this morning from Chanel saying that Lindsay Lohan WAS NOT chosen to represent Chanel, so is this a confirmed thing or just hopeful rumor on Lindsay's part, like when she said she was chosen to be the female lead in Mission Impossible III?
http://thebosh.com/archives/2005/12/bosh_comments_lindsay_lohan_not_the_new_face_of_chanel_why_jake_gyllenhaal_got_jilted_at_the_globes_more.php

i dont think lindsay will suit donig chanel campaigns..she just innt the type i guess someone like alessandra ambrosio would fit it more someone sopphiscated not someone...dirty? anddd i dont know! LOLS

i strongly believe this is just a rumour, that maybe started from their pic together.. so lets wait till this is confirmed, his use of selma for the eyewear ads was bad enough.. :sick:

After seeing her Vanity Fair shoot I think she could pull off some lovely Chanel ads.

Although, I'm not too thrilled with this choice, Lindsay does possess that freshness that Chanel is looking for , as well as can look the part , not to mention the many publicities she made for herself in 2005.

It's good to be a movie star, huh? lol

fashionista-ta said:
Presumably he's using Selma & Lindsay to go after that market segment for Chanel ... they apparently have the money, why should they be spending it somewhere else? And now that Chanel has its cosmetics available online, perhaps he's hoping this age group will be good online customers. With Lindsay he's appealing to anyone who came from the wrong side of the tracks but now has some $$$$ ... perhaps also a somewhat untapped market for Chanel?? :ninja:

Hey! I resent that. Why is Lindsay from the 'wrong side of the tracks?' Because her family is working-class? Okay, so I guess that means someone with wealth is from the 'right side of the tracks'? Sooo Paris Hilton would be a suitable replacement for Kate Moss? I think it all comes down to the fact that there is no right or wrong side of the 'tracks' and money cannot buy class! I'm from a South Carolinian middle-class family and I have more class in my bicuspids than Paris has in her over-sexed body! :rolleyes:

ps- please dont see this as some sort of thumbs up on my behalf for Lindsay representing Chanel. I think its a WRETCHED idea! :sick: :yuk:

*pinches self to wake up from this horrid nightmare* its all going to be so gastly ... cries why oh why ??

cutxpaste said:
^ Didn't she says she's bulimic in the VF article?

well no big surprise there! :rolleyes: :lol: What kills me about celebs is that they are perpetually LYING. Everyone knew Lindsay had an ED and drug problem in 2004, and the fact that she would sit and say "Oooh no, I lost weight with a personal trainer!" Is an insult to everyone's intelligence No, Lilo, no personal trainer is gonna work you until you look emaciated. And then she timidly says she's "experimented with drugs" okay, experimenting is my trying an X tablet while and Amsterdam and spending the rest of the night puking, at her level experimenting probably implies slaving over a laboratory of drugs, trying to develop a more potent high! :lol: I just honestly don't see why she went down that route. She's actually talented, she doesn't need to be a twig starlet. Most of the 'skinnies' in Holywood don't have talent! (i.e. Mischa, Nicole, Paris, Kimberly...:innocent: ) I only hope she learns and grows from this and gets better! :flower:

haha well..now that shes put a few pounds back on and gone back to dark hair, she doesn't look so bad. I was quite surprised by the choice, i'll admit, but hey Lagerfield doesn't always go the people expect him to go, so this shouldn't be sucha surprise..maybe he knows something we dont hmm?

the more i think about it, the more this thread belongs to fashion daily
sounds like science fiction, Chanel will never need LL to promote their brand

yourbestfriend said:
Daria Werbowy :flower:

Ugh! Really? She's soooo boring! *yawns* Why can't they get a young French ingenue to capitalize on the French aspect of Chanel? Good grief. ^_^

Edit: and don't say "What about Vanessa Paradis?!?" She looks like 'Kate the sequel' in my book (and apparently in Johnny Depp's book as well! :rolleyes: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan is the new face of Chanel. Read it in a tabloid magazine (of coarse).

Excuse the language but...
Holy #$^&

It's all downhill from here...

:cry: :( :angry:

sheselectric...

there was already a thread on this, and i merged your post with the old thread...
please do a search before starting a new thread...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markchris20224
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->