the "Lohan To Represent Chanel" rumour

Scott said:
^the man's lost all his cells! This really makes all his absurd anecdotes pale in comparison....where is his head?!
Judging from his 'hands' it has to do something with robots. Or what ta-ta said :lol:

Also note how he's wearing lipstick. Not a nice contrast avec le hair. :rolleyes: No wonder he's sucking the lips in, le monsieur realized it.

Does anyone remember Inspector Gadget? 'The Claw'.

I'm not being nice :D:angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
wtf? I couldn't believe this when I saw the topic. erm.

It's people like her (Nicole Richie, etc.) that people here (teens, I presume by their typing) are all OMG over. I'm effing sick of them.

Chanel is going to hell as far as I'm concerned. The fashion hell.

fashionista-ta said:
They may both be celebs, but there's a world of difference between Selma and Lindsay ...

Yes, I agree with you. I don't know to say it, but in a way Selma seems more, I don't know, "indie" and actually has personal style. Lindsay is just like the average teen starlet, doing certain things because they are trendy and not because she's actually into them. But's that just my opinion :flower:.

I'd also like to bring up Selma's appearances with Lou Doillion (sp?) and Evan Rachael Wood in the Miu Miu ads. I actually kind of like those ads. Miu Miu represents a totally difference additude than Chanel - - an additude I think those girls fit perfectly.

On the otherhand, when I picture Chanel, I picture high-fashion French aristocrats, Lindsay Lohan does not project an aristocratic image at all. She's constantly partying at the trendiest places, wearing the trendiest clothes and she's always in the tabloids. Why not have one of their couture models do an ad for them? Freja, Kim, Emina or Ann-Catherine- - they're all 1000 times better than Lindsay. I think Lindsay would be much better suited to appear in an ad for Wet Seal or something that all of her fans shop at. I have never heard of anyone my age wearing Chanel...

Oh lord, what's next??? Nicole Richie for Cavalli????

Oh wait, she's already doing those god-awful Bongo ads... maybe next season....:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. Selma Blair actually HAS style and talent. Somehting Lilo and Richie lack.

Okay, as soon as I saw the title of this thread my jaw literally dropped and I cried "WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!?"

From Kate to Lindsay? What fresh hell? So much for her appealing to the younger generation, I'm 16 and this makes me want to barf. Lilo is trailer trash. No. Just no. This can't be happening.

I can't wait to see what these ads are going to look like... I want to see Lilo do her best impression of Kate Moss!!!!

I get that Chanel is probably trying to break into a new market and all, but i think that it will totally alienate and dissapoint Chanel's original supporters.
By the way, kudos for suggesting Tilda Swinton, she would be divine.
Also Audrey Tatou would be lovely as a Chanel girl as well.

Oh you guys, she is a perfect Chanel representative! A flawless encapsulation of grace, elegance and style!

images587021_Lindsay_Lohan1a.jpg

normal_14.jpg

Lindsay_Lohan048.jpg

Credit
; lindsaylohan.org

:huh:

I don't think Lindsay is your average Chanel girl...:innocent: ...Kate Moss was and would be much better!

Maybe Chanel will start making hotpants and bellyshirts-- then she'd be perfect!

ugly idea, she is so vulgar:sick:

That's precisely what I was saying aquamis. This will be a very bad marketing ploy of Karl. Doesn't he realise nobody of that age really buys Chanel...well maybe if they're rich it's just the bags and logo-crazy accessories....but to put her in an all-out ad campaign is ridiculous. I always thought Karl was alot smarter than that but apparently not.

It's really strange too. 10,15 years ago these types of girls would be doing Gap or something more mass appealing and relatable to their true fan-base. I suppose it says something about the culture we live in today. We're obsessed with these hyped,dreadful actresses and nobody personalities whom have no genuine significance in film or in anything but to make profit out of nothing. But perhaps,this is Karl's ironic point??

Presumably he's using Selma & Lindsay to go after that market segment for Chanel ... they apparently have the money, why should they be spending it somewhere else? And now that Chanel has its cosmetics available online, perhaps he's hoping this age group will be good online customers. With Lindsay he's appealing to anyone who came from the wrong side of the tracks but now has some $$$$ ... perhaps also a somewhat untapped market for Chanel?? :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markchris20224
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->