"The Agency": A New Reality TV Series About Modeling

Reaction score
America's Next Top Model, move over! The Agency is on its way. The press release makes the new reality TV series sound interesting...

VH1 Teams Up With The Wilhelmina Modeling Agency And GRB Entertainment For An Inside Look At The Men and Women Who Create Some of The World’s Most Recognizable Faces “The Agency” (working title) Premieres On VH1 This Fall

The Network Has Ordered 10 Episodes of the Series

NEW YORK, NEW YORK, June 6, 2005 — They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Meet the “beholders” of some of the world’s most beautiful faces : Sean, Pink, Greg, Lorri, Anita, Becky and Carlos — the booking agents of the Wilhelmina Modeling Agency.

VH1 and Wilhelmina blow open the doors to the scintillating world of modeling with a stark look at the lives of these men and women who mold, shape, scold and comfort - all in an effort to create some of the most sought after and recognizable faces in the world. “The Agency” is not a sugar-coated version of the modeling industry. It’s real life, and about an agency that’s not afraid to tell the sometimes not so beautiful story behind the world’s most beautiful faces.

“The Agency” gives viewers a first time ever look at how the modeling industry actually works and the real relationships that exist between the agents and talent - both good and bad. On the catwalk, at client meetings, on casting calls, egos can often run amok and with hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions in play on every deal, the stakes are enormous.

The agent’s livelihood depends on corralling these naïve, flighty, sometimes hugely impressionable models and delivering them on time and looking fabulous, to the agency’s demanding clients. From New York City to Milan, viewers will get a no holds barred view into the world of these high-strung puppet masters of the modeling world.

The half-hour series will also examine the business of operating one of the world’s largest and most successful modeling agencies. Wilhelmina is presently at a crossroads as they look to expand outside the world of simply representing models. There is great discourse within the famed walls as the men’s division continually reaps the rewards of its premiere status and the editorial women’s board struggles to reach the same level.

this sounds fascinating.

already made the mental note to tivo this when it debuts.

i like the idea of a behind the scenes point of view soooo much better than a "contest" like ANTM which i could never really get into.

I can't wait to see " how real" they are. I will be very surprised if they bare all.:innocent:

reminds me of that even trashier spin-off from melrose place - models inc. linda grey head of a model agency- and i think one of the models was whatshername from thye matrix...

i am curious how one becomes a model booker or agent. are most of them former models?

Wonder if they will show them telling models to lose weight and get plastic surgery.

I actually can't wait for this! I too am interested to see what they show and what they don't.

sounds interesting....though I doubt they'll really show everything

Wilhelmina....... :crush:
oh how i lust after their board

wow.. sounds very enticing!!! when does it air?! i want to see how 'real' it really is.. this could be very beneficial for models.. maybe they will get more recognition.. but i hope it doesnt affect all those teenage girls who reeeeally think they have what it takes to be a model just because they have a pretty face.. i think more girls will become interested in modeling.

i never watch ANTM but i always thought it would be interesting to have an agency realtiy show.. i can't wait for the season to begin.. i won't miss any episodes!:smile:

I hope this is more documentary than reality tv. It's probably docureality. I'm watching.

does wilhelmina have any models of note anymore? i remember a pr blitz of the young daughter running the company a couple of years ago.

Modelgirlie said:
Wonder if they will show them telling models to lose weight and get plastic surgery.

hehe, should be interesting to watch.

For years I always wished that there would be modelling reality TV shows instead of the usual big brother/marry a millionaire type rubbish and now the stuff is everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->