The Official Harry Potter Thread

^Lol. He would hate me too and for good reason.

I'm so annoyed that my email hasn't come yet. Hopefully it will soon. :(

^^i heard the potions are really hard to make...
actually it's a good thing i didn't get the mail yet. i need to study for an oral exam on friday morning and i need to know everything from a 300 page book and i just started to study and i'm on page 60, and i'm already procrastinating way too much, pottermore would give me even more reason :lol:

Oh added you back, fashionmuse. Nice to see you! :flower:

Good luck with the studying, Alvedansen. Hope to see you around Pottermore soon.

^^i heard the potions are really hard to make...

they are! i keep melting my cauldron even though i turned off the fire :lol: i gave up after 12 tries. doing spells is tricky too, they dont explain the directions well enough

So when you get into this site you can have friends like we do here?

Do they have to be in the same house as you?

^yea you can connect with friends through facebook if they are on pottermore or you can send friend requests to people if you know their screename and if they are already on the site. they dont have to be in the same house as you.

I've added friends, though I'm not sure how to communicate with them! :lol:

I LOVE that video!

From Mugglenet:

Rumor: 'Deathly Hallows - Part 2' DVD deleted scenes listed

The BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) has updated their site with a listing of deleted scenes that could be present on the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 DVD when it is released later this year.

Note: Warner Brothers has not announced anything to confirm this listing, so for now please regard this as a rumor from a highly-reliable source.

These are the deleted scenes listed with runtimes:

- SCENE 184 - Shell Cottage (01:09:10)

- SCENE 185 - Harry and Luna at Dobby's Grave on the Beach (01:43:09)

- SCENE 215 - Hog's Head (00:47:17)

- SCENE 229E - Marble Staircase with Harry and Ginny (00:26:00)

- SCENE 242 - Wooden Bridge (00:26:07)

- SCENE 245 - Hogwarts Battlements - (00:18:03)

- SCENE 274 - Slytherin Dungeons - (00:37:02)

- SCENE 346G - Marble Staircase with Ron and Hermione (00:18:20)

'Deathly Hallows - Part 2' eclipses $1.3 billion worldwide

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 took in $5.5 million overseas this weekend, bringing its foreign total to $937 million.

The film has now made over $1.3 billion worldwide, becoming the third movie in history to reach this milestone.

Additionally, Part 2 moved past Spider-Man 2, becoming No. 14 domestically, having made $375.5 million in the United States since its July 15 midnight opening.

1.3 billion worldwide?! Fantastic! So proud of our HP. :flower: Very excited to hear about the deleted scenes!

I never have time to do that, so what I end up doing is just rereading my favourite chapters. For example, I reread 'Malfoy Manor' in HP7 today. :D

'Potter' rabbi teaches students parallels between Judaism and Harry's world

When Harry Potter and religion are mentioned in the same sentence, it is usually grounds for strong debate.

But according to a new New York Daily News article, Rabbi Moshe Rosenberg teaches his congregation about morality and ethics through the Harry Potter series.

"When the Hogwarts Express rolled to the end of its enchanting line, Rabbi Moshe Rosenberg was perhaps one of the more unlikely fans who mourned the conclusion of the series about the boy wizard."

He became fascinated with the series more than 10 years ago when he found his students reading Sorcerer's Stone.

"Author J.K. Rowling's books are valuable, Rosenberg said, because they deal with all of life's most essential questions.

'What gives life meaning? How do relationships work? What's the interplay between good and evil and what are our obligations in that struggle?" he said. "All of these things are dealt with in the Bible as well.'"

The Potter series has had many religious and political opponents over the years. What are your thoughts on the series being used this way?

'Deathly Hallows - Part 2' picks up 14 nominations for 2011 Scream Awards

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 has picked up 14 nominations for Spike TV's Scream Awards 2011.

Fans can vote by visiting the Spike TV website right here. Categories for Part 2 include:

- The Ultimate Scream
- Best Fantasy Movie
- Best Director (David Yates)
- Best Scream-Play
- Best Fantasy Actress (Emma Watson)
- Best Fantasy Actor (Dan Radcliffe)
- Best Villain (Ralph Fiennes)
- Best Supporting Actor (Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman)
- Best Ensemble
- Fight Scene of the Year (The Battle of Hogwarts, Final Battle: Harry vs. Voldemort)
- Holy Sh*t Scene of the Year (The Room of Requirement Fiendfire)
- Best 3-D Movie

The show will be taped on October 15 and air as a two-hour show on October 18.

First look from 'Deathly Hallows - Part 1' Ultimate Edition

mugglenet

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to log on and do the same thing!

The video is adorable. I love these kids. Every time I see a video of the beginning - or the end, for that matter - I end up sobbing. :wub: I had such a wonderful childhood reading/watching this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->