Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows *Warning - Thread WILL Contain Spoilers*

^^ Oh God, you're right. :cry: :rofl: Why didn't I see that? *Huggles H/HR*

I've never really shipped Harry with anyone, as I thought we was gonna die :rofl: Him and Luna would be really cute together, but I prefer Neville+Luna (I'm so mad at JK for marrying Luna off to a random guy :judge: )

^^ :woot: I like Harry and Luna. They're both odd and out-of-place... and they fit. :flower:

^^ I didn't even know about it until just right now. I'm logging onto there now...

i bought that book a month ago and never really felt like reading it but now im finally done...

im not a big Harry Potter fan to be honest i just read the books cos i was bored and curious..
i liked the books tho...

i have to say, like many others did before, the epilogue was sh't! i expected it to be a bit more 'mysterious' so ppl can continue guessing how Harry's future will look like...maybe another detail about his past/DD/Voldemort/etc. but not that random train station scene with their kids...so lame! and i dont even mention the names of the kids...
i liked the scene with Draco nodding at Harry tho...

i really really thought that Snape was on Voldemorts side, til the end. i was really surprised by the fact that he wasnt...

Dobbys death got me sobbing like a little baby...it was really moving, but still i was disappointed by some 'random deaths' in the end

some events just seemed out of the place...like Ron running away and the fight between Lupin and Harry...i got the impression that JK had a lack of inspiration and just needed to fill some pages with this...

it was obvious that Harry would survive...but wtf 'dying' and waking up at KINGS CROSS?

my fave scene in the book was Mrs Weasley yelling 'NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU b*tch!' :rofl: yeah very random but i was like :shock: did she write b*tch?

Last edited by a moderator:
After weeks of avoiding any kinds of spoilers, I've finally managed to finish the book and I loved it (despite some flaws)!

To me in the end almost everything made perfect sense, there were just some things I'm still wondering about:
Didn't anyone else find it a little weird that Harry became master of the Elder Wand simply by taking Dracos old wand from him? What did the two wands have to to with each other? Plus, it's not as Harry 'defeated' Draco in a duel or something like that, he just stole his wand!
It's bugging me especially because it's so crucial in the end that a wand can't kill its true master (or can't be properly used by someone else to kill). I mean, it was the main reason Harry was able to defeat Voldemort in the final duel, wasn't it?

Any ideas?

(I'm sorry, by the way, if this was already discussed. Almost 50 pages are a little too much to quickly scan through.)

Of course. There would be riots in the streets if that didn't happen.:shock::innocent:

^^ :lol: You know if Harry actually died, then... children would be suicidal. :ninja:

^ Didnt they set up a special child-line at the release of the book? I'd be woeful if he died but I would never be depressed about it

I didn't believe that he would die. :angel: I just didn't think that JK would be able to take that much criticism.
I actually didn't hear about the child-line.

I was convinced Ron would die! I was so sure that I almost got a bit disappointed when he didn't. :blink:

I was convinced that either Hermione or Ron would...

I actually wished that it was Ron. :ninja: I love him, but I seriously thought that one of them would die--and I just didn't want it to be Hermione. :rofl:

I didnt want anyone to die and predictablyy enough I wanted the death eaters to die.. and voldemort etc thats all but I really thoughht one of the main three characters were to die. and I kind of still dislike Ginny

Does anyone have a scan of the first page of Almost Famous in Teen Vogue's current issue? It features Jamie Campbell Bower, who is starring with Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, and Timothy Spall in Sweeny Todd. In the second page of the Teen Vogue ed, he says that he is keeping his "fingers crossed" to play Tom Riddle!! :woot:

It sounds like he auditioned and is hoping to get the role, but considering he is playing alongside three other prominent Harry Potter actors, maybe the connections will help him score the role?? :woot: I really hope so, he definitely looks the part. :brows:

Here is the second picture featuring him, and he sure has that Tom Riddle manical laughter thing down.

veritaserum.com

If anyone can scan the first page (where he looks particularly :brows::crush:), it will be greatly appreciated!! :heart:

Too bad Christian Coulson (Tom Riddle in CoS) is too old for the role by now, I really liked him as Riddle :unsure:

Here is the second picture featuring him, and he sure has that Tom Riddle manical laughter thing down.

Interesting, I've never seen Tom Riddle (or Voldemort for that matter) as someone who would laugh manically. In my imagination, all you'd get from Riddle/Voldemort was some kind of scary sneer.

^In HBP, it was mentioned that, when excited, Tom Riddle had that crazy smile/laugh that instead of making him more handsome, made him appear evil, insane even. :flower:

Also, the adult Voldemort has his high, mirthless laugh which is mentioned many times in the books. :flower:

I took a photo of the picture from Teen Vogue, I hope the attachments work. :flower:

I also found these:
(on the right)

myspace.com

Attachments

• jamie.jpg
    jamie.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1
  • jamie2.jpg
    jamie2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1
  • bower.gif
    bower.gif