Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows *Warning - Thread WILL Contain Spoilers*

yes, i'm sure it was just a bad picture of her. But I think she will look older if she gets rid of the bangs. I loved in the OOTP movie when the the minutes before Cho and Harry kiss, Ginny keeps looking back at them like she knew what was going to happen

^^ Yeah actually, I noticed that too... how Ginny turned around to look at Harry as if she knew that there was something there between Harry and Cho.

I was wondering if that was me only or if it was intentional... But since you spotted it too, maybe it was written in the script. :flower:

^^ I hope she doesn't wear that in the film! :rofl: I don't know, but Bonnie is cute... but not that beautiful. *Don't attack me for that comment.*

You're completely right though, shes 'cute' but no way is she beautiful. They should've replaced her when they had the chance, too late now! Its not even like shes a great actress either. If they did shoot the epilogue (which I pray they do not) I think Cillian Murphy would make a perfect older Harry!

yes, i'm sure it was just a bad picture of her. But I think she will look older if she gets rid of the bangs. I loved in the OOTP movie when the the minutes before Cho and Harry kiss, Ginny keeps looking back at them like she knew what was going to happen

And as theyre walking on the bridge and Hermione says something like 'one good thing, Cho couldnt keep her eyes off you' Ginny looks sad/woeful:lol:

^^I notice them but I didn't think they were actually planned until afterwards when me and my sister were discussing the movie

yes, i'm sure it was just a bad picture of her. But I think she will look older if she gets rid of the bangs

I can't believe she let someone do that to her hair. :( She needs help from a stylist for premieres and promo but since her doens't play Hermione or Harry's love interest (well yet) unfortunately no one is giving her free Chanel or Lanvin.

I loved in the OOTP movie when the the minutes before Cho and Harry kiss, Ginny keeps looking back at them like she knew what was going to happen

That is one of my favourite bits in the movie. It made me smirk cause we all know what's going to happen.

The worst bit of the whole kiss hoopla is the way Katie says mistletoe just before Cho and Harry kiss. It makes me cringe every time I here it.

Man you guys are tuff. Glad my pics not on the internet anywhere. Bonnie is way better looking than me.

^ That part makes me cringe too. Actually the whole scene, I look behind my hands so stupid of me but I can't help it.

I don't think Bonnie is unattractive (though she is in those unfortunate pictures), but I don't see her as Ginny. Also what you said about not being given Lanvin/Chanel as shes still a minor-ish character in the films, I have a feeling shes been wearing a lot of Marni? Maybe thats just me. And wasnt her bag to the Bourne Ultimatum Miu Miu? She obvioulsy just doesnt wear the pieces well:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I
The worst bit of the whole kiss hoopla is the way Katie says mistletoe just before Cho and Harry kiss. It makes me cringe every time I here it.
The kiss was terrible! :lol:
And did anyone else find it kind of strange that they were kissing in front of Cedrics picture. I'm not saying Cho has to be a nun for the rest of her life, but it just was a little weird

^ That was a bit weird, in the book I thought the kiss was better, when they went to Hogsmeade and kissed in that Tea Shop on Valentines Day.

^^I was really looking forward to the tea shop scene, its such a good part of the book. But in a way I'm glad they didn't as I have the perfect idea of what the tea shop would look like in my head

I totally forgot about their dates and all her crying. Thank god they kept that out. I do like Harry's "Luna inspired" answer of the mistletoe full of nargles.

Were Cho and Cedric actually together? I thought he just asked her to the ball and was Cho in the year above Harry and that cause I missed that in the book.

I hope they don't film the scene in HBP where Ginny is hasselling Ron about his love life. I felt so bad for Ron in that bit. I blame Ginny for pushing Ron towards stupid Lavender cause that hurt Hermione but I can't be that pissed off cause otherwise we wouldn't have "won won" :lol: I hope they don't cut the Lavender story. All of Ron's stuff ends up cut it's not fair.

It's good that Quiddittch is coming back. That will help in building the Hary/Ginny storyline.

Lacroix: I was just teasing about the other two getting the high-end designers. Hopefully Bonnie will get some help. She has another year before the next movie premieres. I think the fringe is too dramatic for her but the colour is just beautiful. The main problem with the outfit is the skirt. If the skirt was a block colour or it was a dress she would look fine.

^ lol Ok, but you still made a good point- it really is as though Chanel etc are throwing clothes at them!

I think Cho & Cedric dated from the Yule Ball onwards but I'm not sure

I loved that part in HPB when shes like 'you've never snogged anyone, I have, Harry has, Hermione kissed Krum!' (I know thats not the exact quote). I can imagine it being humourous/character building on screen. I'm so desperate to see who they've cast to play Lavender

Last edited by a moderator:
^Actually, there's a bunch of Harry/Ginny moments that I completely missed when watching OotP. :shock:
I noticed two: 1) When everyone left the DA meeting and Cho was still there and Harry went there to talk to her and Ginny knew something was going on. 2) Harry was like "Good job, Ginny!" or whatever that he said when she conjured up her Patronus.

:rolleyes: Those two moments were a little forced if you ask me, or maybe I'm biased. :blush:

On the IMDB link that Style Star posted on page 5 or 6 they talk about something happening between H&G either during or after Harry is being possessed. I so don't remember seeing any "moment". I was busy wondering what the hell was going on as I couldn't remember that part in the book. I'm gonna go home and watch it again.

^I think they said that the scene of Harry being possessed was viewed through Ginny's eyes.

This one?
OK, I saw all that other stuff too. But you've all completely missed the most profound moment they had in the film; and it's understandable because unless you're a filmmaker or have studied cinema intricately you would tend to miss this sort of thing (but it's a testimony to David Yates' brilliance).
The biggest scene is when Harry is being possessed by Voldemort at the end. He's lying on the floor, and Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, and Ginny come out to see what's happened. Well when the camera shows Harry on the ground, with Dumbledore kneeling over him, it is directly from Ginny's point of view; not Ron, not Hermione, nor anyone else. Ron comes out, and to his right is Hermione. Neville is to Ron's left and behind him is Luna. But to Hermione's right, just behind her right shoulder (exactly the point where the camera angle is directed at Harry, and the angle, where we, the audience, see him), stands Ginny. That entire moment is seen from Ginny's POV. No other character, I don't think, beside's Mad-Eye in GoF, has ever had that before.

If anyone has screencaps of it, it would be great. Pay careful attention. right behind Hermione's right shoulder, from the exact position that Ginny's standing in. It was brilliant.

^ Thats really interesting. I feel like watching it again now.

^I think they said that the scene of Harry being possessed was viewed through Ginny's eyes. This one?

Yes that's it and it so does. I watched it last night and it has to be from Ginny's point of view. I didn't even like OoTP movie when I first saw it and now I just can't wait to see HBP. But I can't wait till November 2008. It's too long.

Another funny bit is before the infamous kiss when Ron & Hermione who are standing on either side of Harry realise that he wants to go talk to Cho and the two of them are smirking hard out you just know that they want to burst out laughing. Dan just keeps a straight face and walks off saying Merry Christmas really fast to everyone so they will bugger off.

I didn't even noticed that was all in Ginny's eyes. If the film maker wanted it to be obvious, it wasn't... or maybe he wanted it to be deep and profound. :rolleyes:

Now I want to watch it again. :lol:

Well, I didn't notice the Ginny thingy I mentioned before until the second time I saw it. Thats interesting that the director filmed that scene from her point of view. I'm guessing its floating around the internet somewhere, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->