The Sims 3

I'm not good with computers, and I don't have any clue about all the requirement business :lol:
I just got my Laptop about 2 month ago, so hopefully it will work.

You definitely need a faster computer to play it. I have an 18-month old iMac and it plays perfectly on that though! :smile:

I removed sims 2 from my "gaming computer" to install sims 3.
It turns out that computer is one of the worst you can buy for gaming . .
Sims 3 is very slow for about five minutes and then crashes.
So annoyed . .
I want one of those Alienware ones designed for gaming.

Would anyone recommend installing it on Laptops? I have a Desktop computer, so I would install it on there if not.

I tested it using the website, and it said something would not work. I told my sisters boyfriend (who is good with computers) and he's going to fix it tonight.
Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to play it! :clap:

i have it, it's 100x more addictive than the Sims 2 even without any custom/expansion pack stuff...i have stayed up all night playing it, no lie. it's much more fluid, and with all the extra traits for Sims there's just so much more to...explore, i suppose.

Also, I use it on a laptop, & there's no lagging, works/looks great

HTH! i absolutely LOVE it.

Last edited by a moderator:
34 pound???

it costs 50€ in germany which equals about 50 pound at the moment

and it's very addictive, indeed

My sister just bought Sims. So addictive! I literally spent 4 hours just making my characters. I like how you can customize the fabric and the patterns on the whole outfit. It's like you are a designer. So fashionable.

I have a new Macbook and use it to play Sims 3, and at first it works really well, and is fast and everything.

But then a couple hours into playing, my cursor just disappears completely. So I quit the game and then my cursor re-appears right away.

So I have no idea what that's about...

A girl was playing Sims 3 on her laptop in the seat in front of me on the bus yesterday.

sniff.

everyone in my neighbourhood already has it, but i dont :doh: haha. i hope i can grab it soon somewhere because i am sooo excited. i didnt play sims for a while now but i am sure as soon as i have the new game i will be stuck in front of my laptop for days again :lol:

i want to play it, but the sims 2 hasn't work on my computer (i has at first, but then it suddenly stopped), so I hope TS3 will work.

i know how i'm gonna spend my summer, if it works ;D

omg, i shouldnt have come here, im such a sims junkie. i havent tried it yet but ive been told its pretty similar to sims 2, graphics wise. i had sims one and then sims 2 with ALL the expansion packs, yes all of them. i trashed my computer so many times because of that. and stopped playing it because it was a serious addiction, like i skipped school a couple of times because of that, yeah. now i may have to get a new computer so i can play sims 3 lol

I can't afford to buy it yet, but with all the of the Sims mania circulating since the 3rd game came out, it's inspired to re-install my Sims 2 and I love it!! Haha. My girl's already gotten married and had a baby. Yay :smile:

Someone asked for some elaborations on the new features, so I'd thought I'd answer that. So sorry for being longwinded.

New features for the better in my opinion includes: the personality traits, which makes your sims more believable and personlike.
The neighborhood, which means that you can go anywhere in the neighbourhood (in your car/bicycle/on foot/taxi) and visit shops, neighbors and so on (no loading screens like in the previous sims, thank god!). Your friends and neighbors have lives on their own based on those personality traits and they basically manage themselves, get jobs, friends, age and so on. I find this really cool because the town lives by itself and seems very organic and alive.
The style editor in the build/buy menus give you a lot more freedom when it comes to designing. And objects now rotate 45 degrees! Awesome!

They've gotten rid of the option to build you own neighborhood from scratch, which I find a shame because I really liked that feature in the 2nd one.

I think overall it hasn't changed much graphically, although the new camera is cool and you can really view things from the sims angle and look over scenery which is very nice indeed. There are a lot of familiar things in the new sims. But they've definately improved the game, however I still find the time to be a HUGE issue, I mean I'm sitting like a monkey on a rock when they go to sleep or to work, waiting for them to wake up or come home. I really wished Maxis had added an option to make time go even faster than those 4 options.

But overall better than sims 2, not mindblowingly better in my opinion, but better. Sorry for the long post. :smile:

oh thank you for the insight =) it seems the features are cool, it was annoying that everytime you wanted to go downtown or on vacation it loaded for ages every new time. i look forward to see how it is to interact with the neighbors since the last versions they where just tools to get promotions lol and the build tool yay! i want to see how much freedom we have to design our houses!

OMG I didnt know there was a thread for this
I love the game..Im addicted my only complaint is that
Im going to miss all the downloaded options for clothes from the sims 2..
they used to wear V&R, Chanel, Dior, Alexander Wang, Herve Leger, and even had the Prada fairy bags..they dont have the body shop so my sims wont hav the luxury

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->