Thigh High / Over the Knee Boots

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
Browsing pictures for the Latex/Leather pants thread and having these confuse me, it just made me realise who big this trend just got for the Fall Winter 06.07 season. Is it the new must have boot?

And the biggest question: are these really comfortable and wearable? What would you wear them with? What is your take on this trend?

Chanel Couture F/W 06.07
Source: style.com

00010m.jpg

00370m.jpg

Kimkhuu - :woot: You are the BEST trendspotter ever!! :heart::heart::heart:

Great stuff ^_^

Thanks Curious. :blush:

I am personally not a huge fan of the Chanel RTW one as the fabric makes them look quite off... I am just wondering what kind of fabric they used for the couture show as it is really beautiful. Is it some sort of really stiff/think dark denim? I think these boots only work with really stiff fabrics or high gloss faux leather or matte faux leather.

Kimkhuu said:
Thanks Curious. :blush:

I am personally not a huge fan of the Chanel RTW one as the fabric makes them look quite off... I am just wondering what kind of fabric they used for the couture show as it is really beautiful. Is it some sort of really stiff/think dark denim? I think these boots only work with really stiff fabrics or high gloss faux leather or matte faux leather.

I concur. I esp. think the denim ones are awful!

What are the Givenchy made of? Is that real or faux? 'cause they're gorgeous :wub:
So if they're real, I'd say they're pretty sweet in leather too.

For someone other than me of course :lol:

I love high boots to death, but they are hell to pull on and off, and not for this weather. :yuk: Also, how do you sit or bend your knees with such a pair of thigh-high leather boots? My preferred material is patent leather or a very soft calf or silk, worn with short one-piece rompers. Heels shouldn't be too high or sharp though, it might end up with a fetish vibe...not nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching these pics, I think it's gorgeous.

But will it still be gorgeous (and well combined with other clothes) when the 'normal' people on the street are going to wear it...

i love the idea of thigh high boots but i could never wear them I saw some in the shop today and just thought of the boots Julia Roberts wore in Pretty Woman even though the ones I saw looked nothing like them! Bad connotations stop me from wearing this trend!

Zazie said:
Heels shouldn't be too high or sharp though, it might end up with a fetish vibe...not nice!

Very true, I share the same "fear". It needs to be very sleek and understated. I like the styling at the Givenchy Couture show, it's a bit dark and severe and that works very well with the boots. :heart:

im not feeling these ..i like knee high...imagine pulling these boots off..ouch!

:ermm: I don't like them... it's very easy to fall in vulgar with them, tey are hard to match IMO

Thanks for the thread. :flower:

i really like the chanel RTW one's in black, with a patent toe.

I can't really see this go totally mainstream.. which i guess is a good thing- it's easy for the proportions to look "off" imo.

Very sexy but not something I'd be able to pull off. :(

Not quite that high..but still quite high nontheless..

Versace A/W 06.07

00150m.jpg

with a heel, over-the-knee boots seem very "pretty woman" to me. too much heel, too much boot, just too much.

but i think a well-made flat otk boot can be totally gorgeous... i have been hunting for a pair for myself forever... i love the idea of the boot disappearing underneath a knee-length skirt or a sweater dress or lots of layers (but nothing too long)...

in my opinion, it's when you show skin/stocking between the superhigh boots and the skirt when you run into problems :innocent:

Kimkhuu said:
Very true, I share the same "fear". It needs to be very sleek and understated. I like the styling at the Givenchy Couture show, it's a bit dark and severe and that works very well with the boots. :heart:

Yes, it mustn't be the type of cliche thigh-highs you see stalking the dark streets...:D A bit serious, and also, I'd like an "ugly" lower heel or round toes instead of the sharp toes and stilhettoes. I wear mine with poof shorts or a big bubble coat, nothing too sexy. I'm still deadly afraid that the soft patent leather will crack soon where they wrinkle at the knee and ankle...:(, and yes, what great suffering to wear, but what an impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->