Tips on Bag Cleaning and Maintenance

no, no, these are actual solid erasers, like the kind that erase pencil marks. you can buy them at any shoe repair place, or places like aldo or wilsons leather usually sell them. it doesn't involve water or liquid or any cleaner fluid, you actually just erase away the dirt, then you can use the suede brush to raise the nap of the suede.

I was thinking about conditioning my Balenciaga with the Apple Garde leather care. Anyone here that has experience with conditioning bbags? Any help is appreciated! I have the rouge vif city.

How long time does it take? Can I do it inside on a table? :flower:

^^ I think a lot of Balenciaga owners use apple guarde...

I even think a lot of them use Lubriderm. :lol:

A far as I know a good facial moisturizer keeps the leather bags perfect and milk removes pen stains. I was told that at Furla, and yes, it works!

^ Milk?! I'll have to try that on my Marc Jacobs stam to see if it gets out denim colour transfer that i've been wondering how to clean for ages! I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for the tip :flower:

how to protect white chanel classic flap in caviar leather?

what to use in protecting it against stains? do u spray anything? thanks a bunch!

I'm curious about that too. I've been thinking about buying one but I'm afraid it will get dirty and stain easily.

for Balenciaga - use LMB (loving my bags). I dont have any links, but thats what all the girls over at tPF use, and love it!

I've heard bad things about using the Apple Guarde CLEANER, the conditioner is good to use though, i have and use it myself ^_^

does anyone know of any good products to remove yellowing on lighter colored bags?

has anyone tried Vectra Spray on their bags??? or shoes???

I wanna use it on my white chanel classic flap caviar leather. Is it ok for that type of leather? Does it really protect from stains???

How bout on shoes? Im thinking of getting a Tod's white ballerina. Does anyone know if using Vectra will protect shoes from getting dirty?

Thanks!

Young Princess, i haven't tried vectra, but i do spray all my shoes before i wear them with a Tana waterproofer, that also helps protect against staining, snow, etc. It really does waterproof them! Every 15 wears or so i'll give them a good clean and a new spray (or after you get stuck in the rain- just be sure to let them completely dry out first).
You can definitely spray it on your Chanel- i've done this myself and it didn't have any detrimental effects. While it will waterproof them and stain-proof to some extent, it won't guard against colour transfer from jeans, etc. (you'll have to get them dry cleaned and a top quality cleaner to get rid of those stains).
Hope that helps? :flower:

do u use the Tana on leather too? and can you use it on white leather?

which one do u use on your chanel? the Tana or Vectra?

Yes, the Tana is designed for leather- but i use it on all my shoes (leather, suede, silk, etc), and have also used it on my Chanel 2.55 (though mine is a black caviar rather than white) and Marc Jacobs stam. Haven't tried it on my other bags, they're all dark so don't really need it as much. I've found it really does repel water and surface dirt, though not deep stains.
I've never actually seen Vectra, but i just get the Tana from department stores in Australia. Where are you located?

Oh, i might add- if you're a bit worried about it (i was paranoid too, given how expensive my bags and shoes are!), just test it on a small patch that doesn't matter as much (like the bottom base), and see how it looks after a few days. If you're happy, go ahead and do the whole thing. It's much better to do two really light coats, than one heavy one that leaves it looking wet.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the scratches on McQueen Novaks? I have two, a woven one which is still in perfect condition even after 8 months, and a large purple plain leather one which is already scratching after 3 weeks!

Boots & Perfume said:
Oh, i might add- if you're a bit worried about it (i was paranoid too, given how expensive my bags and shoes are!), just test it on a small patch that doesn't matter as much (like the bottom base), and see how it looks after a few days. If you're happy, go ahead and do the whole thing. It's much better to do two really light coats, than one heavy one that leaves it looking wet.

Hi! I'm not sure they carry that here in US though :huh:

I think Vectra is pretty much the same thing. Tana is a waterproof spray that helps protect against surface stains, and that seems to be what people use Vectra for. Hope that helps :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->