Tips on Bag Cleaning and Maintenance

how to remover sunblock from leather?

I use a coach black leather bag for school, and now its got white casts all over the leather. how can I take it off? it looks really bad :(

HELLPPPP!!!! I use a black coach leather bag for school and I use sunscreen just before I head off. Now its got white casts all over it! I tried damp cloth then, damp cloth with a bit of soap, but its still there! I'm panicking coz its not the cheapest school bag. how do i get this off? really3 need advice.. :(

i called their hotline and they didnt suggest that. they just suggested the water thing. i wonder if the ones mentioned here before like the apple leather cleaner will work? ugh i hate this i wanna get the white stuff out..pllssss anybody? :(

is there a coach store at a mall near you? im sure they have oodles of cleaners within the store. betcha wont have to pay for anything...i'd let one of the workers clean it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont buy anything! i doubt they will protest. this is their job.

I hope someone here can help me...I have a Givenchy pumpkin bag and ther other day I was pulling on one of the tassels to open it and the tassel popped off :shock:
Basically I need to re-glue it onto the leather cord and don't know what's going to hold best...it's also going to be quite a job getting the cord back down the center hole of the tassel...urgh, I'd have though such a spendy bag would be a little more sturdy...sheesh.

Just wondering if anyone can give me any tips on colour transfer on lighter coloured leather bags? I have a putty Marc Jacobs Stam and on one side the quilting has denim colour transfer from where it has rubbed against my jeans. The blue suede lining also has an alcohol stain from where i carried a bottle of perfume in it on the plane so it didn't break, and instead it leaked on the lining and now the blue has gone a darker blue (i tried washing and drying this out but no luck). The MJ store in Paris recommended i find a good leather dry cleaner and they might be able to- has anyone tried this before? I'm a bit nervous about dry cleaning such a precious bag given i've never done it before. Huge thank you and karma in advance to anyone who might be able to help! :flower: :winkiss:

Arielrose, i would definitely take this to a professional cobbler/leather bag repairer. They will be able to do it professionally with their leather tools, rather than you trying to glue it on and get it through the hole which probably wouldn't hold very well. I had a gucci bookbag and a similar thing happened, and they fixed it very well. Just make sure you find a good one you trust! Hope that helps! :flower:

HELP - Blue ink on my LV strap!

I got a smudge of blue ink on the strap of my Louis Vuitton Monogram Looping. Called LV and of course they just offer to sell you a new strap. It's not THAT bad, and its more on the underside of the strap and you can't see it when I wear the bag, but I know its there, and would love to clean it if I can. The strap doesn't have that much patina yet. Anything that will help remove it? Tried baby wipes and a pen eraser...no luck. :blink:

I heard, never tried this myself, that a little bit of hairspray on a Q-tip may work

good luck!

I recommend removing any ink dye transfer stains as soon as possible... otherwise the stain will just set... and be REALLY hard to remove.

i've recently purchased the apple garde rain/stain repellant, does anyone know how often i'm supposed to be spraying my bag with it????

chocococo said:
I heard, never tried this myself, that a little bit of hairspray on a Q-tip may work

good luck!
Has anyone tried this? I have the same dilemma :(

I also heard those Mr. Clean sponges work, but that was from a vegan so I'm not sure if she meant leather or not :wacko:

I'm scared to try anything that's not proven. Nervous nelly!

those MR. clean sponge things are amazing, but do dry the leather out dramtically, so be prepared to lotion your baby up with leather lorion after using one. and use it very gently and sparingly. they work wonders but sometimes dont do anything for an annoying mark or stain.

i need some help to clean suede. just bought a gently used Mj bag and the lining is cream suede and it has a bit of dirt along the top area. anyone have any tips on cleaning suede besides a suede brush???

^jun, the suede erasers work wonders for me usually, I always feel like it's magic!

thanks mundo....are those the same as the mr.clean ones or no? who makes em?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->