Trends You Are Sick Of #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Aug 11 2004, 01:59 AM
On the subject of emo glasses....I have to wear thick plastic frames because I'm so blind that my thick thick lenses keep popping out of wire rims. I don't think you should think of it as a trend as long as the person really needs glasses. I think its good everyones embracing their lack of poor eyesight rather than trying to make their glasses as invisible as possible.
[snapback]328030[/snapback]​

i know for a fact that there are a league of men and women who need no vision correction whatsoever and wear those frames. it sucks for those who actually need them...but it's like the trench or blazer...it's like they are items that EVERYONE already had. they were trend free and then they were trendy...now it makes it bad for the rest of us who had them anyway.

Originally posted by rubycat@Aug 11 2004, 08:39 AM
Von Dutch and logo overload of any kind. :yuk:
[snapback]328192[/snapback]​

I second that, I despise Von Dutch especially the trucker caps :sick:

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Aug 11 2004, 08:52 PM
I second that, I despise Von Dutch especially the trucker caps :sick:
[snapback]328864[/snapback]​

Same here, down with Von Dutch.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Aug 11 2004, 07:48 AM
i know for a fact that there are a league of men and women who need no vision correction whatsoever and wear those frames.  it sucks for those who actually need them...but it's like the trench or blazer...it's like they are items that EVERYONE already had.  they were trend free and then they were trendy...now it makes it bad for the rest of us who had them anyway.
[snapback]328176[/snapback]​

If one has to wear thick plastic frames go all out. Huge oversized plastic items by Cutler & Gross.
cg10.jpg

It's the only way.

I detest flip-flops, pajama pants, Uggs, trucker hats, ironic tee-shirts, those short military jackets, colored bags a la Vuitton, and an overdose of Coach.

What's the problem with mini skirts? I think they're cute. I still can't get tired of them. I'm mostly tired of jeans. Maybe we should all lay off fashion and read books or something, lol.

Skimming over this thread--- It seems like we're sick of everything! Maybe it's not the CLOTHING that's the problem or even how so many people wear the same stuff, but rather how it's made popular... like we see things on TV or in magazines and get sick of it, because it's advertised so much.

Originally posted by Embrace88@Aug 14 2004, 11:50 AM
Skimming over this thread--- It seems like we're sick of everything! Maybe it's not the CLOTHING that's the problem or even how so many people wear the same stuff, but rather how it's made popular... like we see things on TV or in magazines and get sick of it, because it's advertised so much.
[snapback]332073[/snapback]​
agreed!! :/

Originally posted by Embrace88@Aug 14 2004, 10:50 AM
[snapback]332073[/snapback]​

i would have to agree as well

exept i really don't like high waisted jeans

low rider jeans & belly shirts

....sorry but not everyone wants to compete with a street walker on who can wear less clothes in public.

also cheap thong flipflops :yuk:

edit: oh and most of all LV bags.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 14 2004, 03:53 PM
exept i really don't like high waisted jeans
[snapback]332133[/snapback]​

Really? Do you not like the new trendiness of them or do you not like the style?

I love high-waisted anything and I'm glad they're back in style. Low-riding jeans and skirts are kinda gross.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 14 2004, 01:47 PM
Really? Do you not like the new trendiness of them or do you not like the style?

I love high-waisted anything and I'm glad they're back in style. Low-riding jeans and skirts are kinda gross.
[snapback]332161[/snapback]​

at first i thought they where ok, like the chloe ones, but personally i like low and skinny rock and roll style jean

I like the high waisted skirts alot and trousers, but not the jeans

Personally the only time I ever liked high-waisted jeans was when Balenciaga did them for f/w 02, other then that I prefer something a bit closer to the hip.

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Aug 11 2004, 12:39 AM
actually my best friend has white blonde hair. naturally.
and people are forever walking up to her and telling her to lay off the bleach. she gets so annoyed by it and I don't blame her.... it pisses me off when people make assumptions about things that are none of their business.
[snapback]328002[/snapback]​

Impossible unless she's albino. There is no such thing as white hair pigment.

Either way its :yuk:

i like a lot of trends just fine... it's the OVERSATURATION that i hate-- when everyone and their dog has the trend, and keeps on wearing it. a year ago i did a 'trend board' for a class of mine, predicting a big trend and i choose to do tweed in women's wear. i LOVED tweed then... it was just starting to appear in the magazines, but not on the racks.

now, tweed is supposedly the next big thing for fall and i'm so over it already, even though i haven't seen anyone around here wearing it.

also ponchos-- i liked them in the spring, but now that even JC Penny's has them in their ads, they make me puke.

it's how fashion is for most of us who are innovators and fashion leaders: we like what we've got until it becomes accesable to the rest of the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->