UK Elle January 2018 : Romee Strijd by Laurie Bartley

Srdjan

Reaction score

(zinio.com)

In Louis Vuitton, styled by Anne Christensen.

Elle UK is really killing it. Love it (except the awfulf Refresh layout)

Wow I wasn’t expecting this at all. Very pretty.

That refresh is truly terrible. What is it with British publications and wanting to butcher their covers with awful layouts?

It's definitely a reFReshing January cover. A bit messy with the texts clashing an already vivid cover image, but I love Romee and her face, so I might be getting this!

20_-01-01_Elle_UK.jpg

What Romee Did Next
Ph: Laurie Bartley
Stylist: Anne Christensen
Hair: Panos Papandrianos
Makeup: Ayami Nishimura
Manicure: Roseann Singleton
Model: Romee Strijd, Akiva, Alejandro Harris, Baba Diop, Danny Singh, Jay King, Jayro Castro

Marie Claire 1/18 Digital Edition

When a magazine can't do the Vogue Italia thing of putting one easy-peasy word on the front of the magazine, they're stuck having to reconcile how to get their coverlines to stand out against a busy image, while balancing the amount of empty space left on the cover. Making a commercially appealing cover IS an art in itself (a lost art, it seems, in many cases). But I can see why the 'refresh' has taken the shape it has.

Another month where I'm still interested in what UK Elle are doing.

I was never her biggest fan, so the messy art direction makes this cover even less appealing to me. I do like the styling and her editorial despite how unBritish it looks. Without looking at the credits I'd have thought it was styled by Samira from American Elle.

Must confess that this is the first cover since September that I'm wasn't immediately compelled to rush out and buy. It's an OK cover shot of Romee but a little too busy for my taste. The layout does nothing for me I'm just a little underwhelmed by all this.

However, I did have a leaf through the issue (because thankfully the issue is not shrink-wrapped this month) while out food shopping the other day and I did come across a nice fashion story with Cindy Bruna by Gilles Bensimon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonChin88
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->